+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information for TRV which i would be applying soon

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Hi All,

I will be applying for TRV next month from India. I will explain my whole profile below and would require to know if I would get Visa or not or what other things should i include to make my application a better one.

1. I am single with 24 years of age.
2. I am working as Software Engineer in the same company from past 2 year and 8 months.
3. I have traveled previously to Singapore and Thailand.
4. I am planning to travel to Canada in August 2019 with approx. 16 days of stay.
5. My cousin sister and brother in law are inviting me to Canad for Vacation purpose.. Both my cousin and brother in law have permanent residency of Canada. My brother in law is working in Canada and will be providing his all the payslips. I will staying with them for the whole duration and they will taking care of my lodging and food expenses. I will be taking care of my expenses for airfare and all miscellaneous expenses apart from lodging and food..
6. I will be travelling alone. My father has his Business while my mother is a housewife and my brother is a final year student. We have our own home in my hometown.

Documents i will be providing:
Complete visa form, family form,photos, confirmed return flight tickets, invitation letter with pay slips for brother in law, employment letter from company with my leaves granted, no objection certificate from company, letter of professional commitment from my manager related to my presence in office for some important project post my travel completion, pay slips for 6 months, Income Tax Return for past 2 years, bank statement for 6 months,fixed deposits, mutual funds i have in my name, shares i have in my name, provident fund, pension funds, bank draft with each months average balance, credit card statement( as I hive high credit score).
I currently don't have any property on my name.
I am currently staying at rented apartment with my friends, so i will provide rent agreement as well.
My Passport with all pages having stamps, my families passport, My covering letter, deed from my father for the money which he will transfer me(approx CA$2000).

I will be having around CA$5000 in my bank account(including my fixed deposit) + CA$2000 from my father before i apply for visa process.
Medical insurance from my company for my parent as they are dependent for that medical insurance on me.
State subject of my hometown which give special status to residents of that state under Indian constitution.

I can get affidavit from my family telling my connections to my home country . A complete detailed letter of my itinerary and day wise details.

Please do let me know if i should attach any other details.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

I will be applying for TRV next month from India. I will explain my whole profile below and would require to know if I would get Visa or not or what other things should i include to make my application a better one.

1. I am single with 24 years of age.
2. I am working as Software Engineer in the same company from past 2 year and 8 months.
3. I have traveled previously to Singapore and Thailand.
4. I am planning to travel to Canada in August 2019 with approx. 16 days of stay.
5. My cousin sister and brother in law are inviting me to Canad for Vacation purpose.. Both my cousin and brother in law have permanent residency of Canada. My brother in law is working in Canada and will be providing his all the payslips. I will staying with them for the whole duration and they will taking care of my lodging and food expenses. I will be taking care of my expenses for airfare and all miscellaneous expenses apart from lodging and food..
6. I will be travelling alone. My father has his Business while my mother is a housewife and my brother is a final year student. We have our own home and shop in my hometown.

Documents i will be providing:
Complete visa form, family form,photos, confirmed return flight tickets, invitation letter with pay slips for brother in law, employment letter from company with my leaves granted, no objection certificate from company, letter of professional commitment from my manager related to my presence in office for some important project post my travel completion, pay slips for 6 months, Income Tax Return for past 2 years, bank statement for 6 months,fixed deposits, mutual funds i have in my name, shares i have in my name, provident fund, pension funds, bank draft with each months average balance, credit card statement( as I hive high credit score).
I currently don't have any property on my name.
I am currently staying at rented apartment with my friends, so i will provide rent agreement as well.
My Passport with all pages having stamps, my families passport, My covering letter, deed from my father for the money which he will transfer me(approx CA$2000).

I will be having around CA$5000 in my bank account(including my fixed deposit) + CA$2000 from my father before i apply for visa process.
Medical insurance from my company for my parent as they are dependent for that medical insurance on me.
State subject of my hometown which give special status to residents of that state under Indian constitution.

I can get affidavit from my family telling my connections to my home country . A complete detailed letter of my itinerary and day wise details.

Please do let me know if i should attach any other details.
Short advice:
Your finances (both bank balance and financial investments) as an independent, working adult are low. Even though you are working in as a Software Engineer, your income is probably very low or else your expenses are very high.

If you have to depend on your dad to pay for your visit.... although you have been employed since nearly 3 years.... then your 'Employment prospects' would be the negative factor in your application.

As you intend to visit in August, I recommend you save up considerably more money + more financial investments.... without depending on your dad.

Don't apply now. Wait. Save up. Apply around June.

Don't book tickets in advance

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Short advice:
Your finances (both bank balance and financial investments) as an independent, working adult are low. Even though you are working in as a Software Engineer, your income is probably very low or else your expenses are very high.

If you have to depend on your dad to pay for your visit.... although you have been employed since nearly 3 years.... then your 'Employment prospects' would be the negative factor in your application.

As you intend to visit in August, I recommend you save up considerably more money + more financial investments.... without depending on your dad.

Don't apply now. Wait. Save up. Apply around June.

Don't book tickets in advance

Thank you so much for the advice Bryanna. I would probably avoid taking money from my dad and will show all the financial proofs which I am having. Can you please advice on how much account balance should I maintain as I intend to visit for 2 weeks with letter of invitation.
If I apply in June, I can show nearly CA$9000 without taking any money from my dad plus financial investments of approximately CA$5000, is that good enough?

