+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarifications - Travelling after AOR

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Just the CSE would suffice.
Hi Asivad - I am trying to raise CSE for address change. There is an option to select Type of application: in the enquiry section. Do i need to select Express Entry or Address change.
Please confirm

Thanks
Ravi

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Hi Asivad - I am trying to raise CSE for address change. There is an option to select Type of application: in the enquiry section. Do i need to select Express Entry or Address change.
Please confirm

Thanks
Ravi
If the CSE is for change in address, please select "Address Change".

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Please confirm

Thanks
Ravi
Choose Express Entry and provide details in the message body.

kg_canada

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Done....
05-07-2016
Thank you Asivad and others who have posted on this forum. I have a similar question and would be glad if you could help.

I received AOR with missing FBI Police report and CIC gave me 60 days extension. I will be receiving and submitting the FBI report this week. However, I will be leaving USA and moving to my home country permanently in 3 weeks from now.

-Would CIC want me to send a new police report from the USA to cover the last 2-3 weeks in the USA? (Since the report I will have sent will not cover last 2-3 weeks)
-Would they want another PCC from my home country?

-Also, should I request a visa office change or just a CSE with address change would suffice?

Thank you so much

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hello Asivad. Could u pls give me some advice? I have sent my eAPR and my AOR is Sept. 07, 2016. I am working as a Seafarer and probably I will be out my resident country again this end of Sept. Do I need to inform CIC about this? Do I need to update them about my travel? My contract will last 2-3 months but I will stay only at sea. Thank you

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
This will be necessary only if you're anticipating receiving a PPR and completing the formalities while you are in a foreign country which is different from your country of usual residence. In such a scenario, you will have to send a mail to CIC requesting permission to use the nearest Visa Office to complete the post-PPR formalities. Changing address on MyCIC is optional but recommended if you're traveling to another country and planning to stay there for long-term while your PR application is in progress. If it is a short business trip (2-3 months or less) and you don't anticipate receiving your PPR in that time period, you don't have to update your address.

All the best!
Hello. I have also travelled after my AOR but I only stayed outside my country for 2 months. Do I need to inform CIC thru CSI or do I need to email them directly? Additionally, I am also anticipating PPR anytime from now.. Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark29 said:
Hello. I have also travelled after my AOR but I only stayed outside my country for 2 months. Do I need to inform CIC thru CSI or do I need to email them directly? Additionally, I am also anticipating PPR anytime from now.. Thanks
No reason to inform IRCC if you're already back in your country of usual residence.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there
I found this topic so I think I'm gonna ask here. After submitting my application for PR, do I have to inform CIC that I went for a long weekend (4 days) to another country to visit a friend?

Thanks

naremonika

Apr 29, 2018
Hi dears,
My AOR is May 22. I assume it is ok to travel to the country from which I have submitted a PCC, right? Will CIC request another PCC for my 10 days long trip to this country after AOR? Thanks in advance

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi someone please help me. I am on my Post ITA phase gathering my documents. I have to go home (India) for a family reason by the end of this year. I was invited under CEC. My concern is that is there any travel restrictions after applying for Express entry. I have a multiple entry Temporary Resident Visa and PGWP valid until August 2019. What happens if I get a PPR while I'm outside Canada. Please throw some light. Thank you.

nancybedi2307

Jan 19, 2019
Can anyone tell me
If i am travelling to some other country in between this process (like after AOR)for a vacations
Does i need to send a copy of passport again which has new stamp in it?

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
@nancybedi2307 did you find the answer to your question?
I am in a similar situation, i have received AOR for express entry. I have heard that the usual wait period for PPR is 6months so it is safe to travel as i am not expecting my PPR.
However my concern is, i have submitted all the stamped pages of passport in CIC but if i make a new international travel then there will be new stamps in my passport which will not be submitted to CIC.

Reactions: ryeCatcher