AOR Received.
07-09-2012
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012 (In process -13 Dec 2012)/ Decision Made 19 Jan 2013
Don't worry that's a standard reply...They would never reject before doing interview..unless criminal issues..even incase of medical issue..they ask you to get more medical testing done..you are clear don't worry..
surbhi65 said:
thank you..actually i was worried abt this part "The office will contact you concerning this decision." whether it means positive or negative ??? ??? ???

surbhi65

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th july
Passport Req..
26th sept
VISA ISSUED...
21st jan
iwonder said:
Don't worry that's a standard reply...They would never reject before doing interview..unless criminal issues..even incase of medical issue..they ask you to get more medical testing done..you are clear don't worry..
thank you so much for ur help :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
abcjuly1988 said:
Hi Guys,

I am from Karnataka,INDIA
I was recently called to New Delhi for the VISA Interview.

I have applied for PR and I come under spousal sponsorship.
The application for Immigration was submitted sometime in May, after my wedding(in April) with a Canadian Citizen and after a long slog through for preparing the required documents.

I had my wedding ceremony on 8th of April, 2012. This was indeed a small ceremony conducted, as my husband had to leave back to his town on urgency note. We then submitted for the visa application.
I basically come from a orthodox Hindu family. The older people at my place demanded to see their only grand daughters wedding happen lavishly.
To satisfy their wishes, we then decided sometime in september to conduct some of the holy rituals as a part of already happened wedding.
My husband came all the way from canada, leaving behind his work, only to satisfy the wishes of our very elders.

After a while later, I received an email from CIC in september, after this set of rituals. I was asked to send out photographs of my wedding, the chats that i exchanged with my husband and some of my other required identity proofs with an enclosing letter.
In the enclosing letter, we mentioned about the wedding that happened in April, we spoke about the rituals that we performed in september too.
The photos that we enclosed did collectively had some clicked during April function and some clicked during the ritual ceremony.

As days passed, things were really good with us with a built up dream to join my husband on the faster note.
One fine friday morning, in october, I received an email from CIC, which read out that I am called for an interview.
I was excited and my fingers went crossed, hoping for the good response after my stimulus presence at the interview.

But, I must say, my interview was bad and screwing.
Here I go with my interview experience:
I had my interview scheduled initially @ 9:30AM. I was called in @ 10:25AM and the interview did last for hardly bad 20-30 mins. There was an Indian lady in the interview cabin. She was sweet to me for a minute or two. She demanded for the marriage certificate. I showed her the one that I carried with me. She then asked me to brief about my relationship~ The wedding date, how did i come in contact with my husband before the wedding, How well settled is my husband now in Canada, his education, his current job, about my in-laws, about my family, about my career plans after my relocation to Canada.... and what not.

Below are my replies for the Qs posed by her:
-> How did you come in contact with your so called husband, before the wedding did really happen?
Me and my sponsor(husband) came across in the matrimony site. We exchanged few emails and found to be compatible. We then decided to tie knots on April8th, 2012.
-> The interviewer then posed few Qs about my family, my husband's family, mu husband's work position, his living position etc etc.
After this above sequence of Qs, She asked me, if I did get married in April at all or just submitted the fake reports for the visa purpose.
This ruined my feelings. This put a fullstop for the dreams that I built all the way from April :(
The interviewer suspected about the wedding that happened in April. She argued that the wedding happened for sure but, happened in September and I am falsely terming the occasion as rituals, instead of the actual wedding.
I tried convincing her with the photographs and the marriage certificates that I loyally obtained after my wedding in April.
The interviewer was not satisfied with my supporting documents. She initially gave back my passport and said, she gives up here for the cause.
I continued to talk politely and sticked to my disciplines and tried to convince her. After a mean while of arguments, she took back my passport stating, I can get it back with/without visa stamped.

=============================================================================================================
Guys, Please let me know, how this will be treated at their end? I am really worried about this.
I am just hoping to join my husband at the earliest and pursue my education. I have couple of exams to be taken, for which my passport is needed.
I have plans for pursuing my studies in a good university @ Ottawa, for which some plans are made and my husband is doing his best to get me into the college that he studied in for MS degree.

It's been close to 2 weeks, that I had had my interview and my passport is retained by them.
Can i expect my visa at this state? Please let me know.
Also, is there a possibility of just mailing my passport without providing the visa. :(
This is just bothering me day and night.

