+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never Ever Give Up - Got student visa after 6.5 years of study Gap

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hello Friends,

Is it possible to get study permit at the age of 33 years with almost 7 years of work experience. I did my master in 2011, prior to my master I did my diploma in 2003, post my diploma in mechanical engineering I worked for almost two years on cash payment basis. In 2005 I started by bachelors in mechanical engg. which need to be completed in 2008 but it got completed in 2009. My master in Mechanical Engg. is also regular.
My Ielts score S:7, R:7, L:8, W:6.5 Over all: 7

And one consultant is offering me Thompson rivers university offer letter and other offers me the Lambton college Ontario province....... which one is better in between these two to choose.

Thanks in advance for your valuable answers. Kindly guide me
Go for TRU!

Jun 6, 2018
Hello Friends,

Big thanks to all of you, your continuous support and guidance fuel my energy and make me believe that I can also do, whatever my mind says.

I have been visited so many consultants, all say NO. I have more than 6.5 years of working experience and I wish to apply for a student visa, so even I also think that this would be a negative point for me. But I want to take chance, so I appeared for the visa and got successfully in just 20 days.

Life sometimes not in our hand, we just need to do whatever the god suggest us to do. if we listen to people's opinion, might bring us back but our self-confident may take us up.

Believe me, there is no system like study gap for Canada visa. There are many forum members got visas even after 17 years so whoever tells you that the study gap matter is like a bullshit.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding to the visa or study gap, I will do my best to guide all my current and future fellow members.

May all guys wishes come true.
Hello Friends,

Big thanks to all of you, your continuous support and guidance fuel my energy and make me believe that I can also do, whatever my mind says.

I have been visited so many consultants, all say NO. I have more than 6.5 years of working experience and I wish to apply for a student visa, so even I also think that this would be a negative point for me. But I want to take chance, so I appeared for the visa and got successfully in just 20 days.

Life sometimes not in our hand, we just need to do whatever the god suggest us to do. if we listen to people's opinion, might bring us back but our self-confident may take us up.

Believe me, there is no system like study gap for Canada visa. There are many forum members got visas even after 17 years so whoever tells you that the study gap matter is like a bullshit.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding to the visa or study gap, I will do my best to guide all my current and future fellow members.

May all guys wishes come true.

Jun 6, 2018
Hi ketan,

Plzz guide me too as I have applied for May but got rejection; reasons missing marksheet, previous studies and tieup in canada.. Plzz help me out ..

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hello Friends,

Is it possible to get study permit at the age of 33 years with almost 7 years of work experience. I did my master in 2011, prior to my master I did my diploma in 2003, post my diploma in mechanical engineering I worked for almost two years on cash payment basis. In 2005 I started by bachelors in mechanical engg. which need to be completed in 2008 but it got completed in 2009. My master in Mechanical Engg. is also regular.
My Ielts score S:7, R:7, L:8, W:6.5 Over all: 7

And one consultant is offering me Thompson rivers university offer letter and other offers me the Lambton college Ontario province....... which one is better in between these two to choose.

Thanks in advance for your valuable answers. Kindly guide me
Hi Ankit,

Sent you a message. can you please reply

Feb 14, 2019
Gaps is no longer a much of a big deal in SP application as long as you can justify the reasons for the gap. Many people has gotten SP with a 5-10yrs gap, simply prepare a delicious SOP that is really good and convincing
Hi Johnsnow

Your reply gives confidence for me to apply for student permit, my case is even worst than all above on this thread , i have +2 education and my primary intention is to move to Canad , i have 15 years study gap as i have been working all these years , the best way for me to increase the CRS score is to do a 2 year Diploma in Canada itself and get 3 year work permit , i have no clue whether there will be any college will give me admission !, but still i want to give a try with all possibility ,
I am working in IT all these years, i can provide all the supporting documents , bank statements and payslips etc to prove it. now my question is since my primary intention is to move to Canada but lack of qualification keeps me away from getting PR thru Express Entry so to improve this situation i am doing diploma , so if i tell this true reason straight away on SOP ?
or should i make false claims that i want to improve the qualification and this will help me in the future bla bla.. ?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi Johnsnow

Your reply gives confidence for me to apply for student permit, my case is even worst than all above on this thread , i have +2 education and my primary intention is to move to Canad , i have 15 years study gap as i have been working all these years , the best way for me to increase the CRS score is to do a 2 year Diploma in Canada itself and get 3 year work permit , i have no clue whether there will be any college will give me admission !, but still i want to give a try with all possibility ,
I am working in IT all these years, i can provide all the supporting documents , bank statements and payslips etc to prove it. now my question is since my primary intention is to move to Canada but lack of qualification keeps me away from getting PR thru Express Entry so to improve this situation i am doing diploma , so if i tell this true reason straight away on SOP ?
or should i make false claims that i want to improve the qualification and this will help me in the future bla bla.. ?
Hello,

I feel relished that you found a solace of encouragement in my nutmegs. You should want to know that why considering to improve your CRS via a Canadian education, other factors amongst which is your age is another important factor, howbeit your work experience speaks an invaluable merits.

You should make a decision of whether opting for an EE or SP which would be of better preference of having a dual intent. If you decide to opt for a SP, it advisable not to mention any contradictory statements or facts that would complicate the authenticity of your application. When addressing issues on your SOP, stay clear off mention any intent to work or acquire any work experience after studies. All focus should be based on studies and its relevant significance to your progression in the present and future.

BTW you shouldn't consider doing a Diploma after a Bachelor that isn't a progression except only on the bases of been able to convincingly explain to the VO why a Diploma and not other upgraded program, if not its a NO NO.

NB: I can't advisable you on presenting a false claim but if you read between the lines of my words, you might find it useful.

Reactions: shabeershah2002

sap379

Jul 24, 2019
Hi,
I have 6 year gap in my 10+2 and Bachelors and I wish to go for PGDIM in Canada. My Bachelors will complete in July 2022 and I wish to apply for the September 2022 intake. Can my VISA get rejected due to the gap? I’m also planning to go for a GRE.

Jul 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have done my bachelors in mechanical engineering with 63% in april 2016. and started working in april 2018 to current time . i want to apply for a study permit please suggest me how i can submit my file. what are possibilities of getting visa?? I really need your help

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
For those who are applying for student visa with spouse working permit and dependent child, is it possible that the spouse and dependent child got approved, but not the student permit?