+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
thank you so much for ur reply.I heart that language requirement cn be waved in ontario incase u have 6 month canadian work experience.is it true?
Any ans ll be appreciated.
I am not sure about the experience in canada (they told me minimum 2 years as i was outside canada) but regardless you still have to provide evidence as it wont be waived automatically. With USA experience of more than 2 years i was told it won't be waived automatically. I submitted the docs as per their instructions and I am awaiting my waiver.

Submit the evidence if you feel with the kind of experience you have, it can be waived and present a case for yourself to CNO. Hopefully it will all work out well.

If you have any additional concerns/questions specific to your situation/experience send CNO an email they will reply with what they might need from you.

For your information kindly refer the following link for more details:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/language-proficiency/language-proficiency-other-types-of-evidence/

Reactions: j0pd008

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hi All,

I recently got PR of Canada and I am registered nurse in India., did MSc Nursing in India. My experience is mainly as a Clinical Instructor (Teaching) and last employment was Sep'16. What I have understood from this Forum I have listed below and for some I require help from the seniors of the forum, kindly advise:
  1. Education evaluation by NNAS. I have created the profile:
    1. What documents needs to be send to NNAS? -- NNAS will have forms in the application section you need to send documents accordingly
    2. What is better: documents from the University from which College was affiliated or from the College directly? - I gave from College and they were fine with it but it has to be Transcipts + Entire Course Curriculum
  2. Employment evaluation by NNAS:
    1. Should it be done for last 5 years of employment or for entire experience? - This should be fine
  3. Nursing Registration evaluation by NNAS:
    1. I studied from two different states of India and the later state council gave registration for both courses cancelling the registration of previous state ( this is the process, latest state council registration holds valid, and previous states are cancelled). Thus I can provide Nursing registration from last state only, would this be an issue? --- If you got license/registration you need to provide evidence that you once hold the registration from that state - Try to check with the previous state I think they can help you out. NNAS form will have start and end date you can provide old registration information withstart and end date. They need this registration details because they want to confirm with all the registration body you practice with you were in good standing at that time. Kindly verify with NNAS they will guide you as every country the process is different regarding registration process
  4. is the CELBAN or IELTS exam necessary for NNAS evaluation, I did not see anything related to CELBAN while creating the profile, may be I missed something, please advise. - Its not required for NNAS but CNO will ask for it and depending on your experience you may qualify for waiver.
  5. Post the NNAS evaluation, I need to register at the Province body for further steps. Yes
Check my answer inline in your post. Good Luck!!

Last edited:

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I am not sure about the experience in canada (they told me minimum 2 years as i was outside canada) but regardless you still have to provide evidence as it wont be waived automatically. With USA experience of more than 2 years i was told it won't be waived automatically. I submitted the docs as per their instructions and I am awaiting my waiver.

Submit the evidence if you feel with the kind of experience you have, it can be waived and present a case for yourself to CNO. Hopefully it will all work out well.

If you have any additional concerns/questions specific to your situation/experience send CNO an email they will reply with what they might need from you.

For your information kindly refer the following link for more details:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/language-proficiency/language-proficiency-other-types-of-evidence/
thanks, ur reply is valuable.i entered in 6 week of review.fingers cross

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
hi guys.i applied for both rpn and lpn for evaluation to NNAS.After getting my report i am planning to apply to CNO for only RPN.i am planning to give rpn incase i get eligibility from CNO.After wrking as RPN for couple of month i ll apply for RN via CNO.But my safe practice ll expire in nov 2019 ec.As i ll work as Rpn incase exam clear.will this rpn experience work as safe practice to give RN in 2020 or thereafter too.or i shd apply for both licences together by CNO now
..any suggestion plz

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Thank you @ksp1989
.it is helpful info.i applied for both rpn and lpn for evaluation to NNAS.After getting my report i am planning to apply to CNO for only RPN.i am planning to give rpn incase i get eligibility from CNO.After wrking as RPN for couple of month i ll apply for RN via CNO.But my safe practice ll expire in nov 2019 ec.As i ll work as Rpn incase exam clear.will this rpn experience work as safe practice to give RN in 2020 or thereafter too.or i shd apply for both licences together by CNO now
..any suggestion plz

