+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

kulbirkaur

Apr 17, 2019
Australia
Hi i have got my Report today with
ETP AVERAGE CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR
61.43 % Somewhat Comparable
had applied today to CNO will see what they will say my ready for final was 5 March 2020 so nearly a month for to receive final report so have no idea what CNO will say
I had applied for NNAS on dec 2018 so have patience its not a easy process i am a peaditric nurse had my education in Australia and had 5 years of experience so best of luck to everyone

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey, is there anyone working on CAS now. I got CAS to submit but have some doubts. Plz help if anyone have idea and suggestions.
Thank you !

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
CAS or Competency Assessment Supplement is an essay addressing your competency gaps identified bu the CNO. You need to answer it based on your past nursing experiences.
Hello there, thanks for ur input in this subject. I have a doubt about CAS. Yes I read it in their website as well CAS should be done based on our past experience but still there is a lots of questions about RNAO of Ontario. So how we can say it’s about past experience as I am an internationally educated nurse and asked to complete CAS for RPN eligibility. I am totally confused if u have any idea please help me.
Thanks

Shong1013

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, i am the applicant and i am almost getting done and facing huge difficulties. I graduated in US and have active license in Kentucky. I got employed before I passed my nclex, and I was doing computer orientation for education purpose until I passed the board for about 3 weeks (I still got paid while taking online education on computer though).

nnas just asked me to submit provisional license, and the thing is I didn't have one back then since I didn't know I was supposed to have one(since I didn't start working back then) and hospital didn't ask for it either.

This section is only one left in my application, and mine is about to expire next month. I have no idea what to do..

Chidex12345

Feb 7, 2020
Hi, i am the applicant and i am almost getting done and facing huge difficulties. I graduated in US and have active license in Kentucky. I got employed before I passed my nclex, and I was doing computer orientation for education purpose until I passed the board for about 3 weeks (I still got paid while taking online education on computer though).

nnas just asked me to submit provisional license, and the thing is I didn't have one back then since I didn't know I was supposed to have one(since I didn't start working back then) and hospital didn't ask for it either.

This section is only one left in my application, and mine is about to expire next month. I have no idea what to do..
How about you get a note from the hospital that you were not working as a nurse but doing g computer training pending ur licensure. The letter will start the time u were employed, the period u did the online training and the time you actually started working on the floor as a nurse. That should help explain it. That's my own. Opinion

Chidex12345

Feb 7, 2020
How about you get a note from the hospital that you were not working as a nurse but doing g computer training pending ur licensure. The letter will start the time u were employed, the period u did the online training and the time you actually started working on the floor as a nurse. That should help explain it. That's my own. Opinion. It should be with hospitals letter head sent directly to nnas in the official envelope.

You can also email nnas to ask if a letter from the hospital for explanation will be okay.

Chidex12345

Feb 7, 2020
@Chidex12345 are you applying thought Ontario? They open emergency class registration to USA nurses is not a full licence but I think will help us for the process later when we get our NNAS reports and then applied to the college. I work in USA. let me know if you check it out.
i saw that the class is open for registration now . have you applied? but the license is only for 60 days. so what happens after 60 days? i'm confused about how it works. Are we applying for student visa or work visa to go over there? if we go over there and take the class and get license then what next? can someone explain to me how it works please? thanks

3ponceboy

Dec 31, 2018
@Chidex12345 is just a temporary license, it will expiry after 60 days, but I think having it means you have interest to work in Ontario and I notice to apply for the emergency licence they check your past employer and English level ( this verification's will expiry in one year so by the time I applied formal registration that verification's will be valid.

Chidex12345

Feb 7, 2020
@Chidex12345 is just a temporary license, it will expiry after 60 days, but I think having it means you have interest to work in Ontario and I notice to apply for the emergency licence they check your past employer and English level ( this verification's will expiry in one year so by the time I applied formal registration that verification's will be valid.
Ok. Thanks. But don't you have to attend the class to get the license? Meaning you will need visa to attend the class or am I getting it all wrong?

dream2211

May 5, 2018
Hi all, i have recently received my NNAS report and then applied to CNO for further registration. Now in my applicatio, i have couple of things outstanding like my nursing education and evidence of practice. But everything is lockdown at this time , so i wonder how am i going to provide these documents to CNO? Anybody in the same situation?

Reactions: Jhegel

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi all, i have recently received my NNAS report and then applied to CNO for further registration. Now in my applicatio, i have couple of things outstanding like my nursing education and evidence of practice. But everything is lockdown at this time , so i wonder how am i going to provide these documents to CNO? Anybody in the same situation?
I would ask CNO for an extension on the deadline.

kulbirkaur

Apr 17, 2019
Australia
Hi I am in the same situation as well I am not sure wether we have to provide what I know is that they will review and then they will decide what else they need

kulbirkaur

Apr 17, 2019
Australia
Does any one how the CNO works as after the report I had applied and hasn't heard anything and on the system shows outstanding with all like nursing education and experience and languages also what sort of information actually they need do we still wait until they go through the report

dream2211

May 5, 2018
Does any one how the CNO works as after the report I had applied and hasn't heard anything and on the system shows outstanding with all like nursing education and experience and languages also what sort of information actually they need do we still wait until they go through the report
I called them, they said it takes 6-8 weeks for the assesser to assess the application after you submit it and then they will let us know what is outstanding.

dream2211

May 5, 2018
I called them, they said it takes 6-8 weeks for the assesser to assess the application after you submit it and then they will let us know what is outstanding.
When did you apply?