+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Citizenship Bill Thursday Feb 6th

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
u4g5 said:
no more discussion this week in parliament which will be taken a 2 week break. Thus it wont be moving to committee for further study until april. That alone can take another 2 months, so pretty sure anyone who apply after sep 2014 will have a fair chance to be considered under the current legislation. Broad prediction is that the bill will be formerly in full force at the end of this year, which should be in between oct to nov.
The opposition wont be fighting hard on this bill so thus no further delay is expected, unlike what we are seeing about the election bill.
Where can someone find this:
" Broad prediction is that the bill will be formerly in full force at the end of this year, which should be in between oct to nov. "

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
sthaeem said:
Where can someone find this:
" Broad prediction is that the bill will be formerly in full force at the end of this year, which should be in between oct to nov. "
No where.

This is when the Government expects the bill to become law. It is anybody's guess if this will be the case or not

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
In any case, in 2015 it is more than likely that the new rules (whatever their final form is after C-24 goes through all the debate) will take effect.

And if a different party comes into power, things may likely change in the way CIC does things. But, not sure how soon they can "undo" the new Citizenship Act which will be in effect by then. The current act was last revised in 1977..so you can imagine...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will post it final version of law here:
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/gazette/home-accueil-eng.php

but yes, assume it passes all legislative steps, then it will be officially in effect

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi u4g5

You are absolutely WRONG :D. I know it for sure (100%) that it will not become active in 2014. People who are applying in 2014 you can have my words on it, RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

Cheers.
u4g5 said:
no more discussion this week in parliament which will be taken a 2 week break. Thus it wont be moving to committee for further study until april. That alone can take another 2 months, so pretty sure anyone who apply after sep 2014 will have a fair chance to be considered under the current legislation. Broad prediction is that the bill will be formerly in full force at the end of this year, which should be in between oct to nov.
The opposition wont be fighting hard on this bill so thus no further delay is expected, unlike what we are seeing about the election bill.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hi u4g5

You are absolutely WRONG :D. I know it for sure (100%) that it will not become active in 2014. People who are applying in 2014 you can have my words on it, RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

Cheers.
the bet is ON

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
om saif said:
i think you see what you want to see only. come back old to abuse the system is not my dream. i refused to abuse the system now by being on the social service, then i would not do later. please read what i have written carefully. many of my friends' family are in two places, the wife and kids live in Canada and attend the Canadian schools while the husband is working as a doctor in other countries and send money to afford their kids life. now, you want us to continue living in a separate family and destroy our kids or simply leave. we came with a lot of promises and found something else and you still want to blame us. if we say that it is legal to leave now or later as any original Canadian, you start saying that we get the passport forConvenience.
why you want to classify us in two classes or levels. original Canadian and immigrants. the original has the right to live all their life outside but immigrants noooooo. do not you know that it is a kind of discrimination. if you believe in Canada and its freedom why you say that. why you do you want us to stay while Canada gave us the freedom to leave? it is really weird. why not to move? because it is our business not yours to stay or move as long as it is legal. because we know what is convenient to us. because not you or anybody else will cover our moving to another country. because we love to live in Canada and we want it but we have catch 22 plan. we need to reassess our life. get enough cash to stay for good. to come back while our kids are going to university and can afford their life and depend on their own.

again if you have a job, do not judge other. doctors will not clean the floors to afford their life living in Canada. and, as long as every thing we are doing is legal, nobody has the right to say anything and accuse us that we came to have passport for convenience.

you are totally right

Sam101Sam

Feb 7, 2014
Citizenship Application Received: Sep 9, 2013
In Process: Jan 10, 2014
*Urgent Request based on Employment Reasons Processed on March 6th, 2014
All Background Checks Requested on March 6th, 2014:
- CSIS Clearance: Pending
- Security Clearance: Pending
- FOSS Clearance: Passed Mar 6, 2014
- Immigrantion Clearance: Passed Mar 6, 2014
- RCMP Clearance: Passed Mar 21, 2014
- Criminal Clearance: Passed Mar 21, 2014

File transferred to local office: Mar 20, 2014.

Notes:
*In-Process should have been started on Nov 12, 2013; delayed until Jan 7, 2014 due to payment error by CIC.
*Urgent Request was received on Feb 27, 2014, but they lost/misplaced/ignored the envelope. Another request was faxed on Mar 7, 2014 after CIC officer called me on Mar 6, 2014
*PR Card issued within 3 months before application date. My supporting ID was issued 5 weeks after application date. Considering the Urgent Processing of my application, I hope the ID issue won't trigger/require RQ when application is reviewed by Local Office.

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
Any update for the bill

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
committee meeting on apr 28, Minister will testify, thats it

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
committee meeting on apr 28, Minister will testify, thats it
That's not just it. The committee will discuss the bill and hear the witnesses for 2 weeks starting from April, 28 and Minister testimony.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
sashali78 said:
That's not just it. The committee will discuss the bill and hear the witnesses for 2 weeks starting from April, 28 and Minister testimony.
sashali78,

I am just kind of confused now. Are these meeting considered to be committee study of C-24 bill that happens after second reading? But the bill shows that it is still at second reading.

Will the bill go to second reading after these meetings and again go to the committee for detailed review? since you guys have been contacted what do you know about this? and how will these meetings affect overall process of the bill?