+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information for TRV which i would be applying soon

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Hi @Bryanna. Hope you are doing good. As stated earlier, I will be applying for TRV in June first week. I am in process of collecting the documents and there are few queries from my side
1. I am getting work commitment letter from my company and manager. I have my mid year appraisal/salary hike in August end i.e. after my planned travel dates. Can I ask the manager to write it down that I need to be back for the appraisal thing and other work commitments.
2. For the detailed travel itinerary and travel history, should I keep it in one section under cover letter or should I make a separate documents for it.
3. I am one of the members of the Women technology group conducted by NASSCOM and I am nominated for this summit by my employer. Can I attach documents regarding this membership as I have attended previous workshops under it and there will be another workshop in September.
4. After my travel dates my parents will visit me in Bangalore and we will probably travel to another country for 4-5 days(no bookings made this is just a plan) + I will be visiting to my hometown in October for Diwali. Should I include these details in my application?
5. Can my cousin and brother-in-law write a combined invitation letter having documents of both of them? Or my cousin should only write the letter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna. Hope you are doing good. As stated earlier, I will be applying for TRV in June first week. I am in process of collecting the documents and there are few queries from my side
1. I am getting work commitment letter from my company and manager. I have my mid year appraisal/salary hike in August end i.e. after my planned travel dates. Can I ask the manager to write it down that I need to be back for the appraisal thing and other work commitments.
Both your manager and HR should write the letter.

Any other work-completion commitments?

2. For the detailed travel itinerary and travel history, should I keep it in one section under cover letter or should I make a separate documents for it.
Two separate documents.

Cover letter would be a summary = A third document besides these two documents.

3. I am one of the members of the Women technology group conducted by NASSCOM and I am nominated for this summit by my employer. Can I attach documents regarding this membership as I have attended previous workshops under it and there will be another workshop in September.
1. Yes, proofs of membership, ID (if any), evidence of attending other similar workshops, small explanation about why you have been attending + how it benefits you/your career, etc.

2. Has your employer paid the fees for this next workshop?

3. Any evidence of travel and hotel bookings to attend this workshop?

4. After my travel dates my parents will visit me in Bangalore and we will probably travel to another country for 4-5 days(no bookings made this is just a plan) + I will be visiting to my hometown in October for Diwali. Should I include these details in my application?
No evidence of visas and bookings = Not a reason to return home

5. Can my cousin and brother-in-law write a combined invitation letter having documents of both of them? Or my cousin should only write the letter?
Either or both. That said, their documents have little or no impact on your application.

The questions will continue to remain: Why do you want to meet this cousin + why would you spend your savings to meet him/her?

Reactions: smahajan

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Both your manager and HR should write the letter.

Any other work-completion commitments?
Yes there are many work completion commitments. I have multiple projects under me and I need to complete them. I am the sole automation member in my team and I have the whole dependency to complete the task.
Also, every month I have weekend support activity where I am the only person handling all the issues. The same will be scheduled in August end and I have to be there to take this activity.
Also, should i mention about the appraisal in NOC letter from HR as well as in separate work commitment letter from Manager?

Two separate documents.

Cover letter would be a summary = A third document besides these two documents.
Okay Sure.

1. Yes, proofs of membership, ID (if any), evidence of attending other similar workshops, small explanation about why you have been attending + how it benefits you/your career, etc.

2. Has your employer paid the fees for this next workshop?

3. Any evidence of travel and hotel bookings to attend this workshop?
Yes, I have requested for my membership ID. I have attended around 4 similar workshops under this program in last 1 year. There are now 2 workshops pending which are scheduled to happen in June and September.
My employer has paid for the complete program including the next two workshops. I can get a prof from HR and the host of the program.
This workshop happens in Bangalore only so no hotel booking or travel bookings. But there are previous travel bookings where I have requested for cab facility from my employer.

No evidence of visas and bookings = Not a reason to return home
If I book my Diwali tickets to my hometown, should I attach them?

Either or both. That said, their documents have little or no impact on your application.

The questions will continue to remain: Why do you want to meet this cousin + why would you spend your savings to meet him/her?

To Answer this, Me and my cousin have toured most of the places in India together. We have been traveling together every year since 4-5 years in past and have covered around 12+ cities in India. There are lot many photographs to prove the same. This is again another kind of similar annual vacation with her as she has now moved to Canada.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Few confusions regarding documents:

1. Should i take an online black and white print or should i take an online colored print of bank statement and get it stamped and signed by bank
2. Should NOC from employer, letter of professional commitment from Manager go under Extra documents i.e Client Information or should i attach along with employment letter in proof of funds.
3. Do i need to fill in family information form in Hindi (print, fill , sign and scan) as well as I have mentioned Hindi as my native language?
4. Documents related to mutual funds/shares should be attach under proof of funds?(As per me, it should not be updated there as those are not liquid funds) . Or should I attach them in extra documents?
5. Under proof of relationship with my cousin, I am attaching passport copies of our parents as they don't have birth certificates. (Is it okay?)
Also under this section I am attaching detailed trip histories with photographs which me and my cousin which have in India.
6. Credit card statements should be attached under proof of funds to show no dues pending on cards?

Hope someone helps on these :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Can someone please help me with the above post.

