+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NDVO PPR (passport request) now what to do?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I found this very helpful sharing with all members as per a friend sent me the e-mail:-

Print your PPR letter, leave 1 copy at home. Find your nearest VFS and timings. There is less crowd after lunch. Appointments are not taken for passport submission. Here is link to VFS offices in INDIA:-
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html

Check passport validity and it should have two blank pages. Take photocopies of all the passports. You can get copies done at VFS center also. The passport should be same as the one you have mentioned while submitting the application. There is no need to provide old expired passports.

You can take all the passports on behalf of all the family members. No authorization letter needed. Take cash with you for paying the fees. Check the latest fee for this service on the link. Take photographs as per CIC specifications as mentioned. The service is available in some VFS Centers also. Whether it is available there or not, you can check it on their website.

Procedure: Get the token from reception for submission. You can take Phones, car keys etc with you. You need to switch off the mobile. No electronic devices allowed inside. After that wait for your token number and go to the designated counter number. The VFS agent will collect your documents and will put it inside one bag. Everything will be put inside one bag. He/she will return it to you to pay the fees at the cash counter and then go to final counter for PPT submission.

Payment can be made only by cash only. After payment go to the final counter as suggested by VFS agent.

At the final counter, the agent will ask you for your address if you want the passports to get delivered via Blue-dart courier. If you don’t trust the courier services, you can opt out. Give your cell number for SMS so you can collect it in person. Keep the receipt.

The progress of this service is trackable. Use tracking number as on the receipt. You will receive tracking numbers thru SMS as well. If you have not chosen the courier services, you can collect the passport from VFS again. Again choose evening to avoid rush.

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
I found this very helpful sharing with all members as per a friend sent me the e-mail:-

Print your PPR letter, leave 1 copy at home. Find your nearest VFS and timings. There is less crowd after lunch. Appointments are not taken for passport submission. Here is link to VFS offices in INDIA:-
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html

Check passport validity and it should have two blank pages. Take photocopies of all the passports. You can get copies done at VFS center also. The passport should be same as the one you have mentioned while submitting the application. There is no need to provide old expired passports.

You can take all the passports on behalf of all the family members. No authorization letter needed. Take cash with you for paying the fees. Check the latest fee for this service on the link. Take photographs as per CIC specifications as mentioned. The service is available in some VFS Centers also. Whether it is available there or not, you can check it on their website.

Procedure: Get the token from reception for submission. You can take Phones, car keys etc with you. You need to switch off the mobile. No electronic devices allowed inside. After that wait for your token number and go to the designated counter number. The VFS agent will collect your documents and will put it inside one bag. Everything will be put inside one bag. He/she will return it to you to pay the fees at the cash counter and then go to final counter for PPT submission.

Payment can be made only by cash only. After payment go to the final counter as suggested by VFS agent.

At the final counter, the agent will ask you for your address if you want the passports to get delivered via Blue-dart courier. If you don’t trust the courier services, you can opt out. Give your cell number for SMS so you can collect it in person. Keep the receipt.

The progress of this service is trackable. Use tracking number as on the receipt. You will receive tracking numbers thru SMS as well. If you have not chosen the courier services, you can collect the passport from VFS again. Again choose evening to avoid rush.
Hey buddy, thanks for this post - very helpful! Do you know if somebody other than the Principal Applicant can submit the passport? Or does the PA have to submit it?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey buddy, thanks for this post - very helpful! Do you know if somebody other than the Principal Applicant can submit the passport? Or does the PA have to submit it?
Hey buddy no problem I took time and thanks 4 your comments :) We are all here to help each others and also to share happiness/grievances.;) specially if 1 is alone like me

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Also more than 235 visited here glad I could be of help! but u r the 1st one who wrote comments,thx again

Reactions: lucky1990

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Also more than 235 visited here glad I could be of help! but u r the 1st one who wrote comments,thx again
Tbh I'm surprised no body else commented because this is actually very helpful! Thanks again :) and don't feel alone, we're all here to help...some just do so silently I guess ;) lol

Also, do you know the answer to my previous question? Does the PA have to submit their passport to the VFS or can somebody else submit the passport on their behalf (the PA's brother for example)?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Tbh I'm surprised no body else commented because this is actually very helpful! Thanks again :) and don't feel alone, we're all here to help...some just do so silently I guess ;) lol

Also, do you know the answer to my previous question? Does the PA have to submit their passport to the VFS or can somebody else submit the passport on their behalf (the PA's brother for example)?
Not sure 100% but 90% sure PA >she must go by herself or may be an authorization letter given to some1. They wrote:-
Provided all documents are in order, passports submitted through VFS Global will generally be returned within 7 working days..

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Not sure 100% but 90% sure PA >she must go by herself or may be an authorization letter given to some1. They wrote:-
Provided all documents are in order, passports submitted through VFS Global will generally be returned within 7 working days..
Okay, thanks for letting me know. We haven't even gotten PPR yet but just trying to plan for it. Remind me, what's the status of your application?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey frnd I am planning PPR too BUT AOR1 is not even here no nothing , almost 60 dyas of app recvd..Sydney transfer is delaying all because of heavy loads of files. So I kind of worry free as far as AOR but hoping to hear somethings in a matter of months if NOT years

SHEiKH_000

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hey frnd I am planning PPR too BUT AOR1 is not even here no nothing , almost 60 dyas of app recvd..Sydney transfer is delaying all because of heavy loads of files. So I kind of worry free as far as AOR but hoping to hear somethings in a matter of months if NOT years
Oh your file is in Sydney visa office? Mine is in New Delhi. What country is the PA in?
According to the following website, you can contact them if your application doesnt appear in your online account after 5 days of them receiving it. So maybe you can send them a message about your AOR1 if you want?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Oh your file is in Sydney visa office? Mine is in New Delhi. What country is the PA in?
According to the following website, you can contact them if your application doesnt appear in your online account after 5 days of them receiving it. So maybe you can send them a message about your AOR1 if you want?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
A sponsor usually is in Canada. PA if dealing with NDVO could be near India or in India .