+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you for your reply.That's sad to hear.
i have already filled employment form given by nnas from my employee.
CNO will ask same again?
I applied for RPN too.Do u think i ll get eligibility for rpn?
waiting for ur reply
Yes CNO will likely ask again, but not for the exact same information. They will ask because they will judge you "non-comparable" and once that goes to CNO, CNO's next step is the option to get your employer to complete forms to see if your experience can count for anything. This is a new option that was created when a whole bunch of IEN's protested the fact that almost every IEN was "non-comparable" and they had to take IENCAP to prove themselves, and if they failed they were out of luck. So trust me, it's much better than it was previously, even though it still sucks and it isn't fair to get people to pay for an assessment when everyone knows the outcomes before they even review your education.
You will likely get "somewhat comparable" for RPN.

Reactions: j0pd008

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Thank you for the reply.
Actually, my nnas application was showing " READY FOR REVIEW" for around 2 months and it was only when i enquired they told me that there is a problem with my employer documents, now after everything is ok as per my nnas assessor, it is " READY FOR final review" from 3 weeks. I don't know why they are taking soo long again. I can't wait anymore.No more patience.
Keep following up with them that's all you can do. Good Luck!!

Reactions: j0pd008

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Thank you for your reply.That's sad to hear.
i have already filled employment form given by nnas from my employee.
CNO will ask same again?
I applied for RPN too.Do u think i ll get eligibility for rpn?
waiting for ur reply
In addition to what @RN_0001 said,

Just in case if you are eligible for Language Waiver. You also send reference letter from your employer, that explains the core areas of communication skills in English with some examples along with employer forms and job description documents that you send to CNO .

It will speed up the process as it takes time for them to process the documents.

They won't waive after seeing your complete job description or employment form which clearly state practice of settings is English. They will still need another letter from your supervisor/employer to claim that waiver.

Reactions: j0pd008 and RN_0001

MitchMoyo

Aug 7, 2017
Hi guy I wanted to ask if anyone has any information, I recently got accepted to a bridging course in Alberta but my question is does CARNA issue a nursing license whilst you still on a student visa?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi guy I wanted to ask if anyone has any information, I recently got accepted to a bridging course in Alberta but my question is does CARNA issue a nursing license whilst you still on a student visa?
I don't know for sure but I HIGHLY doubt it.

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Yes CNO will likely ask again, but not for the exact same information. They will ask because they will judge you "non-comparable" and once that goes to CNO, CNO's next step is the option to get your employer to complete forms to see if your experience can count for anything. This is a new option that was created when a whole bunch of IEN's protested the fact that almost every IEN was "non-comparable" and they had to take IENCAP to prove themselves, and if they failed they were out of luck. So trust me, it's much better than it was previously, even though it still sucks and it isn't fair to get people to pay for an assessment when everyone knows the outcomes before they even review your education.
You will likely get "somewhat comparable" for RPN.
Thank you so much guys.it is helpful info.i applied for both rpn and lpn for evaluation to NNAS.After getting my report i am planning to apply to CNO for only RPN.i am planning to give rpn incase i get eligibility from CNO.After wrking as RPN for couple of month i ll apply for RN via CNO.But my safe practice ll expire in nov 2019 ec.As i ll work as Rpn incase exam clear.will this rpn experience work as safe practice to give RN in 2020 or thereafter too.or i shd apply for both licences together by CNO now
..any suggestion plz

Last edited:

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I am so disappointed with this NNAS process. It's been 5 weeks since my status changed to Ready for Review and I haven't received my advisory report yet. I know they said 6-8 weeks but the waiting is killing me. It is not only expensive but a very lengthily painful process. Anybody on the same path?
we both are in same boat

Reactions: Maceyhdez

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
In addition to what @RN_0001 said,

Just in case if you are eligible for Language Waiver. You also send reference letter from your employer, that explains the core areas of communication skills in English with some examples along with employer forms and job description documents that you send to CNO .

It will speed up the process as it takes time for them to process the documents.

They won't waive after seeing your complete job description or employment form which clearly state practice of settings is English. They will still need another letter from your supervisor/employer to claim that waiver.
thank you so much for ur reply.I heart that language requirement cn be waved in ontario incase u have 6 month canadian work experience.is it true?
Any ans ll be appreciated.

