+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a Advice on Revaluation for IELTS WRITING & SPEAKING

snowflayc

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
LRWS (5.5,5,6,5.5)
should i apply EOp
With this score I would highly recommend to study a little bit more and rather retake the test. If you would get the british council book (even from library for free) and follow the guidelines as well as use youtube to back it up, there is definitely high chance to score at least 8 in L and R. It only takes practice.

For speaking, I would recommend listening to BBC radio and as well as many english youtube videos as you can. For writing, best for me was reading english texts and books and gradually improve in this as well.

Krishna07

Jan 18, 2019
First attempt: LRWS :7.5,6.5,5.5,6
2nd attempt: LRWS: 6.5,6,6,6
Can i go for revaluation as all I need is 0.5

Last edited:

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
My scores were L 9, R 8.5, S 8 and W 7. Avg score was 8.125 rounded down to 8.

I wanted to get 7.5 in Writing as that would give me the top band in the immigration process. So i paid the recheck fees of 6500/- and applied.

It took about a month for them to re-evaluate but they ended up increasing my Writing score from 7 to 7.5, which was perfect. Not only this but because of that 0.5 increase my avg score increased from a 8.125 (rounded down to 8) to a 8.25 (rounded up to 8.5).

So as my overall score changed from 8 to 8.5 i was eligible for a full refund, which i got after an other month. So it worked out for me.

Basically Writing is the only section which u could think about for a recheck, the rest of the sections don’t bother.
Also refund is applicable only if ur overalls score changes, not just for section. If ur scores are poor then just give the test again.
If u did very well in all sections except for Writing, which u also think u did pretty well but didn't get the required score, only then go for a recheck.
Most likely itll be a waste of time and money, but u can get lucky like i did.

Reactions: RaunaqT90

r_2188

Feb 10, 2019
Hey.. I got my ielts score today L-8.5, R-7.5, W-6.5 and S-7.5. Should I go for revaluation? Please suggest.

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
My scores were L 9, R 8.5, S 8 and W 7. Avg score was 8.125 rounded down to 8.

I wanted to get 7.5 in Writing as that would give me the top band in the immigration process. So i paid the recheck fees of 6500/- and applied.

It took about a month for them to re-evaluate but they ended up increasing my Writing score from 7 to 7.5, which was perfect. Not only this but because of that 0.5 increase my avg score increased from a 8.125 (rounded down to 8) to a 8.25 (rounded up to 8.5).

So as my overall score changed from 8 to 8.5 i was eligible for a full refund, which i got after an other month. So it worked out for me.

Basically Writing is the only section which u could think about for a recheck, the rest of the sections don’t bother.
Also refund is applicable only if ur overalls score changes, not just for section. If ur scores are poor then just give the test again.
If u did very well in all sections except for Writing, which u also think u did pretty well but didn't get the required score, only then go for a recheck.
Most likely itll be a waste of time and money, but u can get lucky like i did.
Did take the IELTS on IDP (CB) or BC (paper based)?

santz88

Apr 12, 2019
hello guys... i got my ielts(GT) result on 19th april
L=8
R=8
W=6.5
S=7.5
is it advisable to go for re-valuation?? what are the chances of getting an increased mark? i only need 0.5 to get CLB 9..

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
hello guys... i got my ielts(GT) result on 19th april
L=8
R=8
W=6.5
S=7.5
is it advisable to go for re-valuation?? what are the chances of getting an increased mark? i only need 0.5 to get CLB 9..
If you feel confident enough about your writing to get a 7, go for remarking.
Worst case scenario is losing your money. But I think it is worth the shot

Mohit.19

Apr 15, 2019
Hey guys,
I have scored LRWS(8,8,6.5,7) in BC exam held on 27 April 2019. Are there any chances of increase in 0.5 band in writing if I opt for EOR?

santz88

Apr 12, 2019
Hey guys,
I have scored LRWS(8,8,6.5,7) in BC exam held on 27 April 2019. Are there any chances of increase in 0.5 band in writing if I opt for EOR?
I got the same score and I have filed for an eor. My result will be out tomorrow most probably..