+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP: New Brunswick Skilled Workers Express Entry Category: Network Here

Addy2018i

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
O
No. You stand just as much a chance in provinces that accept EOIs from outland applicants who do not have Canadian job offers as any other. The minimum cut off score for PNP programs is usually 67.

For British Columbia, Newfoundland, Nunvuat (as far as I know) and Alberta you need to have job offer

The following provinces don't require job offers, but they have other criteria - the main is that your job NOC is on their in-demand list.

If you have a NOC that is in the in-demand list (and that's different for every province), then:
For Ontario you need a minimum CRS score of 400 to qualify for the OINP HCP stream, although last year they accepted those with scores as low as 350 - but it seems to have been a one-time thing. You can also try to qualify for the French Speaking stream but you need to have high French skills
For Manitoba you need to have a close/distant friend or relative who is a Canadian PR/citizen and living in Manitoba for a minimum of 1 year
For New Brunswick, you need to have a relative in NB, high French skills, worked in NB, or attended an info session in the past 24 months
For Nova Scotia, you can check the in-demand occupation list for Category B. However, Category B has opened only twice this year and closed within hours
For Prince Edward Island, you need to have an Express Entry profile. However, PEI PNP can be quite slow and when giving nominations, they prioritise those already living/working/studying in PEI

If after you meet all the above criteria, you have a score of 67 and above, then you have a chance to get PNP nomination

So I suggest, pick a province, and see if your job is in their in-demand occupations list, see the other required criteria to submit an EOI and then do whatever is necessary to meet those requirements so you can apply for PNP
Ok that means in nutshell 71 pts is the good score just i have to meet eligibility criteria...

NAM_AC

Nov 22, 2018
@NzKhn

Pretty awesome that you spend so much time assisting others. Question for you, reading through all the comments, you got your nomination by points and meeting the criteria of attending an info session? Have you obtained PR yet via the EE program with your nomination? I assume you are from SA?

I am currently employed in New Brunswick on a full-time job offer but on a Work Permit. I have 71 points and have a valid job offer and currently living and working in NB. I was just too late to submit my EOI :( So I hope they do take EOI's early in January again as I'm trying to obtain PR status as just having a work permit has a lot of limitations, so hopefully I can get lucky in 2019. Any advise you can give?

Good luck to all already in the pool and awaiting nominations.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
@NzKhn

Pretty awesome that you spend so much time assisting others. Question for you, reading through all the comments, you got your nomination by points and meeting the criteria of attending an info session? Have you obtained PR yet via the EE program with your nomination? I assume you are from SA?

I am currently employed in New Brunswick on a full-time job offer but on a Work Permit. I have 71 points and have a valid job offer and currently living and working in NB. I was just too late to submit my EOI :( So I hope they do take EOI's early in January again as I'm trying to obtain PR status as just having a work permit has a lot of limitations, so hopefully I can get lucky in 2019. Any advise you can give?

Good luck to all already in the pool and awaiting nominations.

Yes - I attended an info session in UAE in March 2018, submitted the EOI when the window opened in May, and received nomination from NBPNP end of July 2018. I am currently in the PR application process (you can check that timeline in my signature) - still awaiting the PPR email :) And yes, I'm South African

I would say you have a GREAT chance of getting NBPNP nomination as you are already working in NB! Congrats on that! :) Usually NBPNP sends you the ITA to submit your full application within 60 days of your EOI, and then around 6-8 weeks to send you a nomination. Your process might be faster (once you submit EOI), since you are on their Priority 1 list (working in NB). So hold tight until January, keep checking the website to see when they open again, make sure you have ALL the required documents for both EOI and Full Application, and submit as soon as they open!

All the best to you and I hope you will get that PNP nomination soon so you can move on to the PR stage!

P.S Question: Which city in NB do you stay in and what is your NOC?

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Fredericton is one of our choices of cities to settle in... could you give all of NBPNP nominees some ideas regarding Fredericton and NB as a whole? I mean in terms of living, working, etc.? It would be really beneficial to us to have some info first-hand from someone already living there!

Reactions: munif162

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Fredericton is one of our choices of cities to settle in... could you give all of NBPNP nominees some ideas regarding Fredericton and NB as a whole? I mean in terms of living, working, etc.? It would be really beneficial to us to have some info first-hand from someone already living there!
That would be really beneficial since many of us planning to move to Fredericton.

munif162

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Guys..... anybody here planning to further study in New brunswick university.....? tuition fee for a permanent resident should be lesser that international student ....right?

nextaviationminister

Nov 27, 2018
well. where you find a job will determine where you will settle in however if am to rate the top 3 cities
1. Moncton
2. frederiction
3. saint john

Reactions: Sunilsahu7

NAM_AC

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys
Sorry for the delay, was last week pretty occupied had to spend the week in Vancouver ^^. Fredericton is pretty small, not more than about 60 000 people here. But its an extremely beautiful town. It has everything you need, from big stores to movies, airport and the infrastructure is very well done.

If you think about a small town like Oudtshoorn in the cape region in SA, its the same size, but with way more to do and way better shops and all the amenities, you will need. Another good town is St. John, a bit bigger and more south, close to the US border, also Moncton. I think those are the 3 biggest towns in NB and the towns are small so don't expect super high jobs here, they are very limited and the average salaries are about 55-75K per annum.

Living costs are very low here compared to the rest of Canada, so it makes up for it. Cars and houses are EXTREMELY cheap from what I'm used to in SA. You pay for cars most of the time 0% interest over 70 months and houses are about 2.6%

If you are immigrating for the right reasons and especially have a young family I would absolutely would recommend NB!

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
@NAM_AC And seriously, thanks for all the info... this makes me happy... it's what I was hoping for from Canada in terms of living quality.... And hopefully both hubby and I will find jobs soon enough as we are both in IT

PS. NBPNP is currently accepting EOIs from those already living and working in NB.... SO SUBMIT YOUR EOI ASAP and all the best!!!!