+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NDVO PPR (passport request) now what to do?

oconnor87

Jul 7, 2018
hey all!
does anyone know the correct fees you need to pay when sending in your passport? We have the letter for PPR and to send it in to VFS but it seems it lists several fees so we are curious which is the correct one.
any input would be great
cheers

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
IT is advisable to submit in person and they accept cash only. This is what I was told.

Bajwa.js

Sep 23, 2018
I found this very helpful sharing with all members as per a friend sent me the e-mail:-

Print your PPR letter, leave 1 copy at home. Find your nearest VFS and timings. There is less crowd after lunch. Appointments are not taken for passport submission. Here is link to VFS offices in INDIA:-
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html

Check passport validity and it should have two blank pages. Take photocopies of all the passports. You can get copies done at VFS center also. The passport should be same as the one you have mentioned while submitting the application. There is no need to provide old expired passports.

You can take all the passports on behalf of all the family members. No authorization letter needed. Take cash with you for paying the fees. Check the latest fee for this service on the link. Take photographs as per CIC specifications as mentioned. The service is available in some VFS Centers also. Whether it is available there or not, you can check it on their website.

Procedure: Get the token from reception for submission. You can take Phones, car keys etc with you. You need to switch off the mobile. No electronic devices allowed inside. After that wait for your token number and go to the designated counter number. The VFS agent will collect your documents and will put it inside one bag. Everything will be put inside one bag. He/she will return it to you to pay the fees at the cash counter and then go to final counter for PPT submission.

Payment can be made only by cash only. After payment go to the final counter as suggested by VFS agent.

At the final counter, the agent will ask you for your address if you want the passports to get delivered via Blue-dart courier. If you don’t trust the courier services, you can opt out. Give your cell number for SMS so you can collect it in person. Keep the receipt.

The progress of this service is trackable. Use tracking number as on the receipt. You will receive tracking numbers thru SMS as well. If you have not chosen the courier services, you can collect the passport from VFS again. Again choose evening to avoid rush.
Thx man, its really good and helpful..

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you allexson for visiting the thread and Liking :)
My GCKEY minor changes are as below:-
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

Reactions: 1506

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hey buddy, thanks for this post - very helpful! Do you know if somebody other than the Principal Applicant can submit the passport? Or does the PA have to submit it?
Hi, it’s not necessary that PA himself/herself go for submitting passports. We can write an authorization letter along with the consent form under someone’s name stating that u authorize that person to submit and collect ur passports (don’t forget to mention ur name and passport no.) at VFS center (mention the name of the center like vfs Delhi, vfs Chandigarh etc.).

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Hey Singleman, I see u very active on forum . And honestly, u seem to be helping a lot of applicants in many ways. Great job, man .
Appreciated so much .

Reactions: ypra and singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey Singleman, I see u very active on forum . And honestly, u seem to be helping a lot of applicants in many ways. Great job, man .
Appreciated so much .
Thanks 4 comments. I like to help as far correctly as I can. But when I am not sure I always suggest them to wait and see more replies. This Diwali I had serious fall slipped from snow, didn't break bones but L side ankle and L hip is affected, can't walk/move more;no one to help :( thinking to call an Ambulance. But living on HOPE that Applicant wife will be here..

Bajwa.js

Sep 23, 2018
Thanks 4 comments. I like to help as far correctly as I can. But when I am not sure I always suggest them to wait and see more replies. This Diwali I had serious fall slipped from snow, didn't break bones but L side ankle and L hip is affected, can't walk/move more;no one to help :( thinking to call an Ambulance. But living on HOPE that Applicant wife will be here..
Hi
Can you tell me what we have to bring to VSF office for submitting passport
Like which envelope, anything extra..
Thx..

Kanchan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
☹ Aww
I pray that ur wife reaches as early as possible to take care of u. Be careful on snow

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
☹ Aww
I pray that ur wife reaches as early as possible to take care of u. Be careful on snow
So nice of you Kanchan. I am back home , Paramedics gave me 2 Morphine injs (I felt so HIGH) and at hospital they gave me Toradol inj. Xray was Ok no cracks. I can barely walk or do anything at all in daily life. But slowly moments are improving. Ankle and Back was hurt. But thanks God I am back home.