And, it's closer to an year to celebrate my wedding anniversary :( And the pain is that I have still not joined my husband.
I am helpless.
Kindly put in your thoughts here and educate/advice me accordingly.
Sorry to hear about your interview.

I read your post. twice. If I was your VO, I would be confused too. The only issue in your case was that the timing was off. Had you applied after september(after rituals), things would have been easier.
If its a genuine matter of confusion, it can be easily sorted.
one thing we need to understand is that; not only the volume of proofs but also their relevence need to be provided. Did you lable all the pictures the second time you sent in and provided a cover letter with the story as you told here?

These guys see too many marriage frauds. Its but natural that each case is viewed with certain amount of skepticism. We all suffer due to some anti social elements who fake marriages. So give them a break. Denial rate in Canada is low for spousal. They may come up with a positive news.
In the meanwhile, keep checking your ecas to see if goes under process.
If asked for more proofs,ensure that you are labelling and explaining everything.

Dont go for any gcms or other inquiry as of now. Some people say too much pestering may act against us.
ALL THE BEST. Dont worry too much about split milk.

SRNizami

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2012 and 15-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
09-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with the application
Passport Req..
27-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
.....waiting
LANDED..........
.....waiting
abcjuly1988 said:
Hi Guys,

The application for Immigration was submitted sometime in May, after my wedding(in April) with a Canadian Citizen and after a long slog through for preparing the required documents.

I had my wedding ceremony on 8th of April, 2012. This was indeed a small ceremony conducted, as my husband had to leave back to his town on urgency note. We then submitted for the visa application.
I basically come from a orthodox Hindu family. The older people at my place demanded to see their only grand daughters wedding happen lavishly.
To satisfy their wishes, we then decided sometime in september to conduct some of the holy rituals as a part of already happened wedding.
My husband came all the way from canada, leaving behind his work, only to satisfy the wishes of our very elders.

After a while later, I received an email from CIC in september, after this set of rituals. I was asked to send out photographs of my wedding, the chats that i exchanged with my husband and some of my other required identity proofs with an enclosing letter.
In the enclosing letter, we mentioned about the wedding that happened in April, we spoke about the rituals that we performed in september too.
The photos that we enclosed did collectively had some clicked during April function and some clicked during the ritual ceremony.

As days passed, things were really good with us with a built up dream to join my husband on the faster note.
One fine friday morning, in october, I received an email from CIC, which read out that I am called for an interview.
I was excited and my fingers went crossed, hoping for the good response after my stimulus presence at the interview.

I had my interview scheduled initially @ 9:30AM. I was called in @ 10:25AM and the interview did last for hardly bad 20-30 mins. There was an Indian lady in the interview cabin. She was sweet to me for a minute or two. She demanded for the marriage certificate. I showed her the one that I carried with me. She then asked me to brief about my relationship~ The wedding date, how did i come in contact with my husband before the wedding, How well settled is my husband now in Canada, his education, his current job, about my in-laws, about my family, about my career plans after my relocation to Canada.... and what not.

-> How did you come in contact with your so called husband, before the wedding did really happen?
Me and my sponsor(husband) came across in the matrimony site. We exchanged few emails and found to be compatible. We then decided to tie knots on April8th, 2012.
-> The interviewer then posed few Qs about my family, my husband's family, mu husband's work position, his living position etc etc.
After this above sequence of Qs, She asked me, if I did get married in April at all or just submitted the fake reports for the visa purpose.
This ruined my feelings. This put a fullstop for the dreams that I built all the way from April :(
The interviewer suspected about the wedding that happened in April. She argued that the wedding happened for sure but, happened in September and I am falsely terming the occasion as rituals, instead of the actual wedding.
I tried convincing her with the photographs and the marriage certificates that I loyally obtained after my wedding in April.
The interviewer was not satisfied with my supporting documents. She initially gave back my passport and said, she gives up here for the cause.
I continued to talk politely and sticked to my disciplines and tried to convince her. After a mean while of arguments, she took back my passport stating, I can get it back with/without visa stamped.

=============================================================================================================
Guys, Please let me know, how this will be treated at their end? I am really worried about this.
I am just hoping to join my husband at the earliest and pursue my education. I have couple of exams to be taken, for which my passport is needed.
I have plans for pursuing my studies in a good university @ Ottawa, for which some plans are made and my husband is doing his best to get me into the college that he studied in for MS degree.

