+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Ien 2012

Apr 16, 2019
Hi,
Anybody here who enrolled or finished the program bridging to university nursing-IEN (after OSCE) at Centennial college? Did CNO accept it?
I m not sure, i have heard that cno is no longer accepting George brown's academic pathway for IENs.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi frnds i want to share my happiness with you all. I got my nnas report today both RN and RPN “COMPARABLE” .Thank god.
Aug28 - payment done to nnas
Dec19-ready for review
Feb 7- additional document received by nnas from my college
Mar8- ready for final review
Apr 16-report issued
Done my Bsc in INDIA
IMPORTANT : MAKE SURE THAT THE CURRICULUM SEND BY YOUR COLLEGE IS YOURS( actually my college sent curriculum along with transcript and nnas forms but it was old , which was used by my senior batch and mine was revised and new one ... luckly i found the mistake ).. Tq
You completed your BScN in India and got Comparable for RN? Wow, congratulations! You are one of a very few. Congrats again.

kulbirkaur

Apr 17, 2019
Australia
Hi all,
I’m a registered nurse in Australia.
So far I am just going through the NNAS process (Alberta registration).

I have only read about 1 Australian nurse that received a comparable result. So I’m not very hopeful. I have completed 5 years in total of education. 6 months- assistance in nursing (cert 3) (did not put this in my application: does anyone think I should?), 18 months enrolled endorsed nursing (diploma) and 3 years for my bachelor of nursing science and a total of 1280 placement/clinical hours. I had no mental health placements or obstetrics so will def be lacking in these hours.

I have roughly 10,000+ hours of real nursing work under my belt- not that it makes any difference for NNAS.

Commenced my NNAS application 28th Jan, 2019:

Currently- my ID has been received by NNAS- ready for evaluation.
All my employment forms have been received and are waiting authentication.

My schools are currently working on my application. So far my first uni has a 116 page syllabus. Hoping that will be enough for that part. I estimate these applications will be complete in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully eariler).
My nursing registration board (AHPRA) has also sent required documents with a good standing certificate a few weeks ago. Hopefully will be received in the next week or so.
I will not need to complete the English requirement.

I believe I am looking at a 10-12 month application process.

Does anyone know or have an idea of how many hours the NNAS or CARNA are looking for to be comparable?
From what I have found it looks like:
Theory:
Med/surg-150 hours
Obstetrics- 50 hours
Mental health- 50 hours
Community health- 50 hours
Gerontology- 50 hours

Clinical placement:
Med/surg- 350 hours
Obstetrics- 150 hours
Mental health- 150 hours
Community health- 150 hours
Gerontology- 150 hours

If anyone hasn’t some info on anything different in regards to the hours please let me know.
Also if any Aussie nurses out there got a comparable, please give me hope!
HI i am also a regestered nurse in Australia and i had send all documents and has been received now its showing ready for evaluation so waiting for the report.
Do you have any idea how long will it take for advisory report .

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi frnds i want to share my happiness with you all. I got my nnas report today both RN and RPN “COMPARABLE” .Thank god.
Dec19-ready for review
Apr 16-report issued
Done my Bsc in INDIA
IMPORTANT : MAKE SURE THAT THE CURRICULUM SEND BY YOUR COLLEGE IS YOURS( actually my college sent curriculum along with transcript and nnas forms but it was old , which was used by my senior batch and mine was revised and new one ... luckly i found the mistake ).. Tq
congratulations...u have given big hope..keep on sharing your upcoming experience with CNO too..Thanks

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Dec19-ready for review
Apr 16-report issued
Done my Bsc in INDIA
hey Congratulations!! Hope all the IENs get the same... may i know which university did you complete ur studies? Was it in ur safe practice when your report was issued ?? A reply will be really appreciated. Once again congratulations and good luck with your prep for NCLEXRN-TEST

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
I am planing to apply for lpn through nnas, i have graduated nursing back in India and have 2.5yrs exexperienc, but im not registered in state where i worked back in india . Will my experincee be counted, I have registered only in the state where i did my graduation.has anyone had this situation and what did nnas recommend, any advise would be off great help
hai ,if possible get registration from the state you worked because that is needed and as well as registration details from your graduating state.Nnas provides form and you have to give details of every state you were registered with.

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
hi, @RN_0001
@RN_0001,kindly answer me.
i applied for nnas for Rpn and RN in sept 2018..I have 5 yr experience back home(india) in teaching.Actually i start my job before registeration,as for immigration they question you if there is small gap even.So,i got my registeration after 7 month.
Nnas asked me that how your nursing school allowed you to work before registeration.My school of nursing where i worked,they send nnas letter stating that on behalf of course completition nd provisional degree they kept me under trainning until i got my registeration,which is actually very true.now its around 3 wks.it is still review.Is it unacceptable?What are my chances to get eligibility for exam?
Do u know how much time they can take?
As far as your case you will be eligible to write RPN -CPRNE EXAM but CNO will ask you for job description from your employer, as with RN most likely you will get NON COMPARABLE from NNAS and will have to go through IENCAP.
Regarding work before registration part if you have provided NNAS with a letter than it will be fine. The Whole NNAS process takes around 8-10 months so only thing is its a wait game.Even after ready for review it takes time so keep calling them and ask them about status update.

Reactions: RN_0001

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
Dec19-ready for review
Apr 16-report issued
Done my Bsc in INDIA
Congratulations your case is rarest of rare cases, Where did you COMPLETE YOUR NURSING study in India? Your safe practice details, Please share it will benefit future applicants. All the best for further plans.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Hai Can anyone tell what course to do for safe practice RPN.I am eligible to write CPRNE But my safe practice expired.
If you go back home and just finish 100 hrs of work like volunteering or paid, your safe