+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hello fellow nurses. I just want to ask if someone of you here took up GERONTOLOGY INTERPROFESSIONAL PRACTICE in Fanshawe College. Do you think it will have a bearing for NNAS application? I am currently working for 5 yrs now with total of more than 10 yrs nsg experience..with Masters and NCLEX already..

Do you think chances for SOMEWHAT COMPARABLE OR COMPARABLE for NNAS would be higher if I took the courses?

Nurseincanada

Aug 17, 2019
Hello Experts,
I need your valuable advice. I am a Nurse Graduate from India. As soon as I passed my qualification, I started working as nurse based on provisional certificate issued by institute, but my nurse registration with nursing council was done few months later after I started working as RN. Now NNAS wants clarification on this matter that how I was able to secure job before registration/licence issued to me.

Has anyone come across this issue before or any suggestion what to provide to NNAS?

Your valuable advice is solicited. please reply in time..

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and I'm an RN from India , I'm in the federal stage of PR process(Quebec province), I've done diploma in Nursing , I guess there are some Indians here and I need your suggestions in how do i get my Nursing registration done in Canada and what higher studies can I perceive to become an RN ? Let me know which author is best in NCLEX- RN ?Please help me out ..... Thank you.

Last edited:

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello Experts,
I need your valuable advice. I am a Nurse Graduate from India. As soon as I passed my qualification, I started working as nurse based on provisional certificate issued by institute, but my nurse registration with nursing council was done few months later after I started working as RN. Now NNAS wants clarification on this matter that how I was able to secure job before registration/licence issued to me.

Has anyone come across this issue before or any suggestion what to provide to NNAS?

Your valuable advice is solicited. please reply in time..
You cannot be an RN unless your Nursing registration is done. So , tell the NNAS that you're on a survival job but not as a registered nurse till you got your Nursing Registration from the council. It's illegal and a big offence in the west to practice as a Nurse without being an RN that's why they must have questioned you.

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
Just a random update:
Still no word from NNAS. 10 weeks ready for review now. I have re emailed them again, don't expect much other than " we don't need to give you a time line". But here's hoping.

gkmc1420

Aug 19, 2019
I wonder if there is even a point in starting the whole process as from what I see NNAS keep finding as "non comparable" nurses with way bigger credentials than me. I have bachelor at nursing and masters at public health from Poland and almost 2 year experience a as registered nurse also in Poland. I guess that my only option would be to start all over again and go to school here in Canada? What do you think?

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
They emailed back saying sorry for the delay, we dont have time lines, keep an eye out for any updates. how lovely.

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I wonder if there is even a point in starting the whole process as from what I see NNAS keep finding as "non comparable" nurses with way bigger credentials than me. I have bachelor at nursing and masters at public health from Poland and almost 2 year experience a as registered nurse also in Poland. I guess that my only option would be to start all over again and go to school here in Canada? What do you think?
Not necessarily you have to....

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I
Hello fellow nurses. I just want to ask if someone of you here took up GERONTOLOGY INTERPROFESSIONAL PRACTICE in Fanshawe College. Do you think it will have a bearing for NNAS application? I am currently working for 5 yrs now with total of more than 10 yrs nsg experience..with Masters and NCLEX already..

Do you think chances for SOMEWHAT COMPARABLE OR COMPARABLE for NNAS would be higher if I took the courses?
It will make absolutely no difference. Don't waste your money or time.

Reactions: Quebecdreams...

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
If you have the funds and are certain that you absolutely want to live and work in Canada for the rest of your life, I'd say start the 4 year degree. There is more of a guarantee at the end (assuming you know your stuff), and it will only take a bit longer than the process with NNAS if you are found non-comparable.

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
Hello, new member here. I began my NNAS application in July 2019 and in Aug 6th 2019 I had an update of 'Ready for Evaluation' so I am currently waiting for the advisory report.
I am sure to get not comparable or if I'm lucky, somewhat comparable, and I wanted to know what will be next? What is to be done if its not comparable and what for somewhat comparable? I graduated with a 4 years BScN degree in Nepal in 2018 and have no work experience. I've heard this will surely affect my report.

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Hello, new member here. I began my NNAS application in July 2019 and in Aug 6th 2019 I had an update of 'Ready for Evaluation' so I am currently waiting for the advisory report.
I am sure to get not comparable or if I'm lucky, somewhat comparable, and I wanted to know what will be next? What is to be done if its not comparable and what for somewhat comparable? I graduated with a 4 years BScN degree in Nepal in 2018 and have no work experience. I've heard this will surely affect my report.
Hi Ritu, I am also from Nepal. For all the Nepali Degree the result will be non comparable unless you have at least one year nursing course from Canada. There are two choices whether you should pass OSCE exam (CNO will guide you after report) or you have to take one year course nursing or bridging course in Canada.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hi,
Does anybody know that how to pay the fee for reactivation of NNAS application since my application is expiring in the next few days.

Canadianborn

Aug 16, 2019
Has anybody had some of their statuses change to “waiting for additional documentation” and if so, what did you have to do? I missed being able to call them today to find out what this means. Everything else is ready for evaluation. I just want this process to be done with!

GinnyT

Jun 22, 2019
Has anybody had some of their statuses change to “waiting for additional documentation” and if so, what did you have to do? I missed being able to call them today to find out what this means. Everything else is ready for evaluation. I just want this process to be done with!
Mine did that when they wanted new ID documents and awaiting a reply from my manager as it had been so long since I applied. They did email me stating what they wanted before they changed it to 'awaiting additional documentation', which seems odd if they haven't requested anything from you.