+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
Pippin said:
Decent guy and anyone with refusals or situations that seem strange, request your gcms notes. This will help you understand what actually happened and will give you guidance in how best to proceed.
This is true. The OWP(S) for my wife also got refused (from Chandigarh Consulate). The reason was travel and the purpose.
I consulted an immigration consultant here in Toronto, Canada. He explained me that in these conditions, she did not have shown her economic and social ties to India. SHe had filed the application on her own, and we did not show any property in india......just bank statements of mine which was in Canada.

This rejection from Chandigarh came just within 4 weeks of application filing. Filed on Jan 07, 2013 and rejection came on Feb 04, 2013.

She has applied again for same OWP(S) on 25th Feb through the consultant and it is almost 6 weeks that we have not received any response yet. This time, we have shown that I will also go back to India after my WP expires......property docs etc are attached with the application.
Due to one time rejection, the case is little vulnerable and still I am keeping faith and hopes that this time we will get the visa.

As a contingency plan, I am preparing a Student permit application for her as she got acceptance to a Master's degree program in a very good university.

All is dependent on the MOOD of VISA officer in this case.

decentguy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
saini84 said:
This is true. The OWP(S) for my wife also got refused (from Chandigarh Consulate). The reason was travel and the purpose.
I consulted an immigration consultant here in Toronto, Canada. He explained me that in these conditions, she did not have shown her economic and social ties to India. SHe had filed the application on her own, and we did not show any property in india......just bank statements of mine which was in Canada.

This rejection from Chandigarh came just within 4 weeks of application filing. Filed on Jan 07, 2013 and rejection came on Feb 04, 2013.

She has applied again for same OWP(S) on 25th Feb through the consultant and it is almost 6 weeks that we have not received any response yet. This time, we have shown that I will also go back to India after my WP expires......property docs etc are attached with the application.
Due to one time rejection, the case is little vulnerable and still I am keeping faith and hopes that this time we will get the visa.

As a contingency plan, I am preparing a Student permit application for her as she got acceptance to a Master's degree program in a very good university.

All is dependent on the MOOD of VISA officer in this case.
i am requesting for my file and the reason , i think it will takee 10 - 15 days

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
GCMS notes takes about 4 weeks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Dino2985 said:
How to request gcms Notes?

I have got refused my visa letter today which stating that I am not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment.

Even I have got an offer for sales position and my previous total experience is also pure sales. I dont know where to meet the requirements and dont know what to do now??????????????
What documents did you provide to prove you had the experience? If you were evaluating your application can you see why the VO would think the way they did?

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
Dino2985 said:
How to request gcms Notes?

I have got refused my visa letter today which stating that I am not able to demonstrate that you adequately meet the job requirements of your prospective employment.

Even I have got an offer for sales position and my previous total experience is also pure sales. I dont know where to meet the requirements and dont know what to do now??????????????
This is the link to get the notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

I believe, your case was CWP and I believe that you had positive LMO. If you have the previous experience also in sales and you got offer too in sales, the only reason I would imagine is that your company may had some layoffs during the course. Although this is the job of Service Canada to do all this but sometimes, CIC does Inquire about these things. But this is just my imagination.

GCMS will provide you all the details. The cases of temporary visas are too tangible, they can go either way.

Especially, in case of WP, we have to convince out intent to work in Canada and also, we have to say that we have to come back. There is no solid line to define the requirements and it is all in hands of VISA officee, how convinced he/she is with the facts provided by us.

I have learnt a lot from rejection of my wife's application.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I doubt it is due to company layoffs. It would refer to applicant proving he has experience required in the job posting. For example if it says anything about language proficiency you are wise to provide IeLTS results.

decentguy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Pippin said:
I doubt it is due to company layoffs. It would refer to applicant proving he has experience required in the job posting. For example if it says anything about language proficiency you are wise to provide IeLTS results.
can you tell me validity of LMO???

nikoli

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Any idea on what can be the additional documents they might be needing..

is it possible that they need docs after sending medical request..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Take the job posting and be sure you can show exactly how you have all the requirements of the position. Usually you need to have worked in that position for a substantial period of time (6-12 months I think) in past three years. For each requirement of the job you should show your abilities.

decentguy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
nikoli said:
Any idea on what can be the additional documents they might be needing..

is it possible that they need docs after sending medical request..
yes there is chances to ask for additional document

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
decentguy said:
can you tell me validity of LMO???
Date of validity should be on the LMO. Six months I think. This means you have to submit application before that date, not that visa has to be approved by then.

chintan_155

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
vishsang said:
Parthibanbalu 17/02/13
Jigar.sah 19/02/13
Jayjuat 20/02/13
blackbeauty_xxx 20/02/13
losinghope 03/01/13
sjoms 08/02/13

Guys, any update?
Mine is 06/02/2013 for OWP with supporting letter.
Still no update. Waiting for MRR.

Already crossed standard time line of 60 days. I raised Case Specific Inquiry also. Awaiting for reply.