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
hi guys.i applied for both rpn and lpn for evaluation to NNAS.After getting my report i am planning to apply to CNO for only RPN.i am planning to give rpn incase i get eligibility from CNO.After wrking as RPN for couple of month i ll apply for RN via CNO.But my safe practice ll expire in nov 2019 ec.As i ll work as Rpn incase exam clear.will this rpn experience work as safe practice to give RN in 2020 or thereafter too.or i shd apply for both licences together by CNO now
..any suggestion plz
RPN and RN are different so practice as RPN doesn't count as practice for RN.

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
RPN and RN are different so practice as RPN doesn't count as practice for RN.
Thank you.what do u think shd i apply for RN exam this year too.
i am afraid as i heard too many people end up with negative result.or once i get eligibilty can i give exam even after expiriy of my safe practice?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you.what do u think shd i apply for RN exam this year too.
i am afraid as i heard too many people end up with negative result.or once i get eligibilty can i give exam even after expiriy of my safe practice?
After expiry of practice you have to start your degree from the beginning. You can't apply for RN exam until the licensing body invites you to.

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
thank you @RN_0001 ..for reply.
i just wanna knw that incase someone get eligibility for RN.After first attempt if he or she doesnt clear RN.can that person get Next test date regardless of safe practice experience validity?

Ajose

Apr 23, 2018
I am Male RN RM from India and will be applying for NNA assessment next month. Want to share my case so can get any useful information before I apply so that i can avoid any mistakes:

Master of Science in Nursing (2 yrs Course)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (4 yrs Course)

Primarily worked in Educational side in Nursing College.

Planning to apply for assessment to College of Nurses Ontario.

My Wife also RN RM Her Qualifications are as follows:

Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree (2 yrs)
GNM (3.5 yrs) Diploma Program

She has experience as a Staff Nurse and also as an Nurse Educator.

Does anyone have similar case like my wife's or mine then do share your evaluation information.
Any helpful information welcomed.
I am Male RN RM from India and will be applying for NNA assessment next month. Want to share my case so can get any useful information before I apply so that i can avoid any mistakes:

Master of Science in Nursing (2 yrs Course)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (4 yrs Course)

Primarily worked in Educational side in Nursing College.

Planning to apply for assessment to College of Nurses Ontario.

My Wife also RN RM Her Qualifications are as follows:

Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree (2 yrs)
GNM (3.5 yrs) Diploma Program

She has experience as a Staff Nurse and also as an Nurse Educator.

Does anyone have similar case like my wife's or mine then do share your evaluation information.
Any helpful information welcomed.
Hi there, what's the progress in your case. My wife too is a Post basic BSC nurse and we were exploring career in Canada. NNAS process is a bit complicated and lengthy. Th

Ajose

Apr 23, 2018
Hi is there Indian educated nurse in the group who is underway the process of NNAS or has done with it. Please confirm as I am too a India educated Post basic BSC nurse 2 year degree which I did after 3 year diploma in nursing. WES has evaluated my credentials to be equal to 4 years of nursing. I am planning to get NNAS advisory report soon for RN please advise with some tips and tricks for better results. Thanks in advance.

SamD.

Mar 18, 2019
I’m a newbie here.
Anyone who’s taking some course from
Athabasca or St.Xavier universiry for competency Gaps?
Please share with me.
Thanks in advance

About me;
I had the osce test in Jan and need to fulfill some gaps.
However all schools replied me back
´no gurantee’.
Now i am going back to my country to update out of nursing practice.( my nursing practice has expired last year)
In addition, i will take courses from St.Xavier uni from Sep.
I can’t imagine how hard each course is going to be.
Hope to go through really smoothly and get registration next year.
Hi, can you please share your results? How did the OSCE go and what were CNO’s response?
Thank you