+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

mandeep2012

Jul 6, 2012
neemann said:
So bluedart website says that my passport is delivered at ND VO. I hope to get the Passport back with visa stapmed ASAP.
Hey Neemann, when did you sent your passport? We sent ours with India post speed post was that a mistake ? (someone told us not to your private courier) Their website sucks i can't track anything on there. Praying to god that it reaches delhi.

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I sent it yesterday and it was delivered today. Everybody on this forum suggested Bluedart and we did that and i am satisfied that i did that. The charged Rs. 310 and gave us the tracking no. and was very accurate.

But i think that even speed post is not a bad thing. They will deliver it for sure. Just pray that we get the passport back with vosa on it at the earliest.

mandeep2012 said:
Hey Neemann, when did you sent your passport? We sent ours with India post speed post was that a mistake ? (someone told us not to your private courier) Their website sucks i can't track anything on there. Praying to god that it reaches delhi.

Jul 7, 2012
sumitd said:
9000002James bond ji.. ;)

congrats for getting the PPR....average time to get the Visa approval as long as your case is strait forward is about 2 months from the file transfer day that is when your file was transferred to ND from Mississauga...

Hope that helps...

thanks man

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Hello friends,

can I send my passport from USA to cic office in new delhi. I received passport request recently and ready to mail it to new delhi. as per my knowledge cic office in new delhi cant mail the passport back to countries other than india/nepal and bhutan but I guess its okay to MAIL MY passport from USA TO NEW DELHI.

also it came to my knowledge that the passport will be mailed to canada consular office of my home country once decision is made and I have to pick it up from there. Now since I am not in my home country can i send a representative to pick my passport. Do i need to send an authorization letter for that. Any idea

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi smvi,

my wife got email on Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

its early mrng

so like ashu said i guess its computer generated auto emails but i dont know when they fire they email

tk cr

smvi said:
Slow day by CIC..So far no updates..No PPR n no DM :( :( :( :(

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Congrats brooo

hope u get DM also soon

gill1986 said:
good news i got my wife AOR mail today, and file has been transfer to ND office on Aug 07, that would be 90days to get file transfer and 100 days to get the mail. good luck to everyone else

PS: please update me on spreadsheet. thanks

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-08-2012, In process Sept. 20th, Decision Made Sept 23, Passport Returned Sept 27th!
vanwilder said:
Hello friends,

can I send my passport from USA to cic office in new delhi. I received passport request recently and ready to mail it to new delhi. as per my knowledge cic office in new delhi cant mail the passport back to countries other than india/nepal and bhutan but I guess its okay to MAIL MY passport from USA TO NEW DELHI.

also it came to my knowledge that the passport will be mailed to canada consular office of my home country once decision is made and I have to pick it up from there. Now since I am not in my home country can i send a representative to pick my passport. Do i need to send an authorization letter for that. Any idea
Hi Vanwilder,

If you read the second last page of your passport, it will say the passport is not to be mailed outside of any country by post. We were in the same situation as you. So, we just sent the passport with a trusted friend, wrote a letter authorizing them to carry it, wrote a cover letter stating that we were unable to leave the US due to work obligations, and that a friend carried it over. Be sure to take notarized copies of pages of your passport. In the cover letter, make sure you mention the change of address for mailing address in India. You can also use a case specific enquiry to notify of this.

After sending the passport, you may end up in two scenarios.

One unlikely scenario if your initial application was not submitted with lots of proof of relationship is that an interview may be requested. At least in this case, the consulate would be fully aware that you are not in the country, in which case, they would have to send it back to the local mailing address in India. You can then get a friend to bring it back, and attend the interview.

Or, you may not be requested for the interview, which is more likely the case. In this case, you would get the passport mailed back to local mailing address in India. Get your friend to bring it back.

Hope that helps.

Cheers! :)

gr_mehrotra

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
31-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made Oct 1st 2012
LANDED..........
Soon
Jely said:
Hey Congrats gr_mehrotra and amira_mais for the visitor visa :)

Could you guys share what documentation did you submit for visitor's visa ? also, were you recently married too ?

I am ready to submit my sponsorship app; and thinking of applying for visitor's visa since PR takes about 6 months. please share your experience, so it'll be helpful for all those who are planning to apply for visitor's visa.

Thanks a lot.

We submitted the following dos for visitor visa:-

1. Letter from my wife's employer mentioning that she is being granted 2 weeks leave.
2. My Canadian bank statements for 6 months.
3. Letter of invitation for inviting my wife to canada.
4. Marriage certificate.
5. Letter from my employer confirming employment.
6. Copy of my PR card.

Hope this helps..Thanks !

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Hello friend thanks for your reply. very much appreciate it.

My concern is will my friend or family member in my home country is authorized to pick the passport on my behalf?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jely said:
Hey Congrats gr_mehrotra and amira_mais for the visitor visa :)

Could you guys share what documentation did you submit for visitor's visa ? also, were you recently married too ?

I am ready to submit my sponsorship app; and thinking of applying for visitor's visa since PR takes about 6 months. please share your experience, so it'll be helpful for all those who are planning to apply for visitor's visa.

Thanks a lot.
Hi, I think you misunderstood...it wasn't me or my husband who got a visit visa (actually we were refused prior to getting married)... it was gr_mehrotra and aman1983 who were successful. Hopefully one of them will see your question.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gr_mehrotra said:
My wife would like to stay a minimum of 2-3 weeks in order to justify the expenses of visiting Canada :)

It is very likely that she will get the PPR as the plan is to be in Canada around Sep 8th and it would have been around 25 days from the time the application was forwarded to Delhi.
Oh, 2-3 weeks isn't that long! You wouldn't be losing a terrible amount of time if you delay PPR then. Just advise Delhi accordingly if that's the route you choose.

Jely

Aug 4, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Passport Req..
31-10-2012
hey sorry..thanks for the clarification.

amira_mais said:
Hi, I think you misunderstood...it wasn't me or my husband who got a visit visa (actually we were refused prior to getting married)... it was gr_mehrotra and aman1983 who were successful. Hopefully one of them will see your question.

Jely

Aug 4, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Passport Req..
31-10-2012
Thanks gr_mehrotra, it really helps.

gr_mehrotra said:
We submitted the following dos for visitor visa:-

1. Letter from my wife's employer mentioning that she is being granted 2 weeks leave.
2. My Canadian bank statements for 6 months.
3. Letter of invitation for inviting my wife to canada.
4. Marriage certificate.
5. Letter from my employer confirming employment.
6. Copy of my PR card.

Hope this helps..Thanks !

RGP

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomas_saint said:
Hi RGP...
yeah my lawyer's canada address

but I have mentioned my India address while sending my passport to VO ND

there is no option to change it to Indian address... because the new address column has country as Canada and it is freeze cannot be changed...

do I have to send a new mail ( blue dart or speed post) to VO ND to change it to my Indian address .. how long would it take?
If you have sent your PP with covering letter with facts and also asked them to return PP on mentioned address in letter then you dont need to worry about anything else.