+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help please

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
I am a graduate in electronics and got offer letter in mohawk college HAMILTON . .

It is a two year diploma course for 2 years

course name : ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN -POWER

All i am bothered about is will there be any chance of my visa getting rejected because of it being a diploma course and not a PG diploma

please suggest if i should go ahead with my visa plans

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Siddhartha said:
I am a graduate in electronics and got offer letter in mohawk college HAMILTON . .

It is a two year diploma course for 2 years

course name : ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN -POWER

All i am bothered about is will there be any chance of my visa getting rejected because of it being a diploma course and not a PG diploma

please suggest if i should go ahead with my visa plans
Please DO NOT file your Visa application with this course. You are already having a degree, how can you go for an undergraduate course & that too diploma!! If you are willing to go with this course, do not expect Visa approval but refusal (Depends upon luck too). Change your course you still have time or wait for next intake but don't go with this one. Its better to wait instead of sitting with refusal letter in your hands. Once you get refusal, it will be very difficult for you to obtain Visa. Which ***** Consultant did you hire?

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Rupak is correct, there are very high chances of VISA refusal based on Study Mismatch. So better change your course to a relevant PG course if your college allows and if seats are available or apply in the next intake.

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
Thanks so much for the suggestion . . .

well then i need to drop my plans and wait for next intake i guess because all colleges are like closed to apply for

hey . . which city and college would be better interms of cost of living and the help that i would get from seniors and all . .

Toronto or Hamilton or London ?

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Siddhartha said:

well then i need to drop my plans and wait for next intake i guess because all colleges are like closed to apply for

hey . . which city and college would be better interms of cost of living and the help that i would get from seniors and all . .

Cost of living is almost the same in Toronto/Hamilton/London. Toronto is a bit expensive. For lowest cost of living, go to Prince Edward Island. Keep in mind it is the second highest in unemployment.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Siddhartha said:

Check with Mohawk college if they have any relevant PG course available, if they do you can get transfer done and apply for VISA based on that.

Cost of living of all three cities would be almost the same as they lie in the same region, other provinces like Quebec or Saskatchewan will have some difference in the cost of living.

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Rupak14 said:
Cost of living is almost the same in Toronto/Hamilton/London. Toronto is a bit expensive. For lowest cost of living, go to Prince Edward Island. Keep in mind it is the second highest in unemployment.
go for centenial for electronics eng tech fast track 3222.its stil open for jan 2012 n offer letter is free of cost.apply for it as soon as posible.n if u got it in time.u cn file visa for jan.if u dint get it on time dn go for sep.

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
I already applied for centennial course that you have mentioned still waiting for their offer letter its been 20 days

thank you everyone for the suggestions

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
Also i wanted to clarify the perception that the chances of getting a PR are very less for a one year PG course is that right

and what are my chances for getting job after i complete a specific course

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Siddhartha said:
Also i wanted to clarify the perception that the chances of getting a PR are very less for a one year PG course is that right

and what are my chances for getting job after i complete a specific course
Most of the students go for 1 year PG course and they do get VISAs, so first point is simply a myth. One should follow guidelines and checklist provided by CIC and you'll be granted the VISA.

Job markets vary depending upon the job, that scenario can't be speculated from here. Also your grades and college will matter while getting a job.

Chances of getting a job/good job are higher when a student graduates from a University.

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
PR in the sense i spoke about permanent Canada residence and not the visa

i mean to ask that 1 year course i ll get a visa for 1 year work permit . . what after that ? how do i prolong my stay in Canada

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Siddhartha said:

i mean to ask that 1 year course i ll get a visa for 1 year work permit . . what after that ? how do i prolong my stay in Canada
If you want to get PR, go for a 2 year course at least. You will get 3 years work permit.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Siddhartha said:

If you are employed then by getting a positive LMO (Labor Market Opinion) from your CIC (your employer will have to apply that on your behalf), you can search for LMO on CIC website.

If unemployed one has no option but to return back.

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
But there are very less number of PG courses for 2 years actually there are no courses related to my field and my profile

could you please suggest some courses if you know any

i cannot change electronics field because some other course would be again an issue with the visa

for example i got this offer letter from FANSHAWE COLLEGE for the course IBM-INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT but i cannot go ahead with it because its not a relevant course for my previous study

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
You can also get PR if you go for 1 year PG course but the chances are really low cuz you will have to find a job during that 1 year work permit like royalsting said
royalsting said:
If you are employed then by getting a positive LMO (Labor Market Opinion) from your CIC (your employer will have to apply that on your behalf), you can search for LMO on CIC website.

If unemployed one has no option but to return back.
So if your main aim is to get Permanent Residency its advisable to get admission in to a 2 years course as you will get a 3 years open work permit.