waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
maplegal86 said:
Find out who is the MP for your area in Canada. For example just google Brampton Ontario MP if you live in Brampton.

My husband called the office, and it has worked really well for us because we know the person who handles these cases now and he can just ask to be transferred to that person. They'll help you with whatever paperwork you may need to fill out.
I have the name now , who is the MP from my area, my question is since i dont know the person, how should i approach MP's office, ?

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
v_sys said:
I have the name now , who is the MP from my area, my question is since i dont know the person, how should i approach MP's office, ?
Call the office number that they provide on the MP's website (or your town's website) and explain your situation. They should put you through to the right person.

Actually my husband who's the sponsor and is in Canada has been dealing with this, but I know this is how he got in touch with the MP's office.

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
v_sys said:
HS123 / Mapleval86,

can you please share with me how this MP thing work,. I mean how do i process to take MP's help to do a followup... I have sponsored my wife , our file has reached NDVO on 5 oct, 2012, and yet there is not even a PPR or any letter for anything ....

Thx
The sponsor would have to contact the MP. You can find out the MP of your area by entering your postal code in the following website:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Once you find your MP, then call the MP office and tell them that you would like to get a status update on the sponsorship application... and that you have not heard from ND visa office...

you need to write one simple email with requesting your MP to contact cic on your behalf. write about your situation.. something like

" my name is............and im a constituent in your area and my spouse is a Indian citizen. i am sponsoring my spouse and requesting your help regarding getting information of my spousal sponsorship application status. we sent our application to mississauga on.............and our application was transferred to New Delhi VO for his/her PR processing. we didnt hear anything from ND VO and getting worried because all applicants who applied during same time got approval already. i have attached my consent form with email to authorize you to contact CIC on my behalf.

yes you need to provide all details about sponsor and applicant as well.
sponsor's details-
name-
UCI-
date of birth-
applicant's details
name -
UCI-
file number-
date of birth-

link for consent form is
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
, you need to print this form and fill question no. 1-4 and 7 for sponsor and leave 5 and 6 blank.
for question 7, sponsor is supposed to sign that box because sponsor is applicant here
best of luck

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
HS123 said:
The sponsor would have to contact the MP. You can find out the MP of your area by entering your postal code in the following website:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Once you find your MP, then call the MP office and tell them that you would like to get a status update on the sponsorship application... and that you have not heard from ND visa office...

you need to write one simple email with requesting your MP to contact cic on your behalf. write about your situation.. something like

" my name is............and im a constituent in your area and my spouse is a Indian citizen. i am sponsoring my spouse and requesting your help regarding getting information of my spousal sponsorship application status. we sent our application to mississauga on.............and our application was transferred to New Delhi VO for his/her PR processing. we didnt hear anything from ND VO and getting worried because all applicants who applied during same time got approval already. i have attached my consent form with email to authorize you to contact CIC on my behalf.

sponsor's details-
name-
UCI-
date of birth-
applicant's details
name -
UCI-
file number-
date of birth-

link for consent form is
, you need to print this form and fill question no. 1-4 and 7 for sponsor and leave 5 and 6 blank.
for question 7, sponsor is supposed to sign that box because sponsor is applicant here
best of luck
Thanks for such a detailed instruction.. Let me start working on it... Thanks

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I also want to add here that please don't worry about the PPR , see my timeline , I got the PPR way beyond the expected date ..... I was also worried like all of you guys who has not received the PPR yet but getting worried is not going to change anything ,, just be positive sooner or later every1 is going to get the visa .. God bless us all !!!!

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
HS123 said:

sponsor's details-
name-
UCI-
date of birth-
applicant's details
name -
UCI-
file number-
date of birth-

link for consent form is
best of luck
Excellent description ----- +1 for that

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
maplegal86 said:
Yeah, I'll definitely do that.

But my problem is more that I don't live in India, so most of my stuff is overseas. Which means I'll have to fly to my home country and then from there to Canada.

Seems like tension never ends huh?

Haha! ;D
ummmm well you could have it shipped to you... when you land your forms can contain the list with all those things as well... That could work :)

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
muksi said:
I was just going through spreadsheet of 2011 and was looking for number of DM's in each month. Found some similarities to our 2012 spreadsheet for month of Feb and March. I was looking at only the below months

2011 - Spreasheet

February around 10 DM's
March only 4 to 5
April only 4 to 5
May 10 or more DM's
June 10 or more
July 10 or more

2012 - Spreasheet

Feb - around 30 or more DM's
March - around 5
April - ??

