+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with getting Medical Exam done ..

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
So I have about 28 days left until I have to submit my PR application and I still have to get my Medical exam done. I hope I'm not too late :/

1) Can someone please clarify some stuff for me ? I thought Medical Exams were done AFTER submitting your PR application. Is that not the case ?

2) Also, I'm somewhat confused about the process itself. I don't understand if CIC is supposed to send me something, which I then have to take to the doctors, or not. Some threads mention such a document, while others mention that I need to take an 'upfront' exam, which I'm not sure what it means. Do I just find a doctor and go to them, or do I have to take something with me ? If the latter, what do I need to take ?

3) There's also the 'eMedical' thing. I understand that most doctors today support this, but what if they don't ? More importantly, how does having or not having eMedical affect the process of getting Medical exam done in the first place (in relation to question 2) ?

Thanks guys. Just trying to find my way through this maze called Express Entry :/

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) You're allowed to do what's called "upfront medicals" now for express entry - essentially you make an appointment without getting a medical request from CIC. Most DMPs will know what this is about it. You choose one from the list for your region, make the appointment and get the medical done. They'll provide you with a form when completed that needs to be uploaded with the rest of your documents. Helps to speed up your application a bit.

2) See #1 concerning an upfront medical - when you book the appointment, they will let you know what you need to bring.

3) Best advice is to just find a doctor that uses the eMedical that's been around for a while now. Just ask before you make the appointment and don't worry about using a doctor that doesn't use the eMedical system unless you absolutely have to. I'm assuming if they don't use it, your medical results have to be mailed to CIC but I don't really know too much about that as I've only been involved in the PR process this year. Someone else can help i'm sure (turns on the Asivad signal).

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
You can only go to the doctor listed on the CIC website. No other random doctor. http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
It doesn't matter whether the panel physician uses eMedical or not. In any case your results will reach CIC.

For EE, upfront medical is mandatory. CIC will not send you any kind of a document. You need to set up an appointment with the panel physician and bring your passport along. He/she will then issue you a UMI, and at the end of the exam you will get a sheet that you upload as part of your application.

That's all there is to it.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
You can only go to the doctor listed on the CIC website. No other random doctor. http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
It doesn't matter whether the panel physician uses eMedical or not. In any case your results will reach CIC.

For EE, upfront medical is mandatory. CIC will not send you any kind of a document. You need to set up an appointment with the panel physician and bring your passport along. He/she will then issue you a UMI, and at the end of the exam you will get a sheet that you upload as part of your application.

That's all there is to it.
Upfront medical refers to the medical test before PR and post receiving ITA? I hope I am right.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Yes. That's right. You need to do it before submitting your eAPR after you've received an ITA.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
So I got my Medical Exam done, and the staff gave me an 'eMedical' document which they said I should upload. The document also mentions some 'UMI' number. Is this the only document that I need to scan and upload as far as the Medical Exam is concerned ?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
ahmadka said:
So I got my Medical Exam done, and the staff gave me an 'eMedical' document which they said I should upload. The document also mentions some 'UMI' number. Is this the only document that I need to scan and upload as far as the Medical Exam is concerned ?
Yes, that's the only thing. Using UMI CIC will be able to find your medical in the system and connect it to your application.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Thanks. Three more questions:

1) In addition to that 'eMedical Information Sheet' which they staff gave me, they also gave me a receipt which shows the tests done, their standard test identification number, and the total cost which I paid. Does this need to be uploaded as well or not ?

2) During the test the doctor said there was blood in my urine, because of which he needs to do some additional test as it's required by CIC in such cases (he charged another $80 for that). He said that if I don't receive a call from him within 4-5 days, I can assume that it's nothing threatening, and he will inform CIC accordingly as well. It's been 2 weeks since then and I haven't received any phone call. Do I need to even call back and confirm if they sent the 'all clear' to CIC or not ?

3) At the bottom of the "eMedical Information Sheet", there's a table which says this:

Examinations required for this visa application ........ Exam Status .......... Clinic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
501 Medical Examination ...................................... Required
502 Chest X-ray Examination ................................ Required
707 HIV test ...................................................... Incomplete ............ Doctors Center
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR) ............................ Incomplete ............ Doctors Center

Does the 'Incomplete' part create a potential problem ? I assume the results may have been sent to CIC later on, but I'm not sure.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadka said:
Thanks. Three more questions:

1) In addition to that 'eMedical Information Sheet' which they staff gave me, they also gave me a receipt which shows the tests done, their standard test identification number, and the total cost which I paid. Does this need to be uploaded as well or not ?

No harm, not needed.

2) During the test the doctor said there was blood in my urine, because of which he needs to do some additional test as it's required by CIC in such cases (he charged another $80 for that). He said that if I don't receive a call from him within 4-5 days, I can assume that it's nothing threatening, and he will inform CIC accordingly as well. It's been 2 weeks since then and I haven't received any phone call. Do I need to even call back and confirm if they sent the 'all clear' to CIC or not ?

Call back and confirm for your peace of mind. Given that they didn't call you back, it probably was nothing.

3) At the bottom of the "eMedical Information Sheet", there's a table which says this:

Examinations required for this visa application ........ Exam Status .......... Clinic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
501 Medical Examination ...................................... Required
502 Chest X-ray Examination ................................ Required
707 HIV test ...................................................... Incomplete ............ Doctors Center
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR) ............................ Incomplete ............ Doctors Center

Does the 'Incomplete' part create a potential problem ? I assume the results may have been sent to CIC later on, but I'm not sure.

Those tests take longer to complete which is why the status shows up as Incomplete. Nothing to worry, your report is on its way to CIC or possibly there already.