+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Brunswick PNP Information Session Dubai, UAE...Join Here

shivavb

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Does attending Job fair, can be considered as the connection to NB or we have to only attend express entey information session for connection to NB? Any advice

Reactions: Nkc2019

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hello guys, I just want to ask who among the attendees of Dubai job fair last February 12-14,2019 have already gained an ITA or job offer from employers?

Was there an information session conducted prior to the job fair?

Reactions: Nkc2019

dannietee

Apr 18, 2019
I received Invitation to attend Information session in Dakar Senegal. The challenge is that my NOC is not on NB OID lists i saw on line. Is it advisable to attend the session considering the cost of travelling from Nigeria to Senegal.

dannietee

Apr 18, 2019
I can't say for sure, but usually they have IT NOCs and Food Industry NOCs

This is what they had last time:

IT:

Information systems analysts and consultants (2171)
Computer network technician (2281)
Software engineers and designers (2173)
Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)

Accounting and Finance:
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (1311)
Financial and investment analysts (1112)

Management:

Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services (0013)
Restaurant and food service managers (0631)
Managers in health care (0311)
Retail sales supervisors (6211)

Administrative assistants (1241) or Executive assistants (1222)
Early childhood educators and assistants (4214)
Retail and wholesale buyers (6222) or Purchasing agents and officers (1225)
Human resources professionals (1121)
Translators, terminologists and interpreters (5125)
Cooks (6322)
I received Invitation to attend Information session in Dakar Senegal. The challenge is that my NOC is not on NB OID lists i saw on line. Is it advisable to attend the session considering the cost of travelling from Nigeria to Senegal.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Hi @dannietee

I've PM'd you :)
Please note: the list you quoted above was from last year. Currently NBPNP is only accepting EOIs from those already living and working in NB. They have yet to open the EOI submission for overseas candidates. However, they usually put up an updated In-Demand Occupation list when they do open it.

Also note: JOB FAIRS and INFORMATION SESSIONS are not the same.

As per NB website:
  1. Information Session: A provincial agent makes a presentation about living and working in New Brunswick and provides an overview of immigration pathways. The number of seats are limited.
  2. Job Fair: This is an employer-driven event where employers invite qualified candidates to meet with them to discuss specific job opportunities. This is not an open forum.

To attend an information session - currently there are no specific NOCs mentioned and you can register and hopefully get an invite (which you already have :))
To attend a Job Fair - you MUST have an NOC that is listed for that specific job fair, otherwise you will not be invited

dannietee

Apr 18, 2019
You are very correct. This is the first invitation whatsoever I am getting regarding the Canada immigration move since 2016 I've been on it. I've written IELTS 9 times and my wife is about to write her 7th. That is how much efforts we've put in to get the EE but we are stuck to CRS score of 432 at the moment. My concern is they usually emphasize the OID when the open for EOI of information session as a means of connection.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
You are very correct. This is the first invitation whatsoever I am getting regarding the Canada immigration move since 2016 I've been on it. I've written IELTS 9 times and my wife is about to write her 7th. That is how much efforts we've put in to get the EE but we are stuck to CRS score of 432 at the moment. My concern is they usually emphasize the OID when the open for EOI of information session as a means of connection.
Most of the sessions held last year for NBPNP did put an emphasis on specific NOCs. But I see that the information sessions this year, have not mentioned any specific NOCs... SO FAR. So I would say take advantage of that fact!! And attend the info session since you received the invite.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the CRS cut off score will be coming down anytime soon, so PNP is a good route to go. Specially if you have birthdays coming up in the next few months.

dannietee

Apr 18, 2019
Most of the sessions held last year for NBPNP did put an emphasis on specific NOCs. But I see that the information sessions this year, have not mentioned any specific NOCs... SO FAR. So I would say take advantage of that fact!! And attend the info session since you received the invite.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the CRS cut off score will be coming down anytime soon, so PNP is a good route to go. Specially if you have birthdays coming up in the next few months.
Thank you for this encouragement. I'll plan my trip to Dakar this weekend. Hopefully it'll pay off.
You are the only person that is giving a positive advice on this.

I am grateful.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Thank you for this encouragement. I'll plan my trip to Dakar this weekend. Hopefully it'll pay off.
You are the only person that is giving a positive advice on this.

I am grateful.
No problem! :)

We all have the Canadian Dream and this forum is all about helping each other achieve that dream.
And yes, while you do need to be realistic, why should you not be positive about the outcome and take full advantage of opportunities that comes your way to fulfill that dream?? This is an opportunity and you should grab it with both hands!

Good luck to you and your wife, and hopefully you will be experiencing the land of maple leaves soon! :D

Flgd

Apr 19, 2019
lagos
NOC Code......

Is it not an issue that the Dakar session will be done in French? Even though it was stated that some information would be provided in English. Can people who do not speak French also attend

dannietee

Apr 18, 2019
Is it not an issue that the Dakar session will be done in French? Even though it was stated that some information would be provided in English. Can people who do not speak French also attend
I speak a little french and a friend will attend also that speaks french very well.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
I do believe that the info sessions in Senegal and also Morocco and Portugal are specifically targeting the French speaking stream whatever the NOC (hence the lack of a list of NOCs mentioned for these sessions).

I am not sure if you can attend if you don't speak French. If they didn't specifically ask for proof of French speaking ability when you registered and/or when you get invited, I think you can but I cannot guarantee it.

Obviously though, it would be better for you if you speak and understand French since the session will be in French