+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

glass

Mar 21, 2013
can we still enter in canada if your passport is going to expire in 2 months..would they let you to enter in canada..

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
anurkk said:
Hi Godprovides,

My timeline is same as yours submitted in 1st week of october .Passport request on 19 th Nov.But we could submit only on 1-Feb .From 18-Feb the file is In Process.When did your file go in process ? Was the decission made came yesterday or you checked yesterday?
File went into process on 15th March and DM came on 19th March. I didnt check IN PROCESS as i was busy with familial things. if yours IN PROCESS....rest assured that you will get DM within 4-5 days if VO perceives your case as genuine and straightforward. PP should arrive within a week after DM. I am waiting for PP this week :) Good Luck!

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
prithiv said:
Happy life Ahead with your love :)
Thanks and Good Luck to you :)

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
godprovides said:
Thanks and Good Luck to you :)
I want to hear from people who had received PP before from CHC after Visa Approval. Is it mandatory that it has to be received by my spouse only? Other people at home can sign for PP delivery right? Also, do they send back the pictures and other stuff that you have sent? anyone received pictures back from CHC? thanks for your input guys!

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
godprovides said:
File went into process on 15th March and DM came on 19th March. I didnt check IN PROCESS as i was busy with familial things. if yours IN PROCESS....rest assured that you will get DM within 4-5 days if VO perceives your case as genuine and straightforward. PP should arrive within a week after DM. I am waiting for PP this week :) Good Luck!
Well not entirely true about in process and DM. Nothing to do with case is genuine and straightforward.. But it Depends on visa officer.

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
godprovides said:
I want to hear from people who had received PP before from CHC after Visa Approval. Is it mandatory that it has to be received by my spouse only? Other people at home can sign for PP delivery right? Also, do they send back the pictures and other stuff that you have sent? anyone received pictures back from CHC? thanks for your input guys!
thanks GP...It would be like any other registered post and would be given to anyone who can authorise the delivery .some cases they had send the personal doc bck,sme cases nt.

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hey guys! This message is for new applicants and not for people who have already submitted their applications (although, it could be good for everyone):

I thought I should share some thoughts after I been through the spousal sponsorship twice - first time when my brother applied for his wife, and second when I did it for my wife.

1. Make sure your file is top notch! Think of it as a project that you have to do and at the end, you need to submit an application file which is complete and perfect. You need to put in a lot of effort.
2. Give your file a structure - make a table of contents and make sure you list out all the documents in the application file in the same order as the document checklist. Include the document checklist.
3. Do not miss out on any important documents:
Sponsor:
- Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residence
- Option C printout for the previous tax year / proof of income
- Letter of employment / proof of self employment
Spouse who is being sponsored:
- PCC for every country lived in for more than 6 months since attaining the age of 18
- Proof of medical examination completed (Do the medical just before you submit the application)
- Identity documents
4. For proof of wedding include the following:
- Photos of the wedding ceremony (6-8 pictures)
- Photos of reception (6-8 pictures)
- Marriage certificate (religious and registered) - attested and translated if not in English.
5. Include the following for the honeymoon:
- Pictures (6-8 pictures)
- Tickets/boarding passes for travel proof
- Hotel/travel agent receipts
6. To prove the relationship is genuine and continuing:
- Phone bills
- Money sent to spouse
- If you talk over skype or Facetime... mention it. That is what I did. But I also had some phone call bills.
- Emails and chat records (this could be tricky as you may have some personal stuff in it)

If your case is straightforward - keep it simple and include everything. If it is complicated - again keep it simple and make it as clear as possible. Both my case and my brother's case were straightforward and we kept it clear and simple and hence we did not have any issues.

Last piece of sincere advice - do not use a lawyer, immigration consultant or a representative. They will make you do most of the work and charge you a lot of money for it. Most of them will make your life miserable and it could delay your application. So, as this is a big part of your life, make sure you put in some personal effort into the file. Dont leave it to some useless representative who just wants your money!

Once you have done everything from your side, you should be good to go. If you are not clear in your file and it is difficult for the visa officer, expect delays in the processing.

Lastly, once you have submitted your application, you will come on this forum and try to discuss what you have experienced and you will also read a lot of other people's experiences. You will get some amazing advice and help. However, there are some posts that may trouble you and make sure you dont get carried away emotionally. Some people will curse Canada, CIC, NDVO... while others will think life is over and they have lost everything and they might get a divorce... or actually might get a divorce. It can get really nasty! So, you and your spouse in Canada need to be very strong through this process and be there for each other. As it is we are Indian and the society plays on out emotions a lot! Worst is when it is your own family.

