+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New baby born after i got my Visa and COPR

Oct 15, 2018
I got my Visa and COPR last week.
Me and my wife are expecting our 2nd baby in first week of Nov 2018.
I raised an enquiry and intimated the same online to Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.
i got a reply asking me to submit my passport and COPR as i was planning to travel to canada in Jan 2019 which falls after the birth of my child.
Also they have asked me to submit following:
- New IMM0008 form.
- Additional family information forms.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport of your child

Now, do i have to submit passport and COPR immediately and rest of the docs after the childs birth or how?
Will the whole process start once again for all family members including mine?
Will my visa validity will increase? asking this because i have 3 months notice period to server in my present organisation and if the above process take more than months time from birth of child, and after i receive my new visa and then i resign the by the time my notice period gets over my visa validity will expire.

Please share details if someone has faced this situation before or have knowledge of the same.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I got my Visa and COPR last week.
Me and my wife are expecting our 2nd baby in first week of Nov 2018.
I raised an enquiry and intimated the same online to Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.
i got a reply asking me to submit my passport and COPR as i was planning to travel to canada in Jan 2019 which falls after the birth of my child.
Also they have asked me to submit following:
- New IMM0008 form.
- Additional family information forms.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport of your child

Now, do i have to submit passport and COPR immediately and rest of the docs after the childs birth or how?
Will the whole process start once again for all family members including mine?
Will my visa validity will increase? asking this because i have 3 months notice period to server in my present organisation and if the above process take more than months time from birth of child, and after i receive my new visa and then i resign the by the time my notice period gets over my visa validity will expire.

Please share details if someone has faced this situation before or have knowledge of the same.
You should submit everything AFTER the child is born. Until the child is actually born, there is no change in the application status.

It will add to the processing time for the application as a whole but they will not reprocess the applicants that have been done already.

How long it will take and whether new medical examinations will be requested, I cannot say.

Oct 15, 2018
You should submit everything AFTER the child is born. Until the child is actually born, there is no change in the application status.

It will add to the processing time for the application as a whole but they will not reprocess the applicants that have been done already.

How long it will take and whether new medical examinations will be requested, I cannot say.
Thnx for your reply. Any idea they will increase the expiry date of VISA/COPR?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thnx for your reply. Any idea they will increase the expiry date of VISA/COPR?
It totally depends on your (and your dependents) medical dates. The VO has the option to request an extension of the medical examination results but if this is not possible, you will either have no extension of the COPR expiry date or you may be required to retake the medical examination.

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Hello all,

I have a similar issue

I have applied for express entry online with my spouse as dependent. Received ITA on February 7, 2018. Submitted my Application on April 30, 2018. Received Visa with Passport on September 5, 2018.

My visa was processed in Singapore Visa Office.

On September 30, 2018, we had a baby. On October 11, 2018 raised a CSE through IRCC Webform regarding guidance & instruction to include the baby in the application to Singapore Visa Office.

In the mean time, I have collected the Birth Certificate and applied for my baby's passport and is in process. Will receive it by tomorrow. I have also paid the advance payment of CAD150.00

However, it has been 27 days since I raised the CSE and I still did not get any response from the Visa Office. What to do now?

I have gone through several threads in the forum and some say i have taken the right approach. Then there are other approaches.

I also have a confusion regarding imm0008 form. Which imm0008 form should filled.
Is it IMM0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada - November 2018? or
Is it IMM0008 Dep - Additional Dependents/Declaration - November 2018?

Please advice.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I have a similar issue

I have applied for express entry online with my spouse as dependent. Received ITA on February 7, 2018. Submitted my Application on April 30, 2018. Received Visa with Passport on September 5, 2018.

On September 30, 2018, we had a baby. On October 11, 2018 raised a CSE through IRCC Webform regarding guidance & instruction to include the baby in the application to Singapore Visa Office.

In the mean time, I have collected the Birth Certificate and applied for my baby's passport and is in process. Will receive it by tomorrow. I have also paid the advance payment of CAD150.00

However, it has been 27 days since I raised the CSE and I still did not get any response from the Visa Office. What to do now?

I have gone through several threads in the forum and some say i have taken the right approach. Then there are other approaches.

I also have a confusion regarding imm0008 form. Which imm0008 form should filled.

Please advice.
I've done this successfully for my brother, who has PR and completed landing formalities now... So I know what I'm talking about lol

This is what I did
1 - write a cover letter explaining that you had a child and you're adding them to the application.
2 - Fill IMM0008 Dep - Additional Dependents/Declaration form.... I had both my bro and his wife sign it individually.
3 - attached receipt of payment of additional dependent... which is the $150 payment you made.. (You need to attach receipt, otherwise they will not know that you made the payment... and receipt has a barcode on it)
4 - attach birth certificate
5 - attach baby's passport copy
6 - attach baby's passed medical... yes - baby's medical needs to be added also... they do very basic things, dont even do blood test actually.
7 - attach updated PoF for the additional dependent... a lot of people forget this, but you need to show that you have enough updated funds to support another baby.

You raise a CSE attaching all the above documents... after that - you wait... wait till they add your child to your application on the EE portal...

Usually takes arounda month, sometimes longer... so keep checking the portal daily.

If you have any further questions, inbox me - i dont spend much time on the forum anymore.

good luck.

