+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

MitchMoyo

Aug 7, 2017
Hello, is there anybody waiting for placement at Mount Royal? Maybe we can cooperate with each other and ask CARNA to allow Grant MacEwan to offer their bridging course to us. Please kindly send me a message if you are interested.
I applied both at the same time mount royal is always full two years now. I'm @ MacEwan now but have only managed to do one course they struggle to run them because not enough students enril

kay2chris

Jan 30, 2018
Hey guys. So I got my NNAS report today and it said 36.85% and it's not comparable, but I still can go ahead and apply to the Province. Has anyone gotten a report like that? Need some feed back pls.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hey guys. So I got my NNAS report today and it said 36.85% and it's not comparable, but I still can go ahead and apply to the Province. Has anyone gotten a report like that? Need some feed back pls.
Yes being able to apply to the province doesn't mean anything. Everyone can apply once they have received their Advisory Report from NNAS, no matter whether they have met the education requirement or not. They want your money before they tell you what you need to do next. If you read all of the posts on this thread you will see what happens next. They will require you to either provide nursing job description information, or take an exam that has a written component and a practical component.

Reactions: canada11

kay2chris

Jan 30, 2018
Yes being able to apply to the province doesn't mean anything. Everyone can apply once they have received their Advisory Report from NNAS, no matter whether they have met the education requirement or not. They want your money before they tell you what you need to do next. If you read all of the posts on this thread you will see what happens next. They will require you to either provide nursing job description information, or take an exam that has a written component and a practical component.
Thank you. Can't wait to see what's next. Do you have any idea of how much is the payment?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
My advisory report is not comparable but i applied anyway. I applied to CARNA in alberta and i took what is called the ARNAP. Last month, they advised me to take courses at Mount Royal University.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning all,
I have a question about CPNRE coaching . Would you guys know if Care4nursing is any good for CPNRE review.
I have contacted few private tutors and one private college , they seems to be expensive ($2000) however , Care4nurses fee is 475 and 10 classes.
We are in Brampton . Please let us know if ok to process with Care4Nurse or any other tutor if you guys know.

Thanks

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Yes... CNO has given eligibility for NCLEX -RN and they asked for Jurisprudence as well so cleared jurisprudence and now preparing for NCLEX...
Hi how to clear jurisprudence exam i have given and got thetresult fail. How prepare been india we have different way of working.. Please advise

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
She already has a BScN from India. She has to do a 4 yrs bachelors degree again in Canada to get an RN?

It is possible that she will have to do a 4 year degree in Canada to become an RN. But, it depends. She has to have her education assessed by NNAS ($650 USD) and it is 99% likely that they will state that her education is "non-comparable" to a Canadian nursing education (I was educated in the US and my education was also deemed non-comparable, although about one year after my education was assessed they made changes and now most US degrees are comparable or somewhat comparable").
If her education is deemed non-comparable, she will still apply to the licensing body (let's use Ontario as an example). CNO, as the licensing body, will either: a) ask her to submit proof of recent nursing work experience (must be within the past 3 years) and job descriptions. From there they will decide it suffices or that the applicant needs to prove more (this is the most likely outcome with nursing work experience from India).
b) ask her to register for the IENCAP ($500 CAD) and successfully complete that exam. It is difficult to get a seat in the exam and can take around 4 months to get a seat and about 6 months until the exam date. (Even with a US education, I had to do this exam).
If she is successful with the IENCAP exam then they will review her courses from India and together with the courses and the IENCAP results, determine if she is eligible to write NCLEX-RN, which is the national licensing exam. Then if she passes this exam, and meets the other criteria (completion of Jurisprudence exam, proof of english proficiency, proof of citizenship or permanent residency, criminal reference check and health fitness to be a nurse), she can apply to CNO for a license.

Is there no way to use the Indian BScN to get admission for Canadian MScN or MN?
Nursing programs are entirely separate from licensing and having a MScN will not automatically allow your cousin to become a Registered Nurse.
Each school varies in terms of their admission requirements and it is highly unlikely they would accept a nursing degree from India when they have so many applicants who have nursing degrees from Canada.

* I should add that if she does not pass IENCAP (you can only do the exam once) or if after reviewing her IENCAP results and her coursework from India, the CNO decides it's not enough to meet Canadian nursing competencies, they can ask her to take some courses (this would occur only if she did poorly in a few specific nursing competencies) or ask her to take her entire degree over again in Canada.
Just to clarify .....
My wife is nurse in India.and have ten years experience.. Nnas replied studies non comparable. Cno result is awaited.

We r thinking to move to Canada via pr in Sept. Please advise without cno reply can she give IENCAP exam. And is there a classes for to clear this exam In toronto.

Or we should wait fro cno reply.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Just to clarify .....
My wife is nurse in India.and have ten years experience.. Nnas replied studies non comparable. Cno result is awaited.

We r thinking to move to Canada via pr in Sept. Please advise without cno reply can she give IENCAP exam. And is there a classes for to clear this exam In toronto.

Or we should wait fro cno reply.
In my opinion it's a bad idea to move to Canada in a few months if her education is non-comparable and CNO hasn't responded yet. It is very likely that CNO will respond saying that she needs to go back to school and take the bridging program, which takes over a year to get into. Or, they could say she has to provide information on her nursing work experience and that will be much easier to gather if you are in India (some people have had issues getting the documentation from their workplace/former workplace without going there in person to request it). Also, she will not be able to work as a nurse here without a license. If she has had a 3 year break from nursing in her home country, they won't even count her nursing experience. She will have to go back to school and take the whole 4 year nursing program again in Canada. It could take a long time for her to get a license so I wouldn't want to take the risk of that 3 year time period running out. It is possible they will ask her to do IENCAP but that might not be for a while and it takes a while to get a spot in the exam and also to study for it. Depending on your financial situation, it would be very difficult to wait in Canada and pay to live in Canada while waiting for her license, especially if you haven't even heard from CNO yet.

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
It's been 3 weeks and i still have not heard back from CNO after I sent and paid for my application. :( Is anyone on the same boat?
My report is non comparable .. They ask to give judice exam
In my opinion it's a bad idea to move to Canada in a few months if her education is non-comparable and CNO hasn't responded yet. It is very likely that CNO will respond saying that she needs to go back to school and take the bridging program, which takes over a year to get into. Or, they could say she has to provide information on her nursing work experience and that will be much easier to gather if you are in India (some people have had issues getting the documentation from their workplace/former workplace without going there in person to request it). Also, she will not be able to work as a nurse here without a license. If she has had a 3 year break from nursing in her home country, they won't even count her nursing experience. She will have to go back to school and take the whole 4 year nursing program again in Canada. It could take a long time for her to get a license so I wouldn't want to take the risk of that 3 year time period running out. It is possible they will ask her to do IENCAP but that might not be for a while and it takes a while to get a spot in the exam and also to study for it. Depending on your financial situation, it would be very difficult to wait in Canada and pay to live in Canada while waiting for her license, especially if you haven't even heard from CNO yet.
I really dont understand Canada is one of the best country to live, and they dont have transparency in terms of CNO and NNAS. i have ready almost 157 pages of this forum. but not a single person is happy.. People are sacrificing their jobs in their home country, to make their life better but its seems completely opposite.

She can study or take loan when we are in canada. the main issue which you have said... when she have a gap of 3 years in her practice then CNO will say take a complete course, this is insane.

I am thinking come with my wife to canada take PR after staying for 2months or so.. then she can come back and continue with her job till the time CNO give the clearance. any suggestion.