It's been close to 2 weeks, that I had had my interview and my passport is retained by them.
Also, is there a possibility of just mailing my passport without providing the visa. :(

And, it's closer to an year to celebrate my wedding anniversary :( And the pain is that I have still not joined my husband.
I am helpless.
I am not sorry for what happened. Because I don't think it was your fault or your husband's or anybody's in that matter, except the interviewer. Being an Indian, doesn't she know what importance our rituals are given in our country? I feel she was being either a communist, a racist or completely being rude!

We're all sailing in the same boat. Without our respective husbands/wife's. We completely understand what you are feeling. I would say, don't loose HOPE, just yet. Ask your husband to visit his MP today and get all this in notice.

My husband and I have been planning to get the whole immigration issue in front of the media back in Canada. Because this is not at all fair. I agree there are fakers but we have provided enough proofs and are waiting in vain.

You don't get upset. Things will fall in place and you'll be surprised to know how. Be positive and pray hard!

KP0789

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi ( 2 year travel history )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 june 2012
File Transfer...
05 sept 2012
Med's Done....
MAY 12
Passport Req..
17 sept 2012
woww finally some good news :) just heard back from MP he got ths reply from NDVO....

(We are pleased to advise that, soon, the applicant's visa, passport, and any original documents which are on file will be sent by registered mail to the following mailing address in India: )

MP said u will receive passport in 10 15 days

my ECAS is still application received ..

SRNizami

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2012 and 15-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
09-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with the application
Passport Req..
27-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
.....waiting
LANDED..........
.....waiting
KP0789 said:
woww finally some good news :) just heard back from MP he got ths reply from NDVO....

(We are pleased to advise that, soon, the applicant's visa, passport, and any original documents which are on file will be sent by registered mail to the following mailing address in India: )

That's seriously a good news! Congratulations!

I wish I got the same answer too :'(

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Calgary2013 said:
Thank you. Do you have a general idea on how much time they take to request for passport after the applications has been forwarded to New Delhi?

Hey Paul and Calgary2013,
We have timelines that are close. I have not received my PPR either. Looking at spreadsheet, mostly they have sent ppr within 2 to 6 weeks. But lately i guess they have not sent ppr's for files received in November and after. Maybe they have changed the process and this might be the new trend (they might ask for passport when they are done with processing). But its my guess.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
KP0789 said:

Congrats thats very good news!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
abcjuly1988 said:
Hi Guys,

I am helpless.
Thanks for sharing your experience and sorry that you have to go through the interview. Since the visa officer has taken the passport there are more chances for you to get the visa. Stay Positive! All the best!

brar.arsh

Dec 22, 2010
London ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-09-2012
AOR Received.
Sep-25-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-26-2012
Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
KP0789 said:

Dekhya fer.. Main ki keha c.. Bas hun mere layi pray karo.. N do lemme know in PM the procedure you followed..

Mevakesh

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
So an off topic question for my ND VO folks... Do you guys ever send gifts, etc using any Indian website? Do you guys know of any reliable/secure on-line vendors in India? Google wasn't helpful and I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation...

aviatorsteve

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
3-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
KP0789 said:

Hey KP0789,

Congrats! That is great news, let us know when you see any changes on ecas or get the passport!

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
gill nimrat said:
wow....ecas updated directly applicatiov rcvd to decision made.....

congrats!!!!!

Abuzz

Jul 31, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
Mevakesh said:
So an off topic question for my ND VO folks... Do you guys ever send gifts, etc using any Indian website? Do you guys know of any reliable/secure on-line vendors in India? Google wasn't helpful and I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation...
I would be interested in that too... I used 3 different ones on her birthday (just in case one didn't go through) was pleasantly surprised when they all did. I think no matter how shitty the site looks some of them work. Planning on sending something again, any good recommended sites? I don't remember which ones I used, they were just 3 random ones I found on Google.

godprovides

Jan 16, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
25th Oct 2012
File Transfer...
25th Oct 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Passport Req..
submitted 25th Nov 2012
Abuzz said:
I would be interested in that too... I used 3 different ones on her birthday (just in case one didn't go through) was pleasantly surprised when they all did. I think no matter how *censored word*ty the site looks some of them work. Planning on sending something again, any good recommended sites? I don't remember which ones I used, they were just 3 random ones I found on Google.
I have used www.fnp.com and www.monginis.net and it was nice. easy to use! i had delivery problem once with fnp when they delivered on wrong day but i am going to try them again. sending cakes, monginis best for quality for sure!