Reactions: Vank1628

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
I've done this successfully for my brother, who has PR and completed landing formalities now... So I know what I'm talking about lol

This is what I did
1 - write a cover letter explaining that you had a child and you're adding them to the application.
2 - Fill IMM0008 Dep - Additional Dependents/Declaration form.... I had both my bro and his wife sign it individually.
3 - attached receipt of payment of additional dependent... which is the $150 payment you made.. (You need to attach receipt, otherwise they will not know that you made the payment... and receipt has a barcode on it)
4 - attach birth certificate
5 - attach baby's passport copy
6 - attach baby's passed medical... yes - baby's medical needs to be added also... they do very basic things, dont even do blood test actually.
7 - attach updated PoF for the additional dependent... a lot of people forget this, but you need to show that you have enough updated funds to support another baby.

You raise a CSE attaching all the above documents... after that - you wait... wait till they add your child to your application on the EE portal...

Usually takes arounda month, sometimes longer... so keep checking the portal daily.

If you have any further questions, inbox me - i dont spend much time on the forum anymore.

good luck.
Hello thestunnner
Congrats on the new born!
I wanted to know:
1) how did you do the E-medical before CIC requested it - they usually send a medical request which you show to the Doctor?
2) Also when you paid the $150, which did you select:
- Sponsor a dependent child
of
- Include any dependent child
Thanks in advance!

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Dear Jim Shady,

Q1: For E-medical, you do not need to wait for a request from CIC. You simply go to one of the panel doctors and complete the medical. You just have to upload the information sheet they provide you when uploading all the documents through IRCC web for or mail your respective via processing office.

Q2: Include any dependent child.

Regards

Reactions: jimshady

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Dear Jim Shady,

Q1: For E-medical, you do not need to wait for a request from CIC. You simply go to one of the panel doctors and complete the medical. You just have to upload the information sheet they provide you when uploading all the documents through IRCC web for or mail your respective via processing office.

Q2: Include any dependent child.

Regards
Thankyou very much Tantanitaj

XGJS

Oct 6, 2019
Hello all,

I have a similar issue

Please advice.
Hello TanTaniTaj,

I hope everything has been processed through by now! Could you please help let me know how long it takes for the baby to be added?

I will be in similar situation and I am worried that the application cannot be processed before the expiry date of the COPR (visa with passport) - or do you know if the COPR will be reissued in this case?

Many thanks in advance!

XG

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello TanTaniTaj,

I hope everything has been processed through by now! Could you please help let me know how long it takes for the baby to be added?

I will be in similar situation and I am worried that the application cannot be processed before the expiry date of the COPR (visa with passport) - or do you know if the COPR will be reissued in this case?

Many thanks in advance!

XG
It generally takes 3-4 months to add a dependent. Yes - the COPR will be reissued.

XGJS

Oct 6, 2019
It generally takes 3-4 months to add a dependent. Yes - the COPR will be reissued.
Hello Scylla

Thank you very much for your quick reply! Since the expiry of COPR / visa is normally tied to the medical check (expiry is normally 1 year after medical check), if by the time the dependent child is added but it is beyond the medical check valid date, do I just need to redo the medical again to get a valid COPR? Just wanted to make sure not the entire application needs to be redone

Many thanks!

XG

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Scylla

Thank you very much for your quick reply! Since the expiry of COPR / visa is normally tied to the medical check (expiry is normally 1 year after medical check), if by the time the dependent child is added but it is beyond the medical check valid date, do I just need to redo the medical again to get a valid COPR? Just wanted to make sure not the entire application needs to be redone

Many thanks!

XG
IRCC will either extend the medical or request a new one.

TanTaniTaj

Oct 22, 2018
Hello,

I have added my child in the application. Submitted All of our passports including mine, my spouse's and my child's for reissuing Visa. I have received the PR Cards and right now I am in Canada

This is What I have done:
I have raised a CSE via IRCC Web form to Singapore Visa Office (my country's Visa Processing Office) on October 12, 2018 requesting instruction and guidance to add the new born child in the application. But I have not gotten a reply from them.

While waiting for the reply, I have collected the baby’s birth certificate, passport, paid the fee of $150CAD to include a dependent child, completed the upfront medical for the child, filled up the IMM0008 DEP form, IMM5406e form (both my spouse & I), updated Proof of Means of Financial Support.

Once I have every documents ready I have sent an email to "Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" on November 11, 2018 and at the same time I have also raised a CSE via IRCC Web form to Singapore Visa describing my situation and attaching all the documents. The Documents are listed below:

1. Official Receipt of $150 CAD payment to include a dependent child
2. New Child - Birth Certificate
3. New Child – Passport
4. New Child's - Proof of Medical Exam
5. New Child's – IMM0008 DEP
6. My – IMM5406e
7. My Spouse's – IMM5406e
8. Updated Proof of Means of Financial Support
9. New Child's – Digital Photo

After around 3 weeks they included my child's name in the application. However, Only Name was included, none of the documents I attached with the mail or Web form were showing like it shows in our case.

On December 19, 2018 they requested all 3 passports of ours. After submitting them to VFS on December 20, 2018 on January 15, 2019 We got back our passport. Our initial Visa Deadline was April 29, 2019. After reissuing visa the deadline didn't change. All 3 of our Visa Deadline was April 29, 2019. Late February we went to Canada for soft landing. On April 5, 2019 we received our PR cards at hand.

Hopefully my experience will cover all of your questions.

Do not worry about the process or delay. Wish you all the best. You can post here for further query.

Regards