+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in filling IMM5444E

alsharif

Jan 13, 2018
Hello All,
I need some help in filling my PR renewal application as I'm a bit confused about the way some questions should be answered and I really appreciate your feedback into this.

In Section B, Question 16 (City / Port of Entry): I basically landed in Pearson Airport and lived in Mississauga, ON at that time. From the instructions:
"Question 16

Write the city and province in Canada, where you became a permanent resident. If your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) form shows the name of a port of entry (the airport or a border crossing where you became a permanent resident), provide the name of the port of entry as shown on your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence form."

When I looked at my COPR, I found that it shows a number in the "Become P.R. at" field not any city or airport name. In this case do I need to put the city name or the airport name?

In Section C, Question 19 (Address history): What I understand is that I need to list all addresses that I stayed in for a month (30 days) or more; right? Do I need to list addresses for stays less than a Month or 30 days?

In Section C, Question 21 (Travel History): I basically landed in 2013 and stayed for two months and then went back to my work outside Canada. Then I came back to Canada in 2015. During my absence outside Canada, I was traveling a lot as part of my work or vacations but have not re-enter Canada until 2015. In this case, Do I have to report all my travels or just report the whole period as an absence?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
#16 - Is that number any of the following?
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport - Terminal I (4,971)
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport - Terminal III (4,974)
Those are the Airport of Entry codes for Pearson.

#19 - It says "ALL" addresses so I wouldn't leave any gaps in your address history. If you happened to live short term, just make sure every month is accounted for.
Example:
Jan 2017-Nov-2017 Address A
Nov 2017- Nov 2017 Address B
Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Address C
etc.

#21 - Depending on how many cities you've vacationed to, worked in, or had your main residence(s), it could be a long list I think. You may want to set up a spreadsheet and attach it to the form.
I would organize it by where you were residing primarily and from what date to which date.
While living at this location, I would then organize my dates in that range for where you were for work, and then for vacations.

Reactions: alsharif

alsharif

Jan 13, 2018
#16 - Is that number any of the following?
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport - Terminal I (4,971)
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport - Terminal III (4,974)
Those are the Airport of Entry codes for Pearson.

#19 - It says "ALL" addresses so I wouldn't leave any gaps in your address history. If you happened to live short term, just make sure every month is accounted for.
Example:
Jan 2017-Nov-2017 Address A
Nov 2017- Nov 2017 Address B
Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Address C
etc.

#21 - Depending on how many cities you've vacationed to, worked in, or had your main residence(s), it could be a long list I think. You may want to set up a spreadsheet and attach it to the form.
I would organize it by where you were residing primarily and from what date to which date.
While living at this location, I would then organize my dates in that range for where you were for work, and then for vacations.
Thank you Jordo for your reply.
# 16- The number I have on COPR is 3273. Not sure what to write in this case.
#19- So I don't have to add short stays for less than a month like a two weeks travel (work / vacation)? I'm thinking to have only my main address for each period
#21- So it is preferred to have all travel history including travels within absence period; right? when I add the dates do I add it like below (dates matching stamps in passport):

Or like below:

Also regarding the reason for absence: is it fine just to write "Work related" , "Vacation", "Family related"? if that is not recommended, what is an acceptable response for this?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
#16 - I"m not sure what that 3273 code means exactly. on the CBSA website the only reference to that number as a code is for UPS in Alberta which I don't see how that could relate to your COPR... unless when you imported your belongings they entered Canada in Alberta which to me doesn't make sense. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/codes/sw-ea-eng.html

So, you could call CBSA during business hours M-F and ask.

#19 - This question is to me where you have had your residences (not places you've visited). You could have accommodations less than one month. For example, if when you first got to Canada and were living in a hotel for a few weeks while looking for an apartment to rent, or if you were crashing at a friend's house while looking for housing. I would put that in this question. You'll also need to declare when you were living (not visiting) in places outside Canada too. The form looks like it is asking for specific dates.

#21 - This will be all your time outside Canada and may have some information from #19 overlapping. Yes, "work related" "vacation" "vacation to visit family" or "residing with family". Hope this helps.

Maybe others can share their experiences or insights.

You can access the CBSA line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside Canada, you can access the line by calling either 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges will apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an officer by pressing “0” at any time after you have made a selection of either English or French.

Reactions: alsharif

alsharif

Jan 13, 2018
#16 - I"m not sure what that 3273 code means exactly. on the CBSA website the only reference to that number as a code is for UPS in Alberta which I don't see how that could relate to your COPR... unless when you imported your belongings they entered Canada in Alberta which to me doesn't make sense. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/codes/sw-ea-eng.html

So, you could call CBSA during business hours M-F and ask.

#19 - This question is to me where you have had your residences (not places you've visited). You could have accommodations less than one month. For example, if when you first got to Canada and were living in a hotel for a few weeks while looking for an apartment to rent, or if you were crashing at a friend's house while looking for housing. I would put that in this question. You'll also need to declare when you were living (not visiting) in places outside Canada too. The form looks like it is asking for specific dates.

#21 - This will be all your time outside Canada and may have some information from #19 overlapping. Yes, "work related" "vacation" "vacation to visit family" or "residing with family". Hope this helps.

Maybe others can share their experiences or insights.

You can access the CBSA line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside Canada, you can access the line by calling either 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges will apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an officer by pressing “0” at any time after you have made a selection of either English or French.
Thank you again Jordo,

Probably I'll just write Pearson Airport as this was my point of entry when I landed. I just don't want to have anything that could delay the processing of my application.

alsharif

Jan 13, 2018
Hello Experts,

I'm confused how to answer some of the questions and appreciate your help and insight.

1- When filling the dates for travel history, do I simply out the dates matching the stamps in passport?
i.e.

or there shouldn't be any overlapping and should be like

2- Also when filling the work history, if there are a gap of 10 days between job and another, do I have to add this period as unemployed? or I can just add it to any of the jobs as the instructions says to account for each month.

3- For long unemployed periods, is it of to just say "Unemployed" or it is better to say "Looking for a job"

4- When filling Kids applications, I can add the school name for the school year but what about summer vacations?

Thank you

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

I am also confused regarding question 19 (address history). I left Canada after landing for 2 years. During this 2 years period, I visited once for 2 weeks during which I stayed in a hotel. Should I indicate the hotel address? and is it ok if this address is not the address that was on my driver license back then?