+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions/advice from seniors..please its urgent

pk

May 8, 2013
Hello Seniors,

Since last one year I was waiting for this new FSW, fortunately my occupation is listed, done with IELTS, was ready to send for WES but in meanwhile certain things have arisen from nowhere in life which has jeopardized the decision of filing the application.
My wife will be getting EU passport in next one or one and half year, hence she is not willing or showing interest in Canada FSW program.
At the same time there are chances of me getting PhD with scholarship from one of the best country, so, this has put us in dilemma.
During the process of EU PP some finance is required for the documentation, etc. Hence, my wife is suggesting let us try for one which is better for our prospective life.
I am really confused this has lead for arguments, counter arguments, I need advice or suggestions so that I can come out of this dilemma and concentrate on one thing.

Looking for your supportive replies, please I kindly request to reply and provide the precious advice and suggestions
Thanks in Advance,

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk said:
Hello Seniors,

Since last one year I was waiting for this new FSW, fortunately my occupation is listed, done with IELTS, was ready to send for WES but in meanwhile certain things have arisen from nowhere in life which has jeopardized the decision of filing the application.
My wife will be getting EU passport in next one or one and half year, hence she is not willing or showing interest in Canada FSW program.
At the same time there are chances of me getting PhD with scholarship from one of the best country, so, this has put us in dilemma.
During the process of EU PP some finance is required for the documentation, etc. Hence, my wife is suggesting let us try for one which is better for our prospective life.
I am really confused this has lead for arguments, counter arguments, I need advice or suggestions so that I can come out of this dilemma and concentrate on one thing.

Looking for your supportive replies, please I kindly request to reply and provide the precious advice and suggestions
Thanks in Advance,
Tough situation eh !

1. Can you apply for both....Canadian PR and EU? You can apply for the Canadian PR only till the 300 cap is not filled. The more you delay submitting your application the more are the chances of failure.

2. Once you apply for PR, you just have to wait. CIC predicts atleast one year or less for the completion of the PR process.

3. Now here is the tricky part...... : If you take the opportunity of doing your Ph.D in any other country other than Canada then you might be in trouble. Once you become a PR (complete landing formalities), you need to fulfil "PR obligations" in order to maintain your PR status. You must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.

The choice is yours.....

Mitali