+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ND Work Permit Processing Time since February 2012?

ankit.arora

Mar 30, 2013
Gauravk said:
Ankit,

When is your scheduled date of travel to Canada?
Did you get your passport back with the medical request? or just the documents?
Hi Gaurav,

Scheduled date of travel is not confirmed....It will depend on the date on which I will get my visa processed......but In the support letter submitted to embassy by my company, they had requested for grant of Workpermit from 15th March 2013 onwards.

Also, I didnt received my passport for medical. Just received one form and this form will be submitted back to the embassy by the doctor who has conducted the medical.

Gauravk

Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I don't know why they've been taking so much. They should speed up their process so that people like you are not stuck here, I hope you both get some response from the CHC very soon. The high commission is such a closed entitiy that there's no way we can penetrate. You can never know which stage your application is at, and other variables of the equation.

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Gaurav,

Rightly Said!!! I got my medical request in a proper order but after sending medicals on 06-Mar-2013, I didn't hear anything from them. I am getting lot of pressure from client as I have applied under ICT-WP criteria and waiting from past 4 months to get a VISA.

Gauravk

Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
deva reddy said:
Hi Gaurav,

Rightly Said!!! I got my medical request in a proper order but after sending medicals on 06-Mar-2013, I didn't hear anything from them. I am getting lot of pressure from client as I have applied under ICT-WP criteria and waiting from past 4 months to get a VISA.
Try sending a fax, or ask your attourney. I'm very sure he'd know of ways to counter such things whenever there is some delay of such kind.

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Gaurav,

We have sent a request letter to CHC on last Friday to expedite the process of applications as it is close to 4 months old and loosing lot of dollars by not sending the resource to CANADA on time. Hoping to get a VISA by this week as it is a declared holiday for them today.

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Sometimes i like the way USA visa works :D...On the spot, no waste of time and no false hopes :mad:...Either its there or not :p

ankit.arora

Mar 30, 2013
deva reddy said:
Hi Gaurav,

We have sent a request letter to CHC on last Friday to expedite the process of applications as it is close to 4 months old and loosing lot of dollars by not sending the resource to CANADA on time. Hoping to get a VISA by this week as it is a declared holiday for them today.
@Deva- Did u tried calling the medical center where u got ur medicals done?...They may give u the exact date when they submitted the reports to embassy....there could be a possibility that they might have delayed a bit in sending the reports....

Also, I am not sure whether application status in VFS website gets changed or not on receiving the medical reports

deva reddy

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Ankit,

When I completed my medicals with Medical Center, there was no e-medical. They sent the medical reports to Embassy and my company people sent the hard copy (given by Medical Center) to Embassy and got a confirmation from VFS stating that they handover my medicals to Embassy on 06-Mar-2013. There was an e-mail communication from Embassy that they didn't receive it, then I sent the soft copy of the medical report in the e-mail and got a confirmation from embassy on 11-May-2013 that it was forwarded to concerned department for necessary action.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
roop9 said:
Sometimes i like the way USA visa works :D...On the spot, no waste of time and no false hopes :mad:...Either its there or not :p
True.....and they give the dependent visa to Spouses along with your visa :)

CIC is very reluctant to issue Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor, Student, WP, TRV) to spouses of a Temporary Resident.
Tired now .......
For my wife ..3 months are approaching since she has filed the application. Next week, I will tell her to go to Chandigarh Visa office.

Gauravk

Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
Med's Request
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
deva reddy said:
Hi Ankit,

When I completed my medicals with Medical Center, there was no e-medical. They sent the medical reports to Embassy and my company people sent the hard copy (given by Medical Center) to Embassy and got a confirmation from VFS stating that they handover my medicals to Embassy on 06-Mar-2013. There was an e-mail communication from Embassy that they didn't receive it, then I sent the soft copy of the medical report in the e-mail and got a confirmation from embassy on 11-May-2013 that it was forwarded to concerned department for necessary action.
Considering that they recieved your medicals somewhere in april end, we can expect you to get the WP by may end or june 1st week. for sure.

Sep 4, 2012
Hi All,
My wife got her S-OWP approved last week.
Timelines :
Applied online Feb17th 2013
Medical Request Apr 25th 2013
Medicals sent Apr 26th 2013
Visa Approved May 10th 2013
Passport sent May 13th 2013
Passport received May 20th 2013

Thanks for all members here who helped in identifying the progress of applications.

All the best for everyone who are waiting for approval.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
parthibanbalu1 said:
Hi All,
My wife got her S-OWP approved last week.
Timelines :
Applied online Feb17th 2013
Medical Request Apr 25th 2013
Medicals sent Apr 26th 2013
Visa Approved May 10th 2013
Passport sent May 13th 2013
Passport received May 20th 2013

Thanks for all members here who helped in identifying the progress of applications.
Congratulations parthibanbalu.
Did your wife apply for owp-s as you are on WP or a student?

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@ saini84

Yeah...even I think its time you should ask your better half to go to Chandigarh embassy.
Have you try sending fax to Embassy?
Hope you get some news this week. Keeping fingers crossed!
Do let know if you see any progress in your application

roop9

Star Member
May 1, 2013
@ parthibanbalu1

Congratulations!! Good to hear from you.

Do share the type of visa . I mean was it Spousal based on your work permit or are you a student?