+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

starry2nite

Oct 7, 2010
Yeah. I know that’s quite risky
why don’t CNO let us know which one is approved one?
I got so confused and furious at them at first.
Just wait what cno is going to say? :(
No schools tell me this is an approved by cno.
Care centre told my friend some one who took some courses from that school got the rn registration.

Have you talked to anyone at CNO to see if these courses will be approved to meet the competencies that you still have not met through OSCE? I wouldn't take any courses until I have done so. You run the risk of CNO saying "sorry, that course doesn't meet our requirements".

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hi! Canada11
Have you started taking any courses
so far?
I was reading the old thread and you had the osec in Jan, right?
Can you share what courses are you gonna take? Or taking now?
I am going to take some courses from Online universtiy.

I have three options in order of preference

1. 20 months BSN IEN from York University : Course starting in Jan 2019. curently they are accepting application
2. 2 year online competency gaps from http://rncompetencies.ca/ : Currently they are accepting applications fro Sep 2018 . Still not 100% sure if CNO accepts it or not as language for acceptance is quite vague in it
3. Academic Pathway for IEN Graduate Certificate from George Brown College: completion of it allows you take admission in 2 year Post-Diploma Degree Program in Nursing to earn BScN from Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yeah. I know that’s quite risky
why don’t CNO let us know which one is approved one?
I got so confused and furious at them at first.
Just wait what cno is going to say? :(
No schools tell me this is an approved by cno.
Care centre told my friend some one who took some courses from that school got the rn registration.

Approved CNO lists of programs here . CNO do let you know the approved ones :)

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/approved-nursing-programs/rn-programs/

Reactions: starry2nite

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
There is no mention of this on CNO website so far despite this program is provided by the consortium of Ontario universities.
Yeah, that's weird eh? I think CNO distances itself legally from a lot of things. But those courses are the only ones that I know are pre-accepted by CNO as they were created specifically for people who did not meet certain competencies when they did IENCAP.

starry2nite

Oct 7, 2010
Last edited:

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Have you decided which one are you gonna take?
I’ve contacted three of schools that you mentioned.
I have an acceptance from George brown college.
York University is little bit far away from me.
The other one( rncompetencies) i still think about.
If you have an acceptance into George Brown College Post-RPN Bridging Pathway Bachelor of Nursing Program then I would take it. It usually takes years and years for IEN's to get into those bridging programs. Many give up because it takes so long.

Very weird that they told you they don't guarantee approval of RN Competencies courses. They created them in collaboration with CNO and when I emailed the coordinator last year she said they were guaranteed.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
If you have an acceptance into George Brown College Post-RPN Bridging Pathway Bachelor of Nursing Program then I would take it. It usually takes years and years for IEN's to get into those bridging programs. Many give up because it takes so long.

Very weird that they told you they don't guarantee approval of RN Competencies courses. They created them in collaboration with CNO and when I emailed the coordinator last year she said they were guaranteed.
--> York University is my number 1 option. I am still not sure why its taking years & years because every year , they take casper test , & admission is based on that of that particular intake. So effectively , there can not be a queue going on their for year. I think in reality , admission queue is formed on every admission & being done on first come , first serve basis.

--> RNcompetecies is still fishy as there is no clear cut approval from CNO.

--> Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing is a good option but their this admission requirement puts me away. "A Ryerson approved bridging program with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures" what if I have a repeated course ? It mean that then my George brown certificate becomes useless.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Hi,
yes I was.
How long have you been waiting for?
Hindi pa ako nakakapasok. Sa october pa daw ako pwede mag apply. Kumusta po yung courses niyo?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
--> York University is my number 1 option. I am still not sure why its taking years & years because every year , they take casper test , & admission is based on that of that particular intake. So effectively , there can not be a queue going on their for year. I think in reality , admission queue is formed on every admission & being done on first come , first serve basis.

--> RNcompetecies is still fishy as there is no clear cut approval from CNO.

--> Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing is a good option but their this admission requirement puts me away. "A Ryerson approved bridging program with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures" what if I have a repeated course ? It mean that then my George brown certificate becomes useless.
Email Ayesha Bhatti ayeshabhatti@trentu.ca to ask about RNCompetencies. She answered me in an email: "The courses will be recognized by CNO. The successful completion of the competency courses will be considered as proof that the IEN met the competency gap."
I suppose I don't mean backlog of applicants, I mean there are so many applicants to the bridging program that most don't get in. A few years ago the York program only took 30 students per year.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Email Ayesha Bhatti ayeshabhatti@trentu.ca to ask about RNCompetencies. She answered me in an email: "The courses will be recognized by CNO. The successful completion of the competency courses will be considered as proof that the IEN met the competency gap."
I suppose I don't mean backlog of applicants, I mean there are so many applicants to the bridging program that most don't get in. A few years ago the York program only took 30 students per year.
I still find it vague as of now because Ayesha says "..... will be considered....." If you read the FAQ from website below it becomes more fluid. Possibly because its going to be first cohort in Fall 2018 so things are still getting arranged.

Their FAQ section says

Will I receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree after completing the program of study?
No, you will not receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree after completing the competency-bridging program of study. The program of study is designed to help Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) address the competency gaps outlined in their Internationally Educated Nurses Competency Assessment Form. Students will receive certificates of course completion after completing the courses. A verification of course completion form will be sent to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) after an IEN completes the entire program of study to verify that the IEN has met the nursing education requirement. Please note that completion of the program of study does not guarantee registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. All eight requirements listed on the CNO website must be met in order to achieve registration.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Have you decided which one are you gonna take?
I’ve contacted three of schools that you mentioned.
I have an acceptance from George brown college.
York University is little bit far away from me.
The other one( rncompetencies) i still think about.
I have an acceptance from GBC
applied in York & RNCompetencies ..

My first preference is York