+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

aquaries1287

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
QSW
Hello friends. M new here. Please advise me for the process as i know very little. I have filled the online nnas form and did payment yesterdsy. What will happen next? My qualification is bsc nursing from india and msc in nursing and health care from united kingdom. Please guide!

starry2nite

Oct 7, 2010
My time frame is pretty long and different to others. I started with CNO instead of NNAS.
However CNO asked me to submit JD in Dec,2016
recevied the osce letter in June,2017
registered for the test in Sep,2017
and had the test in Jan,2018.

Hi Mli,

I am an IEN from India and have received my NNAS report. I am planning to submit my CNO application this week.

How long did it take the CNO to reply you back with the permmission to do OSCE?

Did you register for the same?

Thanks

Last edited:

starry2nite

Oct 7, 2010
Finally got IENCAP result today. I could not make up as I scored 3.16 out of required 3.5 :( .... Now back to school !!!

Hi! Canada11
Have you started taking any courses
so far?
I was reading the old thread and you had the osec in Jan, right?
Can you share what courses are you gonna take? Or taking now?
I am going to take some courses from Online universtiy.

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
No she does not require an additional license. These jobs are considered transferable skills jobs where her RN training will suffice. I know of recruiting agencies through emploi Quebec. I am not sure about Toronto.
I will advise her though to apply to PASS4NURSES. It's a branch of CARE center for graduate nurses outside Canada. They are based in Toronto. They help with job related matters.
We are based in INDIA- CNO just sent an email. Could you please advise what next step... We dont have any knowledge of this exam..

1. Is this link activate the account to give exam.
2. do we get time to prepare for the exam. ( any help to give and prepare for this exam)
3. we are in India do we have to give exam from India

Please advise.
CNO Jurisprudence Examination** Please activate your account /

You are receiving this e-mail as an applicant to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). Our records indicate that you are required to complete the CNO's jurisprudence examination as part of your application for registration with the College. Please use the following link to activate your account on the CNO Jurisprudence Examination website.

Link to activate your account........................XXX.........
o avoid any issues with accessing your account, consider activating it within 24 hours even if you are not going to write your jurisprudence exam right away.

If you miss this 24-hour window, you can receive a new activation link by completing the following steps:

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi
Just apply to the nursing board you want to go to they have the ultimate decision and take it from there they will tell you what u need to be a licensed nurse my take more courses but they will also factor in Ur nursing experience so don't give up hope.
Could you please help me on this

We are based in INDIA- CNO just sent an email. Could you please advise what next step... We dont have any knowledge of this exam..

2. do we get time to prepare for the exam. ( any help to give and prepare for this exam)

Please advise.

You are receiving this e-mail as an applicant to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). Our records indicate that you are required to complete the CNO's jurisprudence examination as part of your application for registration with the College. Please use the following link to activate your account on the CNO Jurisprudence Examination website.

o avoid any issues with accessing your account, consider activating it within 24 hours even if you are not going to write your jurisprudence exam right away.

If you miss this 24-hour window, you can receive a new activation link by completing the following steps:

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
No she does not require an additional license. These jobs are considered transferable skills jobs where her RN training will suffice. I know of recruiting agencies through emploi Quebec. I am not sure about Toronto.
I will advise her though to apply to PASS4NURSES. It's a branch of CARE center for graduate nurses outside Canada. They are based in Toronto. They help with job related matters.
could you please help

Please advise.

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
could you please help /

Please advise.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
My time frame is pretty long and different to others. I started with CNO instead of NNAS.
However CNO asked me to submit JD in Dec,2016
recevied the osce letter in June,2017
registered for the test in Sep,2017
and had the test in Jan,2018.
You didn't get an Advisory Report from NNAS at all? You didn't get assessed by NNAS?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
D
Hi! Canada11
Have you started taking any courses
so far?
I was reading the old thread and you had the osec in Jan, right?
Can you share what courses are you gonna take? Or taking now?
I am going to take some courses from Online universtiy.

Don't take any courses until CNO has instructed you to do so. Most courses are not accepted by them (unless it is a course that they have said they will accept, and they have said it in writing) and you will waste time and money taking courses you think will help towards registration but they won't.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016

Please advise.

You can prepare by reading the nursing standards and the other things suggested by CNO. You can do the exam online. You don't need to be in Canada. This exam is no big deal. Being invited to take it doesn't mean anything in terms of the progress of your registration. It's just an exam that all Internationally Educated Nurses have to do as a condition of licensing. You can pass this exam and in the end they might deem your education non-comparable. But in the end if you want a license this is one step.

Reactions: nebahl84

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
You can prepare by reading the nursing standards and the other things suggested by CNO. You can do the exam online. You don't need to be in Canada. This exam is no big deal. Being invited to take it doesn't mean anything in terms of the progress of your registration. It's just an exam that all Internationally Educated Nurses have to do as a condition of licensing. You can pass this exam and in the end they might deem your education non-comparable. But in the end if you want a license this is one step.
thank you.

starry2nite

Oct 7, 2010
I took OSCE test in Jan and got the result
in April.
I’ve contacted a few schools which are george brown college, mohawk college, fanshawe college, St. Xavier university, ahtabasca university and Trent university.
I’m going to take some courses from St.Xavier university.

D

Don't take any courses until CNO has instructed you to do so. Most courses are not accepted by them (unless it is a course that they have said they will accept, and they have said it in writing) and you will waste time and money taking courses you think will help towards registration but they won't.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I took OSCE test in Jan and got the result
in April.
I’ve contacted a few schools which are george brown college, mohawk college, fanshawe college, St. Xavier university, ahtabasca university and Trent university.
I’m going to take some courses from St.Xavier university.
Have you talked to anyone at CNO to see if these courses will be approved to meet the competencies that you still have not met through OSCE? I wouldn't take any courses until I have done so. You run the risk of CNO saying "sorry, that course doesn't meet our requirements".