Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
just a question out of topic... HOw is a day counted for citizenship? for example if I leave this Friday afternoon and came back on sunday afternoon.. Would Friday or sunday be counted as a physical presence or not?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
sinpguy said:
just a question out of topic... HOw is a day counted for citizenship? for example if I leave this Friday afternoon and came back on sunday afternoon.. Would Friday or sunday be counted as a physical presence or not?
A day is counted as any day that your were physically present in Canada for any part of the day. So in the situation your describe above, Friday and Sunday can be counted as days of physical presence while Saturday cannot be counted.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
wrong Bubba !

For purposes of PR, only Saturday is an absence (1 day) but for Citizenship EITHER BOTH Saturday and Sunday or Friday and Saturday are absences (2 days).

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Thanks.. I know u r right.. do you mind just sending the link where it says that? I have been trying to find that last few days..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
wrong Bubba !

For purposes of PR, only Saturday is an absence (1 day) but for Citizenship EITHER BOTH Saturday and Sunday or Friday and Saturday are absences (2 days).
I do not know where you got all these information about saturday, sunday or friday lol but here is the generic response for such a query. see question number 4:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=35315012A118AEE3E22A6A48EB77F616?redir=faq#Q4

am i missing anything here?

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Thanks.. So according to that Friday to sundays trip.. I will get 2 days absence.. 1 day presence... Make sense?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
Thanks.. So according to that Friday to sundays trip.. I will get 2 days absence.. 1 day presence... Make sense?
yes.. absent on saturday and friday OR sunday... and present on Friday OR sunday. lol

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
of course if you are a doctor and can not work in your carrier your intention would be to leave after citizenship to any country where you can work as a doctor. each one of us has different situation and his own reasons to leave or stay. also, we have the freedom to leave as all the thousands of original Canadians who work and live outside Canada. Canada is the best place to live in if you find a job and can afford your life. in three years, my family has spent more than 180000$ while our income did not exceed 30000. we had a business and it did not work well. do you expect us to continue living without any income. if you have a secure job and can afford your family, please do not judge others who have nothing and spent all their saving in Canada . again, their were no obligation, except the three years of residence in Canada, in our immigration contract to live or leave. as nobody can ask any original Canadians why do they live and work outside Canada. nobody has the right to ask us why did we immigrate if we had a plan to leave after citizenship. leaving Canada is not a crime or something could embarrass any of us. i consider the embarrassing thing is to live inside Canada on the social services and abuse the system while you can work outside and afford your life.

txboyscout said:
The bolded part tells me that you are here for a passport of convineance. You prepared financial support for three years? Why, were your financial needs going to significantly reduce once you became a citizen? You probably have no intention of staying in Canada once you get your citizenship, so I am not going to cry a river over you having it more difficult ot obtain citizenship

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
txboyscout said:
The bolded part tells me that you are here for a passport of convineance. You prepared financial support for three years? Why, were your financial needs going to significantly reduce once you became a citizen? You probably have no intention of staying in Canada once you get your citizenship, so I am not going to cry a river over you having it more difficult ot obtain citizenship
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size] It seems that you live in an aother country!!!! You do not know about the problems of licens for doctors. If I just came for a passport I would not stay in Canada at all, or to pass their hunderd exams for the licnsure and pay tens of thousnads of money in these exams. I discovered for example last years that there are 7000 internationsl doctors in Ontario and they are not licensed to work. There are hundereds of doctors who passed all required exams and still they can not find a speciality program to accept them or any other type of work. This is a special problem concerning doctors. You know why my money would finish at time of citizenship, because I did not make any cheating or fraud to get Ontario work aid or help or to take any type of welfare. I try to keep myself away from these things as long as I have money and I can work and be productive. Why should I beg someone when I am capable to work and gain money from other places. When you loose around 180,000 $ in such a project of immigration to give to your children a better chance of life,it would not be easy decision to say OK because they changed the rules I have to find a work as superintendant or security guard or go back home and say Good bye Canada and my investment!!!. Or you have to apply for a government aid which wll never be enough for your basic needs. If i find a job in my profession or suitable for my experience and education I will never leave Canada.I think this is a problem for doctors especially and they will never understand it.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
om saif said:
of course if you are a doctor and can not work in your carrier your intention would be to leave after citizenship to any country where you can work as a doctor. each one of us has different situation and his own reasons to leave or stay. also, we have the freedom to leave as all the thousands of original Canadians who work and live outside Canada. Canada is the best place to live in if you find a job and can afford your life. in three years, my family has spent more than 180000$ while our income did not exceed 30000. we had a business and it did not work well. do you expect us to continue living without any income. if you have a secure job and can afford your family, please do not judge others who have nothing and spent all their saving in Canada . again, their were no obligation, except the three years of residence in Canada, in our immigration contract to live or leave. as nobody can ask any original Canadians why do they live and work outside Canada. nobody has the right to ask us why did we immigrate if we had a plan to leave after citizenship. leaving Canada is not a crime or something could embarrass any of us. i consider the embarrassing thing is to live inside Canada on the social services and abuse the system while you can work outside and afford your life.
You are telling everyone that you intend to leave Canada as soon as you get your citizenship. That is the classic definition of Passport of Convineance.

