Hello,

I would like to share my success story:

Test date: 18 August 2018
Exam partner: British Council in Vietnam
Initial results: L/R/W/S: 9.0/8.0/7.0/6.0
EOR requested for Speaking: 06 September 2018
EOR result received: 09 October 2018
New results: L/R/W/S: 9.0/8.0/7.0/7.0

I decided to apply for EOR for my Speaking score as I was confident that I had performed pretty well in my speaking test. Besides, I had achieved 7.0 in Speaking in my two previous attempts. Hence, I was quite sure that I should have been awarded a higher score in this module.
Therefore, my advice is if you are really confident about your performance in Speaking and/or Writing (in accordance with the published marking criteria), it is worth applying for remark.

Good luck to those who are thinking of applying for EOR or are waiting for EOR results! :)

Oct 12, 2018
Hello,

I would like to share my success story:

Test date: 18 August 2018
Exam partner: British Council in Vietnam
Initial results: L/R/W/S: 9.0/8.0/7.0/6.0
EOR requested for Speaking: 06 September 2018
EOR result received: 09 October 2018
New results: L/R/W/S: 9.0/8.0/7.0/7.0

I decided to apply for EOR for my Speaking score as I was confident that I had performed pretty well in my speaking test. Besides, I had achieved 7.0 in Speaking in my two previous attempts. Hence, I was quite sure that I should have been awarded a higher score in this module.
Therefore, my advice is if you are really confident about your performance in Speaking and/or Writing (in accordance with the published marking criteria), it is worth applying for remark.

Good luck to those who are thinking of applying for EOR or are waiting for EOR results! :)

Hi

Got my IELTS result: LRWS - 8.5,7.5,7,6.5

All this while, when waiting for result, I thought if at all anything could stop me from obtaining CLB 9, it could be listening/Reading and the major culprit could be Writing.

But never thought that it's speaking that would stop the show.

I was pretty confident after my speaking exam and this result was surprising.

Anyways i am going to apply for revaluation and i have some queries regarding the same.

1.Does number of modules selected for revaluation will impact the time of result declared ?
2. Does revaluation by any chance reduce the current score?

I am planning to apply revaluation for writing too along with speaking.

Reason:
1.If i get 0.5 increase in W, it would fetch another 3 pts ( anyways cost remains same)
2.More the module, more the chances of score change and hence refund.

Looking for your valuable inputs.

TIA

Lionking1504

May 21, 2018
Hi

Got my IELTS result: LRWS - 8.5,7.5,7,6.5

All this while, when waiting for result, I thought if at all anything could stop me from obtaining CLB 9, it could be listening/Reading and the major culprit could be Writing.

But never thought that it's speaking that would stop the show.

I was pretty confident after my speaking exam and this result was surprising.

Anyways i am going to apply for revaluation and i have some queries regarding the same.

1.Does number of modules selected for revaluation will impact the time of result declared ?
2. Does revaluation by any chance reduce the current score?

I am planning to apply revaluation for writing too along with speaking.

Reason:
1.If i get 0.5 increase in W, it would fetch another 3 pts ( anyways cost remains same)
2.More the module, more the chances of score change and hence refund.

Looking for your valuable inputs.

TIA
Hi,

1. I'm not sure if the number of modules requested for remark would affect the waiting time or not. At the moment, remark process at British Council takes around 2-4 weeks. The waiting time probably depends on some factors such as the number of EOR applications they receive, delivery time for test papers to be sent to the UK... In my case, I only applied for EOR for my speaking score, it took me one month to receive the result.
2. I have never heard or read any cases in which the scores are reduced after re-evaluation. Mostly, scores remain unchanged or increase.

You may give both your writing and speaking modules a shot for re-evaluation if you would like to. Good luck!

Reactions: Tunde_AMD

Mahidhar494

Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys, my ielts scores(idp) are l-9,r-7.5,s-6.5,w-7.5. Unlike other cases i got 7.5 in writing and 6.5 in speaking. Would it be wise to go for reevaluation or retest. All i need is that 0.5 in speaking. I remember i missed a point in speaking task 2, i did every thing good other than that.

santhoshsam88

Dec 6, 2018
Any opinions whether it's worth trying for writing reevaluation?
L- 8.5
R - 8
W- 6.5
S-7.5
I had the exact score as you got and I got my 0.5 added on my writing.But remember you need to be confident that you did well in your exams and followed the guidelines for writing your task 1 and 2. Go for it if it is British council as I cleared through them

Reactions: baggy

MsMalik

Oct 21, 2018
Any opinions whether it's worth trying for writing reevaluation?
L- 8.5
R - 8
W- 6.5
S-7.5
Yes if you are looking for a .5 increase, you should definately try. Just keep in mind it takes almost a month, so if time and money is not much of an issue. Go ahead with reval

Reactions: baggy

snowflayc

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hey guys,

I have scored LRWS - ( 9 , 9 , 6.5 , 7 ) . Should I go for revaluation ?

Are there some chances of score change?
I would say there is a chance to get it increased, esp when you scored so high in two other categories. I would say its defintely worth try it get even a half point increase.