+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Canadian PR and Nexus Card (Indian citizen with H1B)

Discussion in 'H-1B Holders in the U.S.' started by Madhur123, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Good Info!!!Thanks!!

2. Hi,
    I'm living in Canada on PR and travel once a month to US on H1B. Is it worth getting a Nexus?
    I moved to Canada 6 months ago and have lived in US for almost 4 years.
    Also, Did you go for interview to get Nexus or was it just an online application ?
    Thanks!

3. It's really a matter of personal choice. I think it's worth it. Yes- you will need to attend an interview.

4. Agree with scylla. Definitely worth it! You also get tsa-precheck/global entry as a added benefit. You will need to go for an interview

5. Any idea what kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Do I need any client letter or letter from employer as document proof?

6. FYI, I have a Nexus card but have never received TSA Pre in US. Yes, I enter my KTN and yes I travel with participating airline. You might get lucky, but TSA Pre is only for Nexus holders who are either
    1. US citizens.
    2. US Green card holders.
    3. Canadian citizens.

7. I have Canada PR received after soft landing. I am living in the US on H1B since last 6 years. However, My US visa is expired but have valid i94 for next two years. Am I eligible for Nexus card or do I need to get US visa stamp to apply for nexus card? when I tried to fill my application for nexus card. it is asking for US Visa number and expiry date. I am not able to enter the expiry date earlier than Today's date. I sent the email to CBP asking this question but they replied with standard content available over the website.

8. Yes, you need a valid Visa. Nexus card and AVR don't mix.

SAM09072019 likes this.