1. Should i take an online black and white print or should i take an online colored print of bank statement and get it stamped and signed by bank ---> Does not matter as far as it is legible and also has a conversion attached in CAD (you have to do that, banks won't do this)
2. Should NOC from employer, letter of professional commitment from Manager go under Extra documents i.e Client Information or should i attach along with employment letter in proof of funds. ---> Proof of financial support
3. Do i need to fill in family information form in Hindi (print, fill , sign and scan) as well as I have mentioned Hindi as my native language? --> Fill in English.
4. Documents related to mutual funds/shares should be attach under proof of funds?(As per me, it should not be updated there as those are not liquid funds) . Or should I attach them in extra documents? ---> I would do that in Client information along with an explanation letter
5. Under proof of relationship with my cousin, I am attaching passport copies of our parents as they don't have birth certificates. (Is it okay?) --> Make one PDF and highlight the names and add this in your letter of explanation
Also under this section I am attaching detailed trip histories with photographs which me and my cousin which have in India. ---> Client Information
6. Credit card statements should be attached under proof of funds to show no dues pending on cards? ---> Does not matter, whether or not you attach these.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks @myra20sharma for guiding.
1. Should i take an online black and white print or should i take an online colored print of bank statement and get it stamped and signed by bank ---> Does not matter as far as it is legible and also has a conversion attached in CAD (you have to do that, banks won't do this)
So do i need to take one more document from bank, after i convert the total funds to CAD and get that stamped?

Under proof of relationship with my cousin, I am attaching passport copies of our parents as they don't have birth certificates. (Is it okay?) --> Make one PDF and highlight the names and add this in your letter of explanation
Means the passport copies should go under proof of relationship right ?

6. Credit card statements should be attached under proof of funds to show no dues pending on cards? ---> Does not matter, whether or not you attach these.
I am attaching this to prove my credibility and to Show i have no dues. I also have high credit score with a very decent card limit.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks @myra20sharma for guiding.
So do i need to take one more document from bank, after i convert the total funds to CAD and get that stamped? -----> No, I am sorry if I sounded confusing at first. What I meant was, just take what bank gives (signed/stamped) and just bring it home, scan it. Then convert that in CAD and include that conversion in same PDF as the statement before uploading it.

Means the passport copies should go under proof of relationship right ? ----> Yes, passport copied will go under "Proof of relationship" but you can also write about it in your cover letter/letter of explanation, which will be going in additional docs/Client info.

I am attaching this to prove my credibility and to Show i have no dues. I also have high credit score with a very decent card limit. -----> In that case, that can go in additional docs.

Reactions: smahajan

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Hi @Bryanna , @bellaluna, @canuck78 @scylla @k.h.p.and all the senior members

I am ready to apply TRV in first week of June.
Below are the documents I am attaching with application:
Fully completed application IMM5257 form
Fully completed family information form IMM5645
Fully completed Schedule 1 IMM 5257 form

Scanned passport copy
Digital Photo
Purpose of visit - visit my cousin and tour around Canada
Confirmed return fight ticket
Detailed day wise itinerary with budget. Total trip is costing CAD $2700 including flight tickets and shopping expenses.

Proof of funds
:
Last 6 months bank statement from my bank(approx CAD 7300 in bank account + CAD 1300 already used for purchasing tickets)
Bank balance confirmation certificate
6 months pay slips
6 month tax slip
2016-2017 ITR, 2017-2018 ITR. As of now I don't have ITR for 2018-2019 as Form 16 is not provided by employer yet
Employment letter
Offer letter
Last 3 month credit card statement showing the purchase of ticket. Credit card limit is CAD $3000

Proof of Relationship:
My mother and my cousin father are real brother sister
Scanned copies of passport of my mother and my cousins father and our passport
Detailed trip histories with my cousin in India with photographs. We have had 10+ trips in India together

Invitation Docs:
· Invitation letter with all relevant information
· Permanent residency landing documents
· Passport copies
· Marriage certificate
· Offer letter from employer
· Notice of Assessment
· Recent 3 weekly pay stubs
· Driving license
· Last 4 month bank statement
· Apartment lease document
· Car related documents

Travel History
Entry and exit stamps for Singapore trip
Entry and exit stamps for Thailand trip and On-arrival Visa stamping
Singapore e-Visa document
Detailed travel to Singapore and Thailand with Dates, Flight tickets, places covered, photographs and trip type
Singapore Itinerary with flight tickets, hotel details and day wise activity details(with cruise)

Client Information:
Cover letter stating purpose of travel+ employment information+ host information + family information(all the immediate and extended family in India) + reason why i have to come back to India by a certain data + financial ties

o No Objection certificate from employer stating leaves granted for the vacation
o Letter of Professional commitments from the employer stating wok commitments after the vacations
o Mutual fund and stock holding investment statements stamped and signed by broker
I have redeemed one of my liquid mutual funds, so I am providing payment certificate+ statements from broker to show that money is mine.
o Provident Fund and Pension Fund statements
Total financial amount upto CAD $6500
o Membership certificate for NASSCOM workshop along with email snapshots for next workshop schedules (after my vacation) and proof of previous attended workshops
o Snapshot of approved leave for Diwali
o Rental agreement
o Last 5 months Rent receipts and security deposit receipt from the owner
o Medical insurances for my dependent parents
o Lost report with police for the missing old passport
o Aadhar card

Please suggest me if any changes are needed or any other document I should attach.

Also I have few confusions regarding application:

1. Is it necessary to write names in Native language(hindi) for family information form
2. For proof of relationship my mother and my uncle passport show different family names for my grandparents thought the given names are same.
3. Black and white print out of bank statements (signed and stamped) are ok or should i take colored print out of bank statements.

Last edited:

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@myra20sharma Need your help on this.
I am applying next week. Please suggest on the documents shared.

Also, for family information form, Is it necessary to sign it by hand

For proof of relationship to cousin:
My mother has used first name and last name as my grandparents name while my uncle has used first name and middle name for my grandparents.
e.g First name=ABC, Middle Name=DEF , Last Name=XYZ
My mother's passport has
ABC XYZ as name
My uncle's passport has
ABC DEF as name

Will it cause any issue? I have attached my mother's certificate where one of the grandparents has full name i.e. ABC DEF XYZ.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited: