05/19/2012
Passport Req..
08/23/2012, In Process 11/5/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Wanna go to Toronto as soon as possible
Danieal said:
Hey guyz ... im so sorri to ask you dis question: buh hmm since my wife got her ppr w/o an interview? what does that meant? They not going to kall her foh an interview or dey will after the ppr? if sum1 could help out dis question will b appreciated...thankz

Hi..Can you please let me know yr timeline?
When u got yr sponsorship approval?

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
RGP said:
Thanks to all.
Hey Jot any update? You are next in que.
Nope nothing at all. We contacted our MP but didn't hear anything yet.

mumble

Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2012
AOR Received.
10-Aug-2012
File Transfer...
13-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
10-Oct-2012. In Process since 26th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18th Feb 2013..Address Change 16th Feb 2013)
LANDED..........
Destination Ontario
Hello All,

I have been reading this thread and we have really good people helping each other here. I have some questions of my own. it would be nice if you guys provide your views of the same.

1. We recently got our sponsorship approval after a long wait of 97 days. We are waiting for PPR. I am not sure how it comes, is it a snail mail or an email?
2. I hear that passport should be sent only via Indian post and not via private courier, is this true?
3. It seems that there is no rhyme or reason for a case to be simple or complicated. I have seen many people wait for months even though the cases are conventionally simple. Well, here is mine, just wanting an opinion how does this one sounds to you

We have arranged marriage. A very typical family driven arranged marriage. We got married in two months of meeting each other. I (the applicant) do not have any travel history. Both of us are almost equally educated and are well settled in respective careers (though I have recently resigned for a much needed break)

We have submitted around 150 labelled pictures of engagement, marriage and post marriage ceremonies. We have included some of our honeymoon pictures too. We have submitted call histories of calls exchanged between us. We have submitted one pager of how we met and how we got married and a list of his relatives I met before marriage and whom he met from my family etc. This is in addition to marriage certificate and other legal documents

Does not knowing each other for a long time before marriage impact the case in any way? Does this sound plain and simple or complicated?

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
RGP said:
Thanks to all.
Hey Jot any update? You are next in que.
hello my friend
actually there is no que as they dont follow the rule first come first serve i have no idea which policy do they follow only god knows as in my case am waiting for last 9 months

APscorpion

Aug 6, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Aug 2012 / (In Process - 26th Sept) & (Decision Made - 10th Jan 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
07 January 2013
LANDED..........
29 January 2013
Phulvir said:
Hi Friends i got my PPR today ......I have 2 doubts ..........Firstly , I am the principal applicant but my name is not mentioned anywhere on PPR , it is directed to my sponsor wife only ....Secondly , I am not able to find any details on ECAS using the info on PPR .......Can anybody explain something....??
Hello Phulvir,
Ashu is right, the one your wife (sponsor) got is definitely the sponsorship approval. CPC-M never sent any email for sponsorship approval to applicant.
First, you applied on 10th May, and CPC-M is working on application recieved till 14th may.
Secondly, you are unable to find any detail on Ecas after entering your details.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
mumble said:
Hello All,

I have been reading this thread and we have really good people helping each other here. I have some questions of my own. it would be nice if you guys provide your views of the same.

1. We recently got our sponsorship approval after a long wait of 97 days. We are waiting for PPR. I am not sure how it comes, is it a snail mail or an email?PPR will go to applicant and usually it comes via email. (99.9% cases except you have not given your email address in forms)
2. I hear that passport should be sent only via Indian post and not via private courier, is this true?
NO its not truth, best option is blue dart courier services
3. It seems that there is no rhyme or reason for a case to be simple or complicated. I have seen many people wait for months even though the cases are conventionally simple. Well, here is mine, just wanting an opinion how does this one sounds to you

We have arranged marriage. A very typical family driven arranged marriage. We got married in two months of meeting each other. I (the applicant) do not have any travel history. Both of us are almost equally educated and are well settled in respective careers (though I have recently resigned for a much needed break)

We have submitted around 150 labelled pictures of engagement, marriage and post marriage ceremonies. We have included some of our honeymoon pictures too. We have submitted call histories of calls exchanged between us. We have submitted one pager of how we met and how we got married and a list of his relatives I met before marriage and whom he met from my family etc. This is in addition to marriage certificate and other legal documents

Does not knowing each other for a long time before marriage impact the case in any way? Does this sound plain and simple or complicated?

your case sounds very simple to me and i hope you receive your visa within 1-2 months
best of luck :)

Danieal

Aug 17, 2012
smvi said:
Hi..Can you please let me know yr timeline?
When u got yr sponsorship approval?

I applied on march 20 and it tooks me more than three months to know that they received the file, meant Ma wife in india, received the letter sayin that received the application and they want her to send her original passport and a copy of a receipt payment i did it canada.

apply date: march 20 2012.
recevied the letter from New Delhi on : july 8th
thats all i kno foh now lol

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello friends,
I went to fed ex office to mail my passport to new delhi vo. Fed ex told me that area is not covered by fedex and cant be shipped its one of the restricted area.
I came home and called DHL. DHL says they service the area where Delhi VO is located but when I mentioned the document include my passport they said passport should only be mailed to india from either embassy to embassy or from consulate to consulate. ( doesnt matter which country the passport belongs to. My passport belongs from Nepal).

I am now confused how do i send the passport to new delhi. Any idea?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
vanwilder said:
hello friends,
I went to fed ex office to mail my passport to new delhi vo. Fed ex told me that area is not covered by fedex and cant be shipped its one of the restricted area.
I came home and called DHL. DHL says they service the area where Delhi VO is located but when I mentioned the document include my passport they said passport should only be mailed to india from either embassy to embassy or from consulate to consulate. ( doesnt matter which country the passport belongs to. My passport belongs from Nepal).

I am now confused how do i send the passport to new delhi. Any idea?
i think you have only 3 options now
*you can contact any friend or relative visiting India or Nepal.
*you can travel to Nepal
*you can request extension for passport submission.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
ashunandal said:
i think you have only 3 options now
*you can contact any friend or relative visiting India or Nepal.
*you can travel to Nepal
*you can request extension for passport submission.
Thank you! but every Nepalese applicant does courier the passport to new delhi VO office as there is no canada visa office in Nepal. So I am doubtful about the fact that passports from any country cant be mailed to india. ( I am thinking the rule only applies to indian passport). let me know if anyone has more idea about it.
I am planning to send the passport first to nepal and courier passport from nepal to new delhi VO just like every Nepalese applicant do. I dont think there would be a problem. ANy idea?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
vanwilder said:
Thank you! but every Nepalese applicant does courier the passport to new delhi VO office as there is no canada visa office in Nepal. So I am doubtful about the fact that passports from any country cant be mailed to india. ( I am thinking the rule only applies to indian passport). let me know if anyone has more idea about it.
I am planning to send the passport first to nepal and courier passport from nepal to new delhi VO just like every Nepalese applicant do. I dont think there would be a problem. ANy idea?
yes it would be better to send passport to nepal first than courier to ND. ask other applicants from Nepal, maybe you have facility to submit passport in the Canadian consular office in Nepal.

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
ashunandal said:
you can send case specific enquiry from CIC website and fax ND and email address with be in PPR email :)
thanks ashunandal..

APscorpion

Aug 6, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Aug 2012 / (In Process - 26th Sept) & (Decision Made - 10th Jan 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
07 January 2013
LANDED..........
29 January 2013
RGP said:
Any update on DM this sunday?
I guess..itsss all quiettt....... May be lots of DM coming week.... ;)