+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information for TRV which i would be applying soon

Elbagurl

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Reason can be anything. Birthday, baptism, religious holiday, family events, or no reason at all but just visiting your sister, it is a reason.

Reason can only complete the sense of your visit but is not defined as the key point. However it helps.

Strong ties with your country at any kind, properties, also make your case strong enough.
I understand is frustrating , based on other's experiences this is what is required and your luck too !!

Reactions: smahajan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks. I am also thinking to include one affdavit from my parents stating that after completion of my holidays, I will come back to India. I read this online somewhere, to make return to home country more authentic and legal.
Affidavits won't work. And, this affidavit makes no sense. You are employed, an adult, you don't live with your parents, etc.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Affidavits won't work. And, this affidavit makes no sense. You are employed, an adult, you don't live with your parents, etc.
Bryanna , Thanks.

This was just an additional doc whic I thought of putting for my strong home ties. Anyways i will be attaching employment letter, no objection certificate from employer and letter of work commitments from my manager.

As advised by you, i will apply around may end or june starting but want to ne sure for rest of the docs.

As i am living in a rented apartment, should i attach the rent aggrement as well.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna , Thanks.

This was just an additional doc whic I thought of putting for my strong home ties.
An affidavit does not guarantee that someone will return to his/her home country. It would be an unnecessary expense + the affidavit won't be considered.

Anyways i will be attaching employment letter, no objection certificate from employer and letter of work commitments from my manager.

As advised by you, i will apply around may end or june starting but want to ne sure for rest of the docs.

As i am living in a rented apartment, should i attach the rent aggrement as well.
You can include the rent agreement. However, as it is shared accommodation, it won't help too much

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
Is it necessary to show old passport while applying for the visa? I am unable to find my old passport + that passport was not having any stamps since I never traveled on that passport. All my traveling stamps are present on the current passport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is it necessary to show old passport while applying for the visa? I am unable to find my old passport + that passport was not having any stamps since I never traveled on that passport. All my traveling stamps are present on the current passport.
No, it is not necessary to submit the old passport in this case

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@Bryanna , my sister and brothe-in-law inviting me to Canada have shifted to Canada recently(January) with PR, I will be applying for the visa in June and my reasons would be visiting and touring around Canada. Will the recent shift as PR to Canada would have any negative impact on my application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna , my sister and brothe-in-law inviting me to Canada have shifted to Canada recently(January) with PR, I will be applying for the visa in June and my reasons would be visiting and touring around Canada. Will the recent shift as PR to Canada would have any negative impact on my application.
You must prove you have a well-defined visit plan + strong reasons to leave Canada + your own finances.... these factors will impact your application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna , I have sent you a personal message. Please do have a look and suggest.
I'm absolutely terrible in responding to personal messages simply because I don't have the time.

If there's something personal that cannot be posted on the open forum then do let me know. Otherwise do post your questions here so others can also advise

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
I'm absolutely terrible in responding to personal messages simply because I don't have the time.

If there's something personal that cannot be posted on the open forum then do let me know. Otherwise do post your questions here so others can also advise
@Bryanna, I have one question. Please do help me on this.

So I have booked my tickets already, before reading all the suggestion in this forum. Though I have booked the refundable tickets. I will be attaching the tickets with my application. Now my question is, do I need to show the transaction for the ticket booking as I booked it through my credit card. If I pay my credit card bill through my main account transaction will be there. But if I get my bill paid by someone else then the transaction won't be there. I need your suggestion should I pay the credit card bill myself and write in cover letter that I have booked my flight tickets and so my current bank balance is less by that amount. Round trip tickets costed me around CA $1300. If I pay my credit card bill, the amount in my bank balance would be around 7500$(after purchasing the ticket). If I don't pay the bill myself the bank balance would be 9000$. So the embassy clearly check for the transactions if flight tickets are booked. Also, $7500 would completely be left for my sight-seeing as my cousin would take care of lodging and food.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna, I have one question. Please do help me on this.

So I have booked my tickets already, before reading all the suggestion in this forum. Though I have booked the refundable tickets. I will be attaching the tickets with my application. Now my question is, do I need to show the transaction for the ticket booking as I booked it through my credit card. If I pay my credit card bill through my main account transaction will be there. But if I get my bill paid by someone else then the transaction won't be there. I need your suggestion should I pay the credit card bill myself and write in cover letter that I have booked my flight tickets and so my current bank balance is less by that amount. Round trip tickets costed me around CA $1300. If I pay my credit card bill, the amount in my bank balance would be around 7500$(after purchasing the ticket). If I don't pay the bill myself the bank balance would be 9000$. So the embassy clearly check for the transactions if flight tickets are booked. Also, $7500 would completely be left for my sight-seeing as my cousin would take care of lodging and food.
Thought you said you're applying in June which is still another three months away.

To answer your question:
No, someone else paying for your airfare just so it does not show up on your credit card bill is not a good idea. As the applicant, you must prove you can afford every aspect of your visit.

BTW it is not a good idea to book tickets before visas are issued

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@Bryanna, Yes with your advice, I am applying in June, just curious about my case(since i have credit card bill to pay for airfare in coming days) and learning how should i avoid making mistakes.
Thanks for this advice as well. I will pay credit card bill myself. Will I mention same in cover letter that I have purchased my tickets and so my finances are depleted with this amount(bank transactions would be proof).
I know I made mistake of booking tickets, wasn't aware of this forum before that.
Appreciate your help.

Last edited: