+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi Canada11
I am in the same boat. I failed my osce and currently taking "Acedemic pathway for IEN" program from GBC. I have a question. If I pass this program, means I will be eligible to write NCLEX? I have already done my BscN from India and have completed my NNAS assessment and working as RPN.
Please Reply. Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe these courses are designed in such a way that if you pass them, CNO accepts that as having met education requirements. You are very very lucky to have been accepted into this program, so work your butt off. I wish you well!

Reactions: MapleLeafCan

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe these courses are designed in such a way that if you pass them, CNO accepts that as having met education requirements. You are very very lucky to have been accepted into this program, so work your butt off. I wish you well!
Thank you RN_001;
I just started this course. Lets put my all energy into it to get it through.

flavia18

Jan 26, 2019
Hii Guys,
I have completed my studies (bachelors and masters in Nursing) from India, currently working in Ireland as a staff nurse for more than 2 yrs, a total experience of 5 yrs, I have already forwarded my application to NNAS ,awaiting their advisory report, Im also awaiting my decision regarding PR through express entry. I would be grateful if anyone can answer my queries regarding nursing registration in Canada
1. which provincincal (province) nursing body is lenient in assessing the credentials, inorder to get the eligibility for Nclex
2. In the meantime, should I apply for LPN also, rather than just waiting for the regulatory bodies to assess my credentials for RN, as I want to start working as early as possible
3. are there any courses that can be attended by IEN's which will eventually bridge the competency gaps, until I wait for the decision from the regulatory bodies

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hii Guys,
I have completed my studies (bachelors and masters in Nursing) from India, currently working in Ireland as a staff nurse for more than 2 yrs, a total experience of 5 yrs, I have already forwarded my application to NNAS ,awaiting their advisory report, Im also awaiting my decision regarding PR through express entry. I would be grateful if anyone can answer my queries regarding nursing registration in Canada
1. which provincincal (province) nursing body is lenient in assessing the credentials, inorder to get the eligibility for Nclex
2. In the meantime, should I apply for LPN also, rather than just waiting for the regulatory bodies to assess my credentials for RN, as I want to start working as early as possible
3. are there any courses that can be attended by IEN's which will eventually bridge the competency gaps, until I wait for the decision from the regulatory bodies
1. No provincial nursing body is lenient
2. If your goal is to work as soon as possible, yes, apply for LPN also. It is very difficult to become a RN. Your NNAS Advisory Report will say "non-comparable" for RN but it may (no guarantee) say "somewhat comparable" for LPN.
3. You aren't able to attend any bridge courses without referral from the regulatory body. Wait lists are long and you must have received a letter from the regulatory body inviting you to take the course before you can register.

Bdimej

May 23, 2018
Hello
Pls I need some clarifications on the issue of work experience.I have read on this thread that nnas does not need your work experience.If that is the case what is the importance of the nursing employment form and section for work experience that we have to fill.
Just to be sure I understand this process and what lies ahead.

Thank you everyone.

flavia18

Jan 26, 2019
1. No provincial nursing body is lenient
2. If your goal is to work as soon as possible, yes, apply for LPN also. It is very difficult to become a RN. Your NNAS Advisory Report will say "non-comparable" for RN but it may (no guarantee) say "somewhat comparable" for LPN.
3. You aren't able to attend any bridge courses without referral from the regulatory body. Wait lists are long and you must have received a letter from the regulatory body inviting you to take the course before you can register.
thank you so much for your asisstance

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi am a registered general nurse in Ghana can I get nursing job over there please?
It will take you years, and it's very costly. You may have to take more courses as well. So please, please make sure that this is what you want before you start the process. Too many situations have ended in disappointment.

D.J.

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello,
I am an applicant and I received a letter from CNO stating that I have an education gap and to cover that part I have to take IENCAP ( 95 MCQ and OSCE) exam. and they give another option as well that I can go for further study if I don't want to give this exam.
I have no idea what to do next if anyone can help me with that.

rintojoseph

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
Med's Request
waiting...
Hi,
Can anyone please help me to fill out the application.

In the employer form,what the employer should write for patient population?
Thanks

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
I am an applicant and I received a letter from CNO stating that I have an education gap and to cover that part I have to take IENCAP ( 95 MCQ and OSCE) exam. and they give another option as well that I can go for further study if I don't want to give this exam.
I have no idea what to do next if anyone can help me with that.
Study like crazy and do the IENCAP. I wouldn't recommend choosing taking further studies if you haven't attempted this exam. Because it would be a shame if you waited for a year or more to get into the required courses and do all of that work, when you could have just done the exam and passed. Then if you don't pass the IENCAP, you can go the schooling route. Just don't want to sell yourself short.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hi Canada11
I am in the same boat. I failed my osce and currently taking "Acedemic pathway for IEN" program from GBC. I have a question. If I pass this program, means I will be eligible to write NCLEX? I have already done my BscN from India and have completed my NNAS assessment and working as RPN.
Please Reply. Thanks.
Currently I am in "Academic pathway for IEN" program from GBC as well. After the completion , GBC send the file to CNO to consider if you are eligible for Nursing License. If Yes , then NCLEX, otherwise go to Ryerson University.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
A little correction RN_001.

This course is designed as prerequisite to get admission in BSN. Although, after completion of 16 courses of Academic Pathway your file goes to CNO and they MAY decide you to grant license.

Getting admission in this program is not tough.

Reactions: RN_0001