+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

skgs

Mar 20, 2018
I am a Jan 17th Applicant, and NDVO started processing on April 3rd. I haven't got any update/correspondence since April 3rd. I just got a response from my local MP, he stated that Eligibility and Security are In-Process, and both have a deadline of three weeks from today (a note from the NDVO officer).

I see that NDVO almost completed Jan Applicants, and when do you think I would get an update? Any idea how long will it take once Eligibility and Security are done? MP mentioned I am looking close to Jan 2019, or Dec 2018 for DM if I am lucky
Greetings!

Jan 17th applicant again. CIC account status now changed to "Application/profile updated" but nothing was updated nor changed, no PA email nor a message in the account, however ECAS now changed to "Decision Made". Does this means Eligibility and Security are completed? When will I get a "PA" and "PPR"? Thank you in advance

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hey, pls see my timeline below:

Application received at CPC Mississauga: November 2, 2017.
Medical Request : February 20, 2018.
Birth Certificate & Police Certificate Request: May 2, 2018.
File Transferred to NDVO: May 19, 2018.
NDVO started Processing my Application: May 22, 2018.
Pre Arrival Service Letter: September 5, 2018.
DM & PPR: October 29, 2018.
Hey Kanchan, congrats on getting DM and PPR. I've been waiting for the DM and PPR for 5.5 months since getting prearrival and it's because security is pending. I'm wondering since you got your DM and PPR ~2 months after prearrival, maybe it was also because of security. What country is the PA from and have they visited any other countries as well? Just trying to get an idea of why the security is taking so long for me. Any info you could provide would be really helpful :) Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Kanchan

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hey Kanchan, congrats on getting DM and PPR. I've been waiting for the DM and PPR for 5.5 months since getting prearrival and it's because security is pending. I'm wondering since you got your DM and PPR ~2 months after prearrival, maybe it was also because of security. What country is the PA from and have they visited any other countries as well? Just trying to get an idea of why the security is taking so long for me. Any info you could provide would be really helpful :) Thanks in advance!
Hi Sheikh,
I don’t know exactly as how they work on security thing. However I also think that it depends on how much u have traveled.
Well, in my case I’m the principal applicant and I’m from Bhutan. I had traveled to only India, Nepal and Thailand though multiple times. I thought that my security check got delayed due to this very reason. Some applicants who got DM n PPR immediately after pre arrival letter haven’t traveled anywhere at all.
I guess u have traveled to different countries as well :)
Why don’t you contact MP and find out the reason? They do provide u with details on why your file is taking so long after pre arrival.
Wish u good luck!

Reactions: SHEiKH_000

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
And also my dependent child had traveled with me :)

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Greetings!

Jan 17th applicant again. CIC account status now changed to "Application/profile updated" but nothing was updated nor changed, no PA email nor a message in the account, however ECAS now changed to "Decision Made". Does this means Eligibility and Security are completed? When will I get a "PA" and "PPR"? Thank you in advance
Anytime now :). Be ready for the good news. My GCKey account still says that the background check is in progress. Nothing’s changed there. But ECAS shows Decision Made. I already got PPR. So don’t worry. U r soon getting PPR.

skgs

Mar 20, 2018
Anytime now :). Be ready for the good news. My GCKey account still says that the background check is in progress. Nothing’s changed there. But ECAS shows Decision Made. I already got PPR. So don’t worry. U r soon getting PPR.
Thank you, and Congrats for your PPR :) May I know how long it took for you to get PPR after DM? I have got DM and PA on Nov 2nd but still no PPR. Typically how long does it take for PPR email after DM?

chanpreet09

Oct 1, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I submitted my passport at chandigarh vfs on 24 Oct and is forwarded to NDVO on 25 Oct. I haven’t received my passport back since then. Any one on the same boat?? Or anyone knows how many more days NDVO will take? Please reply