March for sure seems to be a dull month for DM's and hope this April is different from last year's. From May it seems to pickup again.
I did this for just time pass and fun, so dont take it very seriously ;)
It's good to know that I'm not the only one going crazy trying to find a link between the various cases/year

FYI last year the NDVO site stated that the average time it took to process 80% of the cases was 6 months (in contrast to 9/10 months for us) So they have slowed down significantly.. :(

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
anurkk said:
It is time for mid year inputs on relationship with CIC !!!!!!!!!!

-Once you apply for PR ,make arrangements for not stopping your relation for this reason and ready to face the worst(what if the processing go beyond one year) .eg: Spouse can make arrangements like work from india .I understand it is not feasible with everyone, it is a suggestion ;)

-Formula is 1 or 0.Until you get PP back with COPR consider nothing is done 8)

-Keep checking your emails and save CHC phone number(CHC updates any major changes in your application through calls or emails) :)

-Forget about the application once you submit the application with 100% accurate application forms and supporting. ;)

-Blood pressure may shoot to max of life time find ways to ctrl it ;D
On the contrary the sponsor must be living in Canada when he/she is sponsoring his/her partner... So the option of them working in your home country is not possible... At best what they can do is accumulate leave and take a nice long holiday!

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
Awesome explanation HS123! +1 for that :D

I would also like to add that every one of us here is equally worried and desperate but one must not resort to continuous bombardment with MP enquiries and case specific emails.. These VO's have the sole discretion on what happens with our case... If they get annoyed with our constant communication OR if they feel we are putting unnecessary pressure on them they will just get irritated and probably push our case aside for a while or something like that... We must be a little patient and have a LOT of faith....

I'm saying this because I know for a fact that VOs in general are capable of harassing clients if they think they are being pushed into a corner by a client...
I know how crazy it is for ALL of us... But I'm just saying that it is important for us to be a little patient... In the larger scheme of things- our entire life ahead with our partner, these months with the agonising wait will fade away into nothingness :)

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
zenn said:
Awesome explanation HS123! +1 for that :D

I would also like to add that every one of us here is equally worried and desperate but one must not resort to continuous bombardment with MP enquiries and case specific emails.. These VO's have the sole discretion on what happens with our case... If they get annoyed with our constant communication OR if they feel we are putting unnecessary pressure on them they will just get irritated and probably push our case aside for a while or something like that... We must be a little patient and have a LOT of faith....

I'm saying this because I know for a fact that VOs in general are capable of harassing clients if they think they are being pushed into a corner by a client...
I know how crazy it is for ALL of us... But I'm just saying that it is important for us to be a little patient... In the larger scheme of things- our entire life ahead with our partner, these months with the agonising wait will fade away into nothingness :)
Totally agree with you.

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
what was your time line, your story and supporting documents ?

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Hey everyone,

I found this link on another thread here on the forum:
http://www.deborahswallow.com/2010/05/15/the-classic-5-stage-culture-shock-model/

It's about the 5 stages of culture shock. It will be good to know have these points in mind when we move to Canada and for those who are waiting for spouses to come over, it will help you to get them through the transition period.

Hope the coming week brings us some good news!

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
maplegal86 said:
Hey everyone,

I found this link on another thread here on the forum:
http://www.deborahswallow.com/2010/05/15/the-classic-5-stage-culture-shock-model/

It's about the 5 stages of culture shock. It will be good to know have these points in mind when we move to Canada and for those who are waiting for spouses to come over, it will help you to get them through the transition period.

Hope the coming week brings us some good news!
Thanks maplegal86, i hope the same for all !

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
That article is spot on :p

I can give all of you one important suggestion- learn to drive!! If you don't already know how to, learn ASAP and get your local license... That way you don't have to spend tons of money learning there. Instead, just a couple of classes to get used to the rules + different side of the road driving will suffice... It will also help you immensely to get mobile sooner... get your G1 (learners license-written exam) and then get your G2/G. (G=full license, G2=is the level between G1 and G- you must pass a driving test to go from G1 to G2 and then from G2 to G)

If you already have an Indian license that is atleast one year old then you can self declare 1 year experience and apply for the G2 straight away after passing the G1.. Once you pass the driving test and get your G2 you will be allowed to drive thereby making the city you move to a LOT more accessible!

If your Indian licence is more than 3 years old then you have 1 chance to apply for the G (full) license drive test directly. For this, you need to get a driving license extract from your local RTO and when you go to Canada, give this document (plus a copy of your Indin license) to the MTO (the equivalent of the RTO). They will then allow you to give the G test directly after passes the G1. IF you clear the driving test you get a full license; if you fail it you must apply for the G2 (without a waiting period).
The MTO website says you need a letter from your RTO giving proof that you've been driving etc but in m experience (since you cant get that from the RTO), the extract works perfectly well..

These rules apply for Ontario for sure as this is what I did and I got my G license in the 6 months I was there in Canada after my wedding... I'm sure the rules for most states are similar.