hiimk

Feb 14, 2019
Hi All,

I recently got PR of Canada and I am registered nurse in India., did MSc Nursing in India. My experience is mainly as a Clinical Instructor (Teaching) and last employment was Sep'16. What I have understood from this Forum I have listed below and for some I require help from the seniors of the forum, kindly advise:
  1. Education evaluation by NNAS. I have created the profile:
    1. What documents needs to be send to NNAS?
    2. What is better: documents from the University from which College was affiliated or from the College directly?
  2. Employment evaluation by NNAS:
    1. Should it be done for last 5 years of employment or for entire experience?
  3. Nursing Registration evaluation by NNAS:
    1. I studied from two different states of India and the later state council gave registration for both courses cancelling the registration of previous state ( this is the process, latest state council registration holds valid, and previous states are cancelled). Thus I can provide Nursing registration from last state only, would this be an issue?
  4. is the CELBAN or IELTS exam necessary for NNAS evaluation, I did not see anything related to CELBAN while creating the profile, may be I missed something, please advise.
  5. Post the NNAS evaluation, I need to register at the Province body for further steps.

hiimk

Feb 14, 2019
Hi Canada11
I am in the same boat. I failed my osce and currently taking "Acedemic pathway for IEN" program from GBC. I have a question. If I pass this program, means I will be eligible to write NCLEX? I have already done my BscN from India and have completed my NNAS assessment and working as RPN.
Please Reply. Thanks.
Hi,
Sent a conversation to you, please have a look and reply.

hiimk

Feb 14, 2019
Hi All,

I am Registered nurse in India. Below is the snapshot of my exp
General Nursing & Midwifery - 2003-06
One Year Internship (Nursing)- 2006-07
Post Basic BSc Nursing- 2007-09
Clinical Instructor- 2010-12
MSc Nursing- 2013-15
Clinical Instructor - 2015-16
Since then I have not worked anywhere.
Based on the above information and forum experience, what report should I expect from NNAS: comparable or non-comparable

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
Hi All,

I am Registered nurse in India. Below is the snapshot of my exp
General Nursing & Midwifery - 2003-06
One Year Internship (Nursing)- 2006-07
Post Basic BSc Nursing- 2007-09
Clinical Instructor- 2010-12
MSc Nursing- 2013-15
Clinical Instructor - 2015-16
Since then I have not worked anywhere.
Based on the above information and forum experience, what report should I expect from NNAS: comparable or non-comparable
Not comparable.

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
Hi all,
I’m a registered nurse in Australia.
So far I am just going through the NNAS process (Alberta registration).

I have only read about 1 Australian nurse that received a comparable result. So I’m not very hopeful. I have completed 5 years in total of education. 6 months- assistance in nursing (cert 3) (did not put this in my application: does anyone think I should?), 18 months enrolled endorsed nursing (diploma) and 3 years for my bachelor of nursing science and a total of 1280 placement/clinical hours. I had no mental health placements or obstetrics so will def be lacking in these hours.

I have roughly 10,000+ hours of real nursing work under my belt- not that it makes any difference for NNAS.

Commenced my NNAS application 28th Jan, 2019:

Currently- my ID has been received by NNAS- ready for evaluation.
All my employment forms have been received and are waiting authentication.

My schools are currently working on my application. So far my first uni has a 116 page syllabus. Hoping that will be enough for that part. I estimate these applications will be complete in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully eariler).
My nursing registration board (AHPRA) has also sent required documents with a good standing certificate a few weeks ago. Hopefully will be received in the next week or so.
I will not need to complete the English requirement.

I believe I am looking at a 10-12 month application process.

Does anyone know or have an idea of how many hours the NNAS or CARNA are looking for to be comparable?
From what I have found it looks like:
Theory:
Med/surg-150 hours
Obstetrics- 50 hours
Mental health- 50 hours
Community health- 50 hours
Gerontology- 50 hours

Clinical placement:
Med/surg- 350 hours
Obstetrics- 150 hours
Mental health- 150 hours
Community health- 150 hours
Gerontology- 150 hours

If anyone hasn’t some info on anything different in regards to the hours please let me know.
Also if any Aussie nurses out there got a comparable, please give me hope!

Additional timeline info:
So my registration has been received and ready for evaluation.
ID- ready for evaluation
2x employers forms- ready for evaluation
English- ready for evaluation
My first university has completed my forms and sent via Aus post on 25.3.19. 188 pages of syllabus plus transcript. That should be showing ready for review in the next 20 days. 10 days to land in their office, and roughly 6 business days to show reflection in my NNAS online portal.

Now just awaiting my second school. This will reflect 4.5 years full time nursing study.

Mar 24, 2019
NNAS report states:

SUMMARY STATEMENT Based on curricular performance analysis at the ETP level, the education this applicant received is deemed Comparable to that of a Canadian Educated RN. This determination does not necessarily denote full comparability for each dimension. For details on the findings, see Section B3.

But DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS has 'somewhat comparable'

???

TIA guys
Hi .. Did u apply to CNO?if yes what they say abt ur nnas report ?plz reply tq