+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Desbuddy6919

May 27, 2019
No way to speed it up. For some, it takes 9-10 months. It's completely insane.[/QUOTE

It is mixed feeling as I finally got my NNAS report on the 09/8/2019. It is deemed ‘somewhat comparable’ for registered psychiatric nurse (RPN) for B.C, Manitoba and Alberta provinces. I am a UK trained psychiatric or mental health nurse and thought choosing provinces where MH is a separate branch of nursing, will broaden my chances of registration.

I have made contact with B.C. and Manitoba regulatory bodies and was advised it is very likely I will have to do an online bridging courses, to obtain eligibility. My dilemma now is which of the three provinces is more likely to provide quick and easy path to registration. I am personally attracted to B.C because of the good weather but wondering if Alberta and Manitoba would present less licensing barriers.

My questions to you are :

-What is the merit of porting reports to the three provinces? Will this be money-wasting venture ?
-If option is to choose one of the provinces, which one would you recommend and why ?

Your thoughts will be much appreciated!!

Loisie

Jul 18, 2019
Port Harcourt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pleawe my Colleagues advice me

As an IEN who recently migrated to canada what can I work as pending when I start my registration with NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Pleawe my Colleagues advice me

As an IEN who recently migrated to canada what can I work as pending when I start my registration with NNAS
You can't work as a nurse. You'll have to work with a PSW (Personal Support Worker). You have to take a PSW course first.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
hi, im a tourist planning to work as a registered nurse here in edmonton , i went to carna to inquire on how to apply as a nurse and they advised me to create an account in nnas. i already prepared my documents before coming here , my t.o.r, diploma etc. but ive read that the school where you graduated should be the one who will mail your documents to nnas, how strict are they when it comes to this? has anyone tried asking if they will honor documents that has been CAV ( certification, authentication,verification) by ched then submitted personally. can anyone give me an estimate on how long will i have to wait after i submit all the required documents to nnas? pls help. tia
I'm afraid you will be disappointed by my answer and by the reality of becoming a nurse in Canada. They 100% will not accept anything submitted personally. You will wait a long time for your Advisory Report from NNAS. 3 months would be the quickest, or it could be one year. If you have a diploma and not a degree, you will be asked to take a bridging course after NNAS has assessed you. They are usually 18 months long. You may even need to just start your BScN here in Canada, as some have done, since it is often the same amount of time until licensing and it is more guaranteed.

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
Hello, i have completed the NNAS process which rated me as comparable on all grounds, and then just completed the British Columbian (CBA) Computer Based Exam and the Simulated Lab Exam (SLA), however i ran short of time during assessment, and now have received notification from the college that i will not be granted NCLEX or Registration until transitional education is completed. This is very hard news for me, i feel really low, it has been such a long long journey to get through this process, and then to fail not because i have skills incompetency, but because of timeliness. Can anyone help me?
  1. Can i take my positive NNAS report to another college in another province?
  2. Will the transitional education notice work against me in other provinces?
  3. This has cost $4900 so far, which is a lot of money for me, what might be the cheapest quickest path?
  4. What province would i have the best chance of success?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello, i have completed the NNAS process which rated me as comparable on all grounds, and then just completed the British Columbian (CBA) Computer Based Exam and the Simulated Lab Exam (SLA), however i ran short of time during assessment, and now have received notification from the college that i will not be granted NCLEX or Registration until transitional education is completed. This is very hard news for me, i feel really low, it has been such a long long journey to get through this process, and then to fail not because i have skills incompetency, but because of timeliness. Can anyone help me?
  1. Can i take my positive NNAS report to another college in another province?
  2. Will the transitional education notice work against me in other provinces?
  3. This has cost $4900 so far, which is a lot of money for me, what might be the cheapest quickest path?
  4. What province would i have the best chance of success?
What country did you receive your nursing education in?
You will have to pay for NNAS to send your file to a licensing body in another province. But you will not have to go through the NNAS assessment process again. I doubt the transitional education notice will work against you in other provinces. They all use NNAS as an assessment, but beyond that, have their own processes. There is no cheap or quick path.

Trishabenn

May 29, 2019
Hello, please my university has decided that they won't share their syllabus/curriculum with any institution (nnas). They submitted my filled nnas forms, transcript and included a cover letter stating they won't share their syllabus. What do I do in this case?

Poohbear333

Aug 15, 2019
NNAS AND PREMENANT RESIDENCY
In this situation I wouldn't bother submitting your paperwork to NNAS. It's a waste of money. You will have to start at the beginning and obtain a nursing degree from a Canadian university. Graduating that long ago, and never working as a nurse, you won't be considered by any licensing body.

Poohbear333

Aug 15, 2019
Hi guys i need advise please.. i have a total of only 6 years of nursing experience in UAE from the time i graduated as BSN way back 2007.. 3 years as a clinic nurse from 2009-2012 and then 3 years hospital experience as Emergency Nurse from 2012-2015.. after that way back June 2015 i went to canada, from June 2015 up to present i do not have nursing experience anymore.. reading the forum about all the time, effort and money wasted for most of you having difficulty to decide what to do..right now I'm living in Toronto.. my question is, is it better to enroll in school and start all over again or still try to apply NNAS + CNO? which one is better? :(
It is a lengthy process

Poohbear333

Aug 15, 2019
I am a 28year old Registered Nurse with a 3year Nursing Diploma from Guyana, South America. I currently have 5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse.

I recently got my Invitation to apply for Permanent Residence Canada.. I was wondering if there is anyone else on this forum that has a 3 year Nursing Diploma and had it evaluated by NNAS? I am not looking to sit the NCLEX-RN for Ontario in the very near future but instead i am looking to do a RN-BSN Degree at York University for Internationally Educated Nurses (RN-BSN for IEN).

One of the Admission Requirement is that the applicant should
  • have been evaluated for an RN by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as possessing an education at least equivalent to a diploma level.
So if there is anyone out there that is either going/went through the process kindly shed some light on the process/experience.

I am doing lots of research but i am saturated by all the information provided. So Guidance would be much much appreciated.

I also started my NNAS application a few days ago. Checking to make sure the information i entered is accurate. I plan to pay the fee around November 20th.
Documents will be sent in about 4 weeks after i Make my
Good day did u need any info from nnas to apply for ur PR

Canadianborn

Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows what happens after all my documents are received by NNAS and then marked as “ready for evaluation”?

Canadianborn

Aug 16, 2019
You have to wait for documents to be assesaed now since all the documents are received
Thanks Poohbear333, I was just wondering if they assess it when everything is marked “ready for evaluation” or if there was another phase I had to wait for since I have seen that many have had theirs marked as “ready for review”. I’m still waiting for 2 more documents to be changed from “ready for authentication” to “ready for evaluation”. This process stresses me out.