Apart from this, would there be any negative impact factor related to my family ties/economic ties for which I need to submit more proofs?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the advice Bryanna. I would probably avoid taking money from my dad and will show all the financial proofs which I am having. Can you please advice on how much account balance should I maintain as I intend to visit for 2 weeks with letter of invitation.
If I apply in June, I can show nearly CA$9000 without taking any money from my dad plus financial investments of approximately CA$5000, is that good enough?
CAD 9000 would be much better than your current financial situation. If possible, do try to invest in a few more financial investments.... without depleting your CAD 9000 (or more) bank balance.

1. Any chance of a salary raise? That could help too.

2. Or any visit abroad (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ) either through your work or a personal trip before you apply?

Apart from this, would there be any negative impact factor related to my family ties/economic ties for which I need to submit more proofs?
Do post your list of documents when you're ready to apply .

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
CAD 9000 would be much better than your current financial situation. If possible, do try to invest in a few more financial investments.... without depleting your CAD 9000 (or more) bank balance.

1. Any chance of a salary raise? That could help too.

2. Or any visit abroad (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ) either through your work or a personal trip before you apply?

Do post your list of documents when you're ready to apply .

1. There won't be any salary raise till August :(
2. No such visits could be possible.

Thank You.

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Single, no property, young, 50/50 chance.
Based on what I know for sure , your job nature back home will be key point.
You can earn 800 $ monthly for example , at first it looks good, but single ...will make it back to 50/50 chance again.
I know singles , profession, doctors, directors. pastors, professors all them tax payers back home, applied successfully and got TRV. Not much of an effort money on the bank, $ 10.000 good enough, not necessarily booking your ticket, don't even bother.
It is the common sense, are you already strong applicant based on your country's economic situation compare to Canada ?
And of course, if you do. Success will come.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Single, no property, young, 50/50 chance.
Based on what I know for sure , your job nature back home will be key point.
You can earn 800 $ monthly for example , at first it looks good, but single ...will make it back to 50/50 chance again.
I know singles , profession, doctors, directors. pastors, professors all them tax payers back home, applied successfully and got TRV. Not much of an effort money on the bank, $ 10.000 good enough, not necessarily booking your ticket, don't even bother.
It is the common sense, are you already strong applicant based on your country's economic situation compare to Canada ?
And of course, if you do. Success will come.
Hey Elbagurl, I will be providing all my work commitment documents which prove that I need to be back once my vacations are over. Plus I have my parents and brother in my home country. They are dependent on me for their medical insurances. Can this be one more strong point to show that I have my family ties strong in my home country?. I will be attaching 2 year income tax returns and all financial investments proofs.
I am worried about the amount of bank balance which I need to show in my bank account.

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Yes, dependents family members its a good tie, try also to proof that from a doctor perspective, or POA, power of attorney for your parents.
If your job is satisfying from the officer, $ 5000 to $ 10.000 should be on your bank certificate, not less.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Yes, dependents family members its a good tie, try also to proof that from a doctor perspective, or POA, power of attorney for your parents.
If your job is satisfying from the officer, $ 5000 to $ 10.000 should be on your bank certificate, not less.
Thanks. I am also thinking to include one affdavit from my parents stating that after completion of my holidays, I will come back to India. I read this online somewhere, to make return to home country more authentic and legal.

Reactions: Elbagurl

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Thanks. I am also thinking to include one affdavit from my parents stating that after completion of my holidays, I will come back to India. I read this online somewhere, to make return to home country more authentic and legal.

Nop. :)
Do you work or volunteer for a religious cult ? Responsibilities you have there ?
Proof of that helps too.
Signed dated from that department, noterized if is not in English.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Nop. :)
Do you work or volunteer for a religious cult ? Responsibilities you have there ?
Proof of that helps too.
Signed dated from that department, noterized if is not in English.
No I don't work for any religious cult as of now, but maybe I can get associated with one of them.
Also, affidavit from parents which I stated earlier would help?

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Not sure about that, based on my experience people don't do that, they don't have to declare any assurance for you since you are an adult.

However it could help.

They can declare that they depend on you and they are waiting for further medical appointments and you are the first primary care for them, attach POA ao it can be credible , and also financially they depend on your efforts.

The affidavit has to be professional , clarifies details and credible. POA will be proof of your truth.

Reactions: smahajan

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
One quick advice needed:

In my planned dates of travel falls my birthday as well. Should i inform in purpose of travel that I will be there to tour Canada, visit my cousin sister and brother in law and celebrate my birthday with them? Would mentioning about birthday be Okay?

@Bryanna, @Elbagurl

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
One quick advice needed:

In my planned dates of travel falls my birthday as well. Should i inform in purpose of travel that I will be there to tour Canada, visit my cousin sister and brother in law and celebrate my birthday with them? Would mentioning about birthday be Okay?

@Bryanna, @Elbagurl
Birthdays are not considered as compelling reasons to visit.

I recommend you improve your financial situation first. It is not advisable to apply before that + you must also build your ties to India (your parents being dependent on you for their medical insurance isn't a strong tie)

Reactions: smahajan