+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help please

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
But there are no PG diploma courses of 2 years matching my profile and relevant

Well i am pretty confused about which course to select and devoid of optio :'(ns

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Siddhartha said:
But there are no PG diploma courses of 2 years matching my profile and relevant

Well i am pretty confused about which course to select and devoid of optio :'(ns
Well, I don't know much about PG Courses cuz i'm going for my Bachelor's Degree ;D but i really think you should go for the course that Vini8992 suggested. Its a PG Diploma course and it matches your previous education. How about going for a master's degree in a University? 8)

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
You can even go for 2 back to back PG Certificate courses to get 3 years WP. Many people have to go for this option as they don't find relevant options.

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
I am pretty sacred to apply for visa after reading the comments here

but if i happen to decide and apply for visa which course is advisable among the below mentioned

Mohawk college : ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN.(DIPLOMA)(relevant field of study)

FANSHAWE COLLEGE ; INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (PG DIPLOMA)(non relevant field of study )

which has more chances of getting visa

And if i happen to apply will i get visa or be rejected ????

Siddhartha

Nov 12, 2011
India
Reply@rupak

i already applied for the course that vinni suggested go centennial and waiting for some kinda correspondence from the college

as far as masters is concerned my academics do not meet the eligibility requirements due to my percentage being less

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
royalsting said:
You can even go for 2 back to back PG Certificate courses to get 3 years WP. Many people have to go for this option as they don't find relevant options.
Hey royalsting, I dont think if its true. We can't go for 2 back to back certificate courses & get 3 years work permit. I'm not sure but i think it's a Myth.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
Siddhartha said:

but if i happen to decide and apply for visa which course is advisable among the below mentioned

Mohawk college : ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN.(DIPLOMA)(relevant field of study)

FANSHAWE COLLEGE ; INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (PG DIPLOMA)(non relevant field of study )

As we already told you, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN is a Diploma course. Don't even think of applying with this course as you are already holding a degree.

As far as I've seen, the Visa success rate is LOW for students going to Fanshawe college.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Rupak14 said:
Hey royalsting, I dont think if its true. We can't go for 2 back to back certificate courses & get 3 years work permit. I'm not sure but i think it's a Myth.
Even I thought so but a good friend of mine did that and she just finished her 2nd course and is applying for PGWP now. I have similar plans and so I had confirmed it with her.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
royalsting said:
Even I thought so but a good friend of mine did that and she just finished her 2nd course and is applying for PGWP now. I have similar plans and so I had confirmed it with her.
That's great then. :D

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Siddhartha said:

I don't think either of them will be helpful to you in acquiring VISA.

Check this website " http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ontcol/home.html " and find a course related to your studies and it should be a PG course.

Or check other university and state community college websites.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
@ Siddhartha

Don't just consider Universities/colleges only in Ontario. Canada is a country consisting of ten provinces and three territories.

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Siddhartha said:
I am a graduate in electronics and got offer letter in mohawk college HAMILTON . .

It is a two year diploma course for 2 years

course name : ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN -POWER

All i am bothered about is will there be any chance of my visa getting rejected because of it being a diploma course and not a PG diploma

please suggest if i should go ahead with my visa plans
dun knw why people r not getin offer letter frm cen enial.i got it in 4 days nly.coz ofer leters of centenial come frn bangalore not frm canada bt for dis u must hav applied thru sum good consultant....

jstar1

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2 2015
Nomination.....
Dec 2014
AOR Received.
May 2015
Med's Request
June 2015
Med's Done....
June 2015
Siddhartha,
You can go for two back to back Pg PROGRAM and you will get 3 yrs work permit.
Do not take risks by applying for business program if your previous studies/ work mismatch. You can do whatever you want after getting visa. be on safer side.
These days college are late in issuing offer letter because places are mostly filled. I got my offer letter in 3 days as i applied in month of September.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jstar1 said:
Siddhartha,
You can go for two back to back Pg PROGRAM and you will get 3 yrs work permit.
Do not take risks by applying for business program if your previous studies/ work mismatch. You can do whatever you want after getting visa. be on safer side.
These days college are late in issuing offer letter because places are mostly filled. I got my offer letter in 3 days as i applied in month of September.
Hi,

I quote:

"You can go for two back to back Pg PROGRAM and you will get 3 yrs work permit."

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t85707.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t85562.0.html