+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarifications - Travelling after AOR

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
Hi, are there any travel restrictions after the submission of application. I have obtained PCC from India; and from Singapore after official request from CIC. Is it OK if I travel from Singapore to India at this moment. Should I obtain PCC again? Is there any official explanation from CIC?

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itoocandream said:
Hi, are there any travel restrictions after the submission of application. I have obtained PCC from India; and from Singapore after official request from CIC. Is it OK if I travel from Singapore to India at this moment. Should I obtain PCC again? Is there any official explanation from CIC?
There is no travel restriction for travel from one country to another. What comes to my mind is, if you are traveling to India and will be staying there for 2-3 months, you must update CIC about the change in the situation (address change). You can do this by raising a case specific enquiry, the link is available on the CIC portal.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
itoocandream said:
After eAPR and AOR there are none...but you can do what @Yoda24 suggests

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Yoda24 said:
There is no travel restriction for travel from one country to another. What comes to my mind io s, if you are traveling to India and will be staying there for 2-3 months, you must update CIC about the change in the situation (address change). You can do this by raising a case specific enquiry, the link is available on the CIC portal.
Hi - Any idea how many days prior to travel it is recommended to update the change in address. It is mentioned as it will take around 5 business days to reflect the change, will it take exactly 5 business days as it is mentioned in the CIC portal or more than that?
Please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Hi - Any idea how many days prior to travel it is recommended to update the change in address. It is mentioned as it will take around 5 business days to reflect the change, will it take exactly 5 business days as it is mentioned in the CIC portal or more than that?
Please suggest
This will be necessary only if you're anticipating receiving a PPR and completing the formalities while you are in a foreign country which is different from your country of usual residence. In such a scenario, you will have to send a mail to CIC requesting permission to use the nearest Visa Office to complete the post-PPR formalities. Changing address on MyCIC is optional but recommended if you're traveling to another country and planning to stay there for long-term while your PR application is in progress. If it is a short business trip (2-3 months or less) and you don't anticipate receiving your PPR in that time period, you don't have to update your address.

All the best!

faxismile

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad, Almost similar scenario. Moved to another country 1 month after eAPR, AOR is sept 9. Should i inform CIC even though my family is still back in my home country and i still maintain my home address.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faxismile said:
Thanks Asivad, Almost similar scenario. Moved to another country 1 month after eAPR, AOR is sept 9. Should i inform CIC even though my family is still back in my home country and i still maintain my home address.
If you're anticipating a PPR soon and want to complete those formalities from the country you're living in at this point in time, Yes. If not, no.

itoocandream

Oct 30, 2015
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. My trip is just a couple of weeks long and am not expecting ppr any earlier than mid March. I believe I don't even have tell raise a CSE..correct?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itoocandream said:
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. My trip is just a couple of weeks long and am not expecting ppr any earlier than mid March. I believe I don't even have tell raise a CSE..correct?
Yes.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
thanks for advice asivad , even I had the same question . My family went to India for a 2 month vacation . was unsure whether I need to update their travel history to cic and need to get pcc something like that .

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
This will be necessary only if you're anticipating receiving a PPR and completing the formalities while you are in a foreign country which is different from your country of usual residence. In such a scenario, you will have to send a mail to CIC requesting permission to use the nearest Visa Office to complete the post-PPR formalities. Changing address on MyCIC is optional but recommended if you're traveling to another country and planning to stay there for long-term while your PR application is in progress. If it is a short business trip (2-3 months or less) and you don't anticipate receiving your PPR in that time period, you don't have to update your address.

All the best!
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the reply. Have few moe questions on the same topic. Please suggest

This is my current situation
My PR AOR date is Nov 18,2015(OIPNP - CEC) and currently in Implied status as my VISA/WP has expired. Have applied for BOWP on Nov 25,2015
I need to travel to India by Feb 2016(I don't prefer but due to personal emergency i have to travel) and will be completing my PR formalities in India itself.

Here are my queries regarding the same:
1. Although unlikely just in case if i get the PPR request in Feb (before my travel),can i change the Visa Office to New Delhi once i reach India. If so i need to raise/submit the
CSE or just send the mail to CEC informing the same. Any idea how many days it will take to reflect the VO change??
2. If i do not get the PPR request before my travel, can i raise/submit the CSE or send the mail to CEC about the address change a week before my travel.
3. I am bit concerned about the duration CEC will take to change the address. It is mentioned as 5 business days in CSE page but wanted to confirm if it will take more that may
result in delaying passport submission.
4. Also is the same process to be followed to change the address of BOWP as i am planning to change the address to my friend's canadian address before my travel so that he can courier my BOWP to India if there is any delay in the PR process.

Please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the reply. Have few moe questions on the same topic. Please suggest

This is my current situation
My PR AOR date is Nov 18,2015(OIPNP - CEC) and currently in Implied status as my VISA/WP has expired. Have applied for BOWP on Nov 25,2015
I need to travel to India by Feb 2016(I don't prefer but due to personal emergency i have to travel) and will be completing my PR formalities in India itself.

Here are my queries regarding the same:
1. Although unlikely just in case if i get the PPR request in Feb (before my travel),can i change the Visa Office to New Delhi once i reach India. If so i need to raise/submit the CSE or just send the mail to CEC informing the same. Any idea how many days it will take to reflect the VO change??

Yes. Send a mail to CIC. Typically takes 3-7 days.

2. If i do not get the PPR request before my travel, can i raise/submit the CSE or send the mail to CEC about the address change a week before my travel.

Yes.

3. I am bit concerned about the duration CEC will take to change the address. It is mentioned as 5 business days in CSE page but wanted to confirm if it will take more that may result in delaying passport submission.

Doesn't matter. You can still get your PPR and send them a mail asking them to change your VO even if they haven't still updated your address.

4. Also is the same process to be followed to change the address of BOWP as i am planning to change the address to my friend's canadian address before my travel so that he can courier my BOWP to India if there is any delay in the PR process.

No problem.

Please suggest

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Thank you Asivad for your valuable inputs. Can you please confirm email address i should use to inform the CIC change in address for PR and BOWP?

Thank you