+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Cpp2

Jan 31, 2019
Good day!

Im a newbie here. I have a question regarding my application to cno. Cno requested only JD from my previous employer then they received it 1st week of January 2019. Then I took the nclex exam and luckily I passed last Jan16 2019, heres my question my safe practice will expire this February 3, do I need to have a bridging course for nursing since I’m already expired? Or do I still okay since I passed my nclex before the safe practice?

On my online board at cno it’s just my JD waiting for the result for verification othen than that I met all other requirements.

Hoping for you guys respond! It drives me crazy waiting for it.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Good day everyone!
I would like to know or anyone from here have the same situation.
I applied to NNAS for both RN and RPN a couple of months ago.they have received all my documents and it’s ready for evaluation.I completed my Nursing Education in the Philippines.
I have US Nclex-RN and LPN and worked in the US for more than 14years as an RN.Is there any luck for comparable from the CNO?or they would ask for more exams or courses etc,I’m just a bit nervous here because going to school for 2 years or more is really hard for me at this time
Thank you for any reply or perhaps any nurses there who might have understanding pertaining to this situation.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
I am in same boat as you are. I am currently working as RN in USA but due to longer delays in application processing by CNO I am applying for both RPN and RN.

For my RPN application so far I have received following communication in messages from them:

1) Jurisprudence exam link
2) Message stating I am eligible for CPRNE
3) Job Description document required from my employer. In the message it was also mentioned currently they are processing application in queue as of April 2018.

Therefore, I am assuming that it will take 6 months to get to my file.

My next steps would be to see what they say for my RN application as I have already taken NCLEX-RN. If the steps they provide me to do has similar timeline as RPN i will try to fulfill RN steps first before registering myself for CPRNE
Hi,I think we are in the same situation,how is it going now?did you hear any feedback to your RN yet?Did you know if we need to sit for RPN exams if you have already Nclex LPN too?thank you.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Good day everyone!
I would like to know or anyone from here have the same situation.
I applied to NNAS for both RN and RPN a couple of months ago.they have received all my documents and it’s ready for evaluation.I completed my Nursing Education in the Philippines.
I have US Nclex-RN and LPN and worked in the US for more than 14years as an RN.Is there any luck for comparable from the CNO?or they would ask for more exams or courses etc,I’m just a bit nervous here because going to school for 2 years or more is really hard for me at this time
Thank you for any reply or perhaps any nurses there who might have understanding pertaining to this situation.
Your nursing education won't be deemed equivalent but CNO is likely to request information from your US employer about your job description and the work you do there. They will provide the documents so don't go ahead and gather this information yourself. They are likely to request this for them to review and decide whether the work you do is enough to prove that you have the competence and skills of a Canadian educated new graduate nurse.

Reactions: Mathel1216

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Your nursing education won't be deemed equivalent but CNO is likely to request information from your US employer about your job description and the work you do there. They will provide the documents so don't go ahead and gather this information yourself. They are likely to request this for them to review and decide whether the work you do is enough to prove that you have the competence and skills of a Canadian educated new graduate nurse.

tin03

Feb 2, 2019
Hi there,
I just have a question regarding NNAS application.
I am a nurse in Philippines and now currently working as a caregiver here in Canada under Live-in caregiver program with 2 years contract.
My question is can I apply in NNAS even I am under working visa?

thank you

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Hi there,
I just have a question regarding NNAS application.
I am a nurse in Philippines and now currently working as a caregiver here in Canada under Live-in caregiver program with 2 years contract.
My question is can I apply in NNAS even I am under working visa?

thank you
Hi,yes you can I know lots of nurses from our country applied to NNAS and there’s no problem even if still under contract,From where are you in Canada?let’s connect email me @(mathel1216@yahoo.com)
So I can update you my journey to NNAS and CNO..

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi. .
Its been 2 weeks my documents ready for review . How much time will be taken
There are people who have waited 6 months after the status changed to "ready for review". There have also been people who have had this status, and then all of a sudden NNAS decides they dont have all the documents they need and they say they need more before they can start the review. It's a circus.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Hi. .
Its been 2 weeks my documents ready for review . How much time will be taken
Hi ,to be honest ?better to call NNAS and find out , anyway no one here can tell the exact date we are all on the same situation but others are nice to share their experiences and thoughts.

tin03

Feb 2, 2019
Hi,yes you can I know lots of nurses from our country applied to NNAS and there’s no problem even if still under contract,From where are you in Canada?let’s connect email me @(mathel1216@yahoo.com)
So I can update you my journey to NNAS and CNO..
thank you!!!
I am in Richmond, is it possible to apply in Ontario?

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
It also happened to me though am not from India. They want to know if you were using temporary license or who authorized you to work with out your permanent license. You can still call them
Thanks for your reply.i called them already.They ask me to ask my employer to submit letter stating how they allowed me to work without registeration..As u said u had same situation.can u just tell me what u did for same?what result u got after?

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I'm new here. I just want to share my experience with NNAS.
Well, I first applied in Jan 2017 but only completed my file in July 2017. I had several problems with my documents, since the mail post office losing it, until the College of Nurse back home filling my forms wrong. Anyway, around August my status changed to Ready for Evaluation, after the 6 longest months of my life (it is hard to believe, but it is true) NNAS told me I needed to send more information. NNAS waited until my expire date was right in the corner to tell me the College of Nurse and the University in my country needed to send additional documentation. I was so hopeless after this event, and honestly even thought about the possibility of giving up and doing something else specially because I'm already in Canada and haven't worked as a nurse for a long time.
Making a long story short, I payed the fee, send the missing information and now I'm waiting for the report. My status changed to 'Ready for Review' and now just waiting.
Hi,how is the process going on?did you successfully completed it?