Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma Need your help on this.
I am applying next week. Please suggest on the documents shared.

Also, for family information form, Is it necessary to sign it by hand

For proof of relationship to cousin:
My mother has used first name and last name as my grandparents name while my uncle has used first name and middle name for my grandparents.
e.g First name=ABC, Middle Name=DEF , Last Name=XYZ
My mother's passport has
ABC XYZ as name
My uncle's passport has
ABC DEF as name

Will it cause any issue? I have attached my mother's certificate where one of the grandparents has full name i.e. ABC DEF XYZ.
Thank you in advance.
Do your mother and uncle have exact same parent's names on their respective passports?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Same exact first name on their passport.

My uncle has FirstName+MiddleName
My mother has FirstName+LastName
Okay! I get it now. Sorry.
What about their own passports? Does your grandparents have passports? What names are there?

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Okay! I get it now. Sorry.
What about their own passports? Does your grandparents have passports? What names are there?
No, My grandparents don't have a passport. Though they will have their own identity proofs and I think they have name FirstName+MiddleName.
My mother has one of her certificates where one grandparent name shows as FirstName+MiddleName+LastName

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Hi ,
I am ready to apply TRV in first week of June.
Below are the documents I am attaching with application:
Fully completed application IMM5257 form
Fully completed family information form IMM5645
Fully completed Schedule 1 IMM 5257 form

Scanned passport copy
Digital Photo
Purpose of visit - visit my cousin and tour around Canada
Confirmed return fight ticket
Detailed day wise itinerary with budget. Total trip is costing CAD $2700 including flight tickets and shopping expenses.

Proof of funds
:
Last 6 months bank statement from my bank(approx CAD 7300 in bank account + CAD 1300 already used for purchasing tickets)
Bank balance confirmation certificate
6 months pay slips
6 month tax slip
2016-2017 ITR, 2017-2018 ITR. As of now I don't have ITR for 2018-2019 as Form 16 is not provided by employer yet
Employment letter
Offer letter
Last 3 month credit card statement showing the purchase of ticket. Credit card limit is CAD $3000

Proof of Relationship:
My mother and my cousin's father are real brother sister
Scanned copies of passport of my mother and my cousins father and our passport
Detailed trip histories with my cousin in India with photographs. We have had 10+ trips in India together

Invitation Docs:
· Invitation letter with all relevant information
· Permanent residency landing documents
· Passport copies
· Marriage certificate
· Offer letter from employer
· Notice of Assessment
· Recent 3 weekly pay stubs
· Driving license
· Last 4 month bank statement
· Apartment lease document
· Car related documents

Travel History
Entry and exit stamps for Singapore trip
Entry and exit stamps for Thailand trip and On-arrival Visa stamping
Singapore e-Visa document
Detailed travel to Singapore and Thailand with Dates, Flight tickets, places covered, photographs and trip type
Singapore Itinerary with flight tickets, hotel details and day wise activity details(with cruise)

Client Information:
Cover letter stating purpose of travel+ employment information+ host information + family information(all the immediate and extended family in India) + reason why i have to come back to India by a certain date + financial ties

o No Objection certificate from employer stating leaves granted for the vacation
o Letter of Professional commitments from the employer stating work commitments after the vacations
o Mutual fund and stock holding investment statements stamped and signed by broker

o Provident Fund and Pension Fund statements
Total financial amount upto CAD $6500
o Membership certificate for NASSCOM workshop along with email snapshots for next workshop schedules (after my vacation) and proof of previous attended workshops
o Snapshot of approved leave for Diwali
o Rental agreement
o Last 5 months Rent receipts and security deposit receipt from the owner
o Medical insurances for my dependent parents
o Lost report with police for the missing old passport
o Aadhar card

Please suggest me if any changes are needed or any other document I should attach.

@myra20sharma Please go through these list of documents as well and suggest if any changes are required.
Also, Can I submit Family information form, without signing manually? .

Thank you for taking out your time and helping people on this forum. Really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
No, My grandparents don't have a passport. Though they will have their own identity proofs and I think they have name FirstName+MiddleName.
My mother has one of her certificates where one grandparent name shows as FirstName+MiddleName+LastName
You can attach another document also for your mother that has same father's surname as on your uncle's passport. You can add an explanation letter in the client info. I am not 100% if this would work but that what I would have done too. Because it's complicated as there will be 4 passports + 1 extra ID proof from your mother so an explanation letter would be needed.

Reactions: smahajan

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma Please go through these list of documents as well and suggest if any changes are required.
Also, Can I submit Family information form, without signing manually? .

Thank you for taking out your time and helping people on this forum. Really appreciate it. :)
You do not need to sign anything in online application. Just save it and upload it.

Reactions: smahajan

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
You can attach another document also for your mother that has same father's surname as on your uncle's passport. You can add an explanation letter in the client info. I am not 100% if this would work but that what I would have done too. Because it's complicated as there will be 4 passports + 1 extra ID proof from your mother so an explanation letter would be needed.
Okay. I hope I don't need any affidavits for the same .

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
For IMM 5257 form, do i need to write my name in Signature box(I am able to write in this box) or should i leave it blank as the final electronic signatures would be taken.
I Have noticed the form says date as 02-2019, so I am assuming that IRCC has updated the form in Feb 2019 and has enabled signature button.
As per previous forum discussion, it appeared that people were not able to to write in Signature box as it was protected. But for me, I am able to write in this box.

Last edited:

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@Bryanna @myra20sharma I got refused today on the following grounds
1. Family ties in Canada and country of residence
2. Financial status and personal assets

I won’t be applying again as I don’t want to risk another refusal.
Just want to know, if i should apply for gmcs notes and will this refusal affect my any other country visas?