Yes, I understand that you cannot get a job in your field in Canada. So then why go for a Canadian Passport, just so you can come back when you are old and sick to sponge off the govt? Why not move somewhere where you can work in your field and get a passport there?>

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
surgi said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size] It seems that you live in an aother country!!!! You do not know about the problems of licens for doctors. If I just came for a passport I would not stay in Canada at all, or to pass their hunderd exams for the licnsure and pay tens of thousnads of money in these exams. I discovered for example last years that there are 7000 internationsl doctors in Ontario and they are not licensed to work. There are hundereds of doctors who passed all required exams and still they can not find a speciality program to accept them or any other type of work. This is a special problem concerning doctors. You know why my money would finish at time of citizenship, because I did not make any cheating or fraud to get Ontario work aid or help or to take any type of welfare. I try to keep myself away from these things as long as I have money and I can work and be productive. Why should I beg someone when I am capable to work and gain money from other places. When you loose around 180,000 $ in such a project of immigration to give to your children a better chance of life,it would not be easy decision to say OK because they changed the rules I have to find a work as superintendant or security guard or go back home and say Good bye Canada and my investment!!!. Or you have to apply for a government aid which wll never be enough for your basic needs. If i find a job in my profession or suitable for my experience and education I will never leave Canada.I think this is a problem for doctors especially and they will never understand it.
I understand that it is a costly proposition to get licensced in Canada to practise medicine. However, if you are not willing to do this-why stay? Why not go to a country where you can work as in your field and try to get a passport there?

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
txboyscout said:
I understand that it is a costly proposition to get licensced in Canada to practise medicine. However, if you are not willing to do this-why stay? Why not go to a country where you can work as in your field and try to get a passport there?
Because I am graduated from an european country and Medical authorities in Canada gave us false informtion about working and living in Canada before we immigrate. When we came we found things are very different,and even they changed some of the rules based on which we chosed this country for immigration after our arrival. My children joined schools and would not like to leave Canada. It is not easy as you imagine to change from country to country .It is not like moving from a house to another. Why should you pay all the time for those politicians who are keeping to change rules midstream on you? Just take a look on these videos you will understand what is wrong there!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ-dVa0GJ_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4b8Dl5STo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FewZR89FQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dr4XRs889I

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
txboyscout said:
You are telling everyone that you intend to leave Canada as soon as you get your citizenship. That is the classic definition of Passport of Convineance.

Yes, I understand that you cannot get a job in your field in Canada. So then why go for a Canadian Passport, just so you can come back when you are old and sick to sponge off the govt? Why not move somewhere where you can work in your field and get a passport there?>
Also you did not read my comment very well. I intend to work and stay in Canada. The problem is that they do not allow you to practice in your profession except after you complete their requirments which are costly and difficult. Second thing it takes years to fullfil all requirements ,during which you are away from practice if you stay in Canada . When you finish your exams they will never give you a license!! as you were away from practice.!!!! so all doctors have to go back to their country or any other country where they can practice for somtime only to fullfil again their requirements!!!! and then come back to Canada to work as doctors if they find a job. This called catch 22!!! just search for this word and you will understand!!!!! You know as a doctor I am not the one who will spong off the Canadian economy!!! when I am old I would have enough money If I work anywhere else. But for your children it is somethig else . If I work in Canada and fill the gap of doctors shortage I am helping the Canadian economy and people. If I get something after my retirement I will get what I deserve . This way of thinking is exactly what I said to feed the cannible mind of xenophobes!!!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you see what you want to see only. come back old to abuse the system is not my dream. i refused to abuse the system now by being on the social service, then i would not do later. please read what i have written carefully. many of my friends' family are in two places, the wife and kids live in Canada and attend the Canadian schools while the husband is working as a doctor in other countries and send money to afford their kids life. now, you want us to continue living in a separate family and destroy our kids or simply leave. we came with a lot of promises and found something else and you still want to blame us. if we say that it is legal to leave now or later as any original Canadian, you start saying that we get the passport forConvenience.
why you want to classify us in two classes or levels. original Canadian and immigrants. the original has the right to live all their life outside but immigrants noooooo. do not you know that it is a kind of discrimination. if you believe in Canada and its freedom why you say that. why you do you want us to stay while Canada gave us the freedom to leave? it is really weird. why not to move? because it is our business not yours to stay or move as long as it is legal. because we know what is convenient to us. because not you or anybody else will cover our moving to another country. because we love to live in Canada and we want it but we have catch 22 plan. we need to reassess our life. get enough cash to stay for good. to come back while our kids are going to university and can afford their life and depend on their own.

again if you have a job, do not judge other. doctors will not clean the floors to afford their life living in Canada. and, as long as every thing we are doing is legal, nobody has the right to say anything and accuse us that we came to have passport for convenience.

txboyscout said:

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no more discussion this week in parliament which will be taken a 2 week break. Thus it wont be moving to committee for further study until april. That alone can take another 2 months, so pretty sure anyone who apply after sep 2014 will have a fair chance to be considered under the current legislation. Broad prediction is that the bill will be formerly in full force at the end of this year, which should be in between oct to nov.
The opposition wont be fighting hard on this bill so thus no further delay is expected, unlike what we are seeing about the election bill.