A lot of people will give 'expert' analysis and try to find a trend and will try to predict when to expect stuff. Believe me, it is all crap! There is no trend as every case is handled in a unique way and not sure if there is a system that NDVO uses. None of the people who have applied have actually worked at the NDVO... so nobody knows anything. At the same time I am not saying that NDVO is perfect. The best way you can see how things are going is looking at the timelines and comparing yourself with other applicants who have applied around your application date. But it is not a perfect science.

Keep a positive attitude and make sure you do your part to make it as smooth as possible. Then just sit back and watch!

PEACE!

TRM

Patientlywaiting1234

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process. 01-25-2013. DM 11-18-13
TRM2011 said:
Hey guys! This message is for new applicants and not for people who have already submitted their applications (although, it could be good for everyone):

I thought I should share some thoughts after I been through the spousal sponsorship twice - first time when my brother applied for his wife, and second when I did it for my wife.

1. Make sure your file is top notch! Think of it as a project that you have to do and at the end, you need to submit an application file which is complete and perfect. You need to put in a lot of effort.
2. Give your file a structure - make a table of contents and make sure you list out all the documents in the application file in the same order as the document checklist. Include the document checklist.
Sponsor:
- PCC for every country lived in for more than 6 months since attaining the age of 18
- Proof of medical examination completed (Do the medical just before you submit the application)
- Identity documents
- Marriage certificate (religious and registered) - attested and translated if not in English.
- Phone bills
- Money sent to spouse
- If you talk over skype or Facetime... mention it. That is what I did. But I also had some phone call bills.
- Emails and chat records (this could be tricky as you may have some personal stuff in it)

If your case is straightforward - keep it simple and include everything. If it is complicated - again keep it simple and make it as clear as possible. Both my case and my brother's case were straightforward and we kept it clear and simple and hence we did not have any issues.

Last piece of sincere advice - do not use a lawyer, immigration consultant or a representative. They will make you do most of the work and charge you a lot of money for it. Most of them will make your life miserable and it could delay your application. So, as this is a big part of your life, make sure you put in some personal effort into the file. Dont leave it to some useless representative who just wants your money!

Once you have done everything from your side, you should be good to go. If you are not clear in your file and it is difficult for the visa officer, expect delays in the processing.

Lastly, once you have submitted your application, you will come on this forum and try to discuss what you have experienced and you will also read a lot of other people's experiences. You will get some amazing advice and help. However, there are some posts that may trouble you and make sure you dont get carried away emotionally. Some people will curse Canada, CIC, NDVO... while others will think life is over and they have lost everything and they might get a divorce... or actually might get a divorce. It can get really nasty! So, you and your spouse in Canada need to be very strong through this process and be there for each other. As it is we are Indian and the society plays on out emotions a lot! Worst is when it is your own family.

A lot of people will give 'expert' analysis and try to find a trend and will try to predict when to expect stuff. Believe me, it is all crap! There is no trend as every case is handled in a unique way and not sure if there is a system that NDVO uses. None of the people who have applied have actually worked at the NDVO... so nobody knows anything. At the same time I am not saying that NDVO is perfect. The best way you can see how things are going is looking at the timelines and comparing yourself with other applicants who have applied around your application date. But it is not a perfect science.

Keep a positive attitude and make sure you do your part to make it as smooth as possible. Then just sit back and watch!

PEACE!

TRM

Well said.

H4B

Nov 23, 2012
TRM2011 said:

Sponsor:

- Identity documents
- Phone bills
- Money sent to spouse

PEACE!

TRM
it's very well said and thanks for wonderful extract. I applied on 15th Aug and File transfer on 25th sep,beside that all got pp and visa even after my submission but me I did not get anyhting jsut application received. I am thinking to go back and live in India can not ruin marriage life by "waiting time ' .I am really getting paranoid and I tried MP also they said can not do until time lapse and I sent Inquiry also did not hear anything yet. Seriously If i know this before could not come to canada.

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRM2011 said:

Sponsor:
- Identity documents
- Phone bills
- Money sent to spouse

PEACE!

TRM
Very well said TRM2011.. instead of blaming NDVO just wait and relax everything is going to be fine and soon who ever is waiting for there loved once will be with you soon.
Just think for a second how many (100's) of applications and passports request get send IN/OUT from these visa offices..
I will pray mine and everyone waiting here there application get Decision Made..