+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

TeeUk

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

I'm glad to be here as I would be able to learn from others. Has anyone here applied from the UK. I'm a newly qualified UK trained nurse with 10 months work experience. My family is planning on relocating to Canada Aug 2019. I'm thinking of starting the NNAS process now since it will take a long time I have called NNAS to find out if I can apply with 10months work experience and the lady I said with said yes saying they advise based on qualification and not work experience. I'm planning to apply for both LPN and RN. I would appreciate your advise and comments please.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi,

I'm glad to be here as I would be able to learn from others. Has anyone here applied from the UK. I'm a newly qualified UK trained nurse with 10 months work experience. My family is planning on relocating to Canada Aug 2019. I'm thinking of starting the NNAS process now since it will take a long time I have called NNAS to find out if I can apply with 10months work experience and the lady I said with said yes saying they advise based on qualification and not work experience. I'm planning to apply for both LPN and RN. I would appreciate your advise and comments please.
yes, apply now. work experience has nothing to do with NNAS.

Michael0lee

Sep 20, 2018
Hello guys,

Can you help me with regards to NNAS application, I’m currently in bridging course program here in Canada. This is my 1st week here in Canada, I found out that I should apply for NNAS to become LPN or RN here unfortunately I’m worried pretty worried because upon filling out the forms from NNAS i should have at least work experience within the last 5 years.

I graduated last 2007

Work experience between 2008 to 2011.

Please guys I need your opinions

Thanks

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello guys,

Can you help me with regards to NNAS application, I’m currently in bridging course program here in Canada. This is my 1st week here in Canada, I found out that I should apply for NNAS to become LPN or RN here unfortunately I’m worried pretty worried because upon filling out the forms from NNAS i should have at least work experience within the last 5 years.

I graduated last 2007

Work experience between 2008 to 2011.

Please guys I need your opinions

Thanks
Which bridging program are you in? Nurses don't normally get into nursing bridging programs without going through NNAS first. Some colleges like Niagara College have programs that lead international students to believe you can be a nurse after but it's not true.

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Can someone please give an insight/ answer my questions and possibly allay our fears
My wife has a Bsc nursing from Nigeria and also an RN with about 8 years experience. I've also gone through this thread extensively to see the bottlenecks pol face with nnas evaluation and subsequent ones. Currently I'm afraid we won't have that patience of not knowing what happens wt her application and have decided to pursue an accelerated Bsc nursing program in Uof T or UofA( depending on which one is successful as she is qualified and the program is just below 24 months. I'm sponsoring her for PR and her copr should be ready in about a month time.
My question: would this be a wise decision? Are there people that completed their licensing process in 2 years ( nnas etc). Kindly advise us. Tnx

Triwo

Nov 9, 2018
Hi everyone! I am a registered nurse in India still continuing my job.. I am planning to apply for NNAS while my spousal sponsorship visa application is in process. I have a very big problem with my name. My name on educational certificates doesn’t have my Sir name mentioned while in passport it’s there. Is there anyone with the same problem? M afraid it’s going to add lot of trouble to the already lengthy n stringent NNAS process.

Kellen

Nov 16, 2018
Hi, I also need to take the BCN bridging course at MRU. How long have you been waiting? I wasn't able to apply at all since winter and fall sems for next year were already full.
I've applied for the first time in October 2017. I was not accepted not for Winter and not for Fall semesters(2018). I've applied again this October for 2019 semesters and was not accepted for Winter 2019.
What do you mean you were not able to apply? Did they tell you that?

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Thanks for the infos
Hi, I could give you my a timeline of my application and an insight if u don't mind. I applied for NNAS evaluation both for RN and LPN last 2016. The NNAS Report will be available within a year, this is highly dependent on how fast you send all the needed documents (Proof of Identification, Educational Credentials and Employment Credential, etc.). Mine took 8 months,, since I was overseas back then and I can't directly process my credentials from school and the Nursing Board back in the Philippines. And of course, obtain an Academic IELTS.
Afterwhich, the NNAS Results are forwarded to the RN Nursing Board of the Canadian Province she chooses (I had mine sent to Alberta). The NNAS Results will be assessed within 1-3 months (dependent again on the Province) and they'll inform her if her credentials are sufficient enough to proceed with the NCLEX Canada (wootwooow ;)). If not though, she will be advised to take the OSCE exam which will in turn give her the pass to take NCLEX or take a bridging course. It is kinda long winded and an expensive process.
My friend in Ontario was able to get her RN license within 2 years, without taking a bridging course since she was able to pass the OSCE exam.

Kellen

Nov 16, 2018
Nah, the winter and fall sem was just full so I couldn’t apply at MRU at all. I received the letter from CARNA 1st week of November. By then all the slots we’re filled up. I have no idea the BCN course is in high demand. I hope I could get in for 2020 though. It’s a long wait. Do you know if they prioritize the waiting list who we’re not able to go in during their previously applications?
They said to me once that they take students on first come first serve basis. Which means the applicants that managed to apply first will be accepted first. However, sometimes they ask the registration department to take the applicants that were trying to apply for several times.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi, Applying for both at the same time is actually a good idea as it is much cheaper and they will be assessing the same credentials anyway. Your experience do matter. I worked in SG for 5 years as an Enrolled Nurse (same as LPN) and the nursing board allowed me to take the CPNRE exam. My RN application is however a different story.
But it doesn't matter for the actual NNAS assessment. NNAS does not assess based on any criteria related to work experience. Only based on education.

Believe08

Sep 13, 2018
Hiii to everyone
I would like to know more about Jurisprudence exam . Is there anyone can help with this please. What kind of questions that we could expect. Is it too tough to pass. How to prepare for this exam. Please give more info who ever passed this test . It will be a great help..Thank you so much to everyone . sharing and caring.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hiii to everyone
I would like to know more about Jurisprudence exam . Is there anyone can help with this please. What kind of questions that we could expect. Is it too tough to pass. How to prepare for this exam. Please give more info who ever passed this test . It will be a great help..Thank you so much to everyone . sharing and caring.
It's an open-book exam. It is the easiest exam involved in this whole licensing process, in the sense that it is open-book and if you read the materials ahead of time and use common sense, you will be successful.