+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Your nursing education won't be deemed equivalent but CNO is likely to request information from your US employer about your job description and the work you do there. They will provide the documents so don't go ahead and gather this information yourself. They are likely to request this for them to review and decide whether the work you do is enough to prove that you have the competence and skills of a Canadian educated new graduate nurse.
Hi RN_0001.i just have a question which I didn’t get an answer from my previous inquiry?If you already passed NCLEX -LPN in US do you still sit and take RPN exam in Ontario?thank you

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi RN_0001.i just have a question which I didn’t get an answer from my previous inquiry?If you already passed NCLEX -LPN in US do you still sit and take RPN exam in Ontario?thank you
I'm not sure. I only know about RN stuff. And if you did NCLEX-RN in the US you don't have to do it again in Canada.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
I'm not sure. I only know about RN stuff. And if you did NCLEX-RN in the US you don't have to do it again in Canada.
Thank you dear for your reply,I’m just having second thought of moving if just in case I need to workout for my RN first ,because my education was done in the Philippines and only my RN experiences is from the US.right now I’m here in Ontario(on vacation) just got married to a Canadian ,and I’m scared if I moved here what work am I gonna do right away?thats why I’m asking LPN,my husband can’t moved with me in NJ because of his jobit is really a big decision that’s why I started NNAS.and I’m so thankful that I found this forum

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you dear for your reply,I’m just having second thought of moving if just in case I need to workout for my RN first ,because my education was done in the Philippines and only my RN experiences is from the US.right now I’m here in Ontario(on vacation) just got married to a Canadian ,and I’m scared if I moved here what work am I gonna do right away?thats why I’m asking LPN,my husband can’t moved with me in NJ because of his jobit is really a big decision that’s why I started NNAS.and I’m so thankful that I found this forum
You can try to get a license as RPN/LPN, but you might end up working as a Personal Service Worker (PSW) in the interim.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
You can try to get a license as RPN/LPN, but you might end up working as a Personal Service Worker (PSW) in the interim.
Awe,this is not my dream lol,I’m just having hard time to decide but I emailed CNO regarding this LPN (I will wait for their reply).Its just good to know all this stuff before I made the decision to move in Ontario..thanks RN_0001 I appreciate your reply.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Awe,this is not my dream lol,I’m just having hard time to decide but I emailed CNO regarding this LPN (I will wait for their reply).Its just good to know all this stuff before I made the decision to move in Ontario..thanks RN_0001 I appreciate your reply.
I doubt CNO will respond. They never do. We don't have LPN in Ontario. It's RPN. I wish you well, I hope you are able to decide. It's tough, and it's very tough to become a licensed Internationally Educated Nurse in Canada.

HMich

Feb 11, 2019
Hi to all. I’m just a newbie in the thread and in the NNAS application. I already downloaded the required docs to be forwarded( school,employment,registration) but I have doubts because I have two applications at the same time RN and LPN so I have 2 different forms in each sections with the same personal info but with different application #. Please enlighten me, can I just send only one form to them which is the RN forms? So I could be able to save some pennies for this part,as I am thinking two forms for each means double the expenses . TIA and Godbless.

Mathel1216

Jan 31, 2019
Hi to all. I’m just a newbie in the thread and in the NNAS application. I already downloaded the required docs to be forwarded( school,employment,registration) but I have doubts because I have two applications at the same time RN and LPN so I have 2 different forms in each sections with the same personal info but with different application #. Please enlighten me, can I just send only one form to them which is the RN forms? So I could be able to save some pennies for this part,as I am thinking two forms for each means double the expenses . TIA and Godbless.
Hi HMich,I think I can share with you what I have done,I actually have an RN on the first application paid them and downloaded the forms after that I signed for another nursing group which is the LPN,I called and asked NNAS if I would need to send all the forms to school/registrations etc with both nursing groups and they said “there’s no need since they have all your information already “so one goes and applied to both nursing groups since it is still within the period (not expired yet)

HMich

Feb 11, 2019
Hi HMich,I think I can share with you what I have done,I actually have an RN on the first application paid them and downloaded the forms after that I signed for another nursing group which is the LPN,I called and asked NNAS if I would need to send all the forms to school/registrations etc with both nursing groups and they said “there’s no need since they have all your information already “so one goes and applied to both nursing groups since it is still within the period (not expired yet)
Thanks for sharing your experience Mathel1216 but mine is different, I already paid for both RN/LPN the other day and would like to process my papers and that I am confused of about the documents to be submitted to (school,registration &employment) if two separate forms for RN and RPN should I pass or only one is enough for both and would choose the RN forms. Hope someone could help me regarding this matter.

Dothraki

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience Mathel1216 but mine is different, I already paid for both RN/LPN the other day and would like to process my papers and that I am confused of about the documents to be submitted to (school,registration &employment) if two separate forms for RN and RPN should I pass or only one is enough for both and would choose the RN forms. Hope someone could help me regarding this matter.
Your application is linked to the NNAS ID. The application number changes because of the payment. You can send any of the forms you can choose one as the content and the requirements remain the same. When you apply even for multiple provinces you will have multiple application number but one NNAS ID. I have confirmed with NNAS but if you would like to contact them and check you could. Their contact number is
Toll Free:
(855) 977-1898 (If you have Skype you can call this number for free, by dialing 18559771898)
Tel: +1 (215) 349-9370

HMich

Feb 11, 2019
Your application is linked to the NNAS ID. The application number changes because of the payment. You can send any of the forms you can choose one as the content and the requirements remain the same. When you apply even for multiple provinces you will have multiple application number but one NNAS ID. I have confirmed with NNAS but if you would like to contact them and check you could. Their contact number is
Toll Free: (855) 977-1898 (If you have Skype you can call this number for free, by dialing 18559771898)
Tel: +1 (215) 349-9370
Thank you so much for the info. It helps alot.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hi All,

I have submitted my application to CNO and currently working in USA for more than 2 years. I have submitted to them my job description with roles & responsibilities and they have marked requirements met for evidence of practice in the application status.

However, the language proficiency requirement is still unmet. I was under the impression that once they received the letter from my US employer they will waive the language requirement as the primary mode of language here is English.

Has any one applied for Language proficiency waiver with CNO? Is there a template for reference letter that i can submit to get that requirement waived?

Appreciate your help

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
NNAS report states:

SUMMARY STATEMENT Based on curricular performance analysis at the ETP level, the education this applicant received is deemed Comparable to that of a Canadian Educated RN. This determination does not necessarily denote full comparability for each dimension. For details on the findings, see Section B3.

But DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS has 'somewhat comparable'

???

TIA guys

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
NNAS report states:

SUMMARY STATEMENT Based on curricular performance analysis at the ETP level, the education this applicant received is deemed Comparable to that of a Canadian Educated RN. This determination does not necessarily denote full comparability for each dimension. For details on the findings, see Section B3.

But DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS has 'somewhat comparable'

???

TIA guys
what country did you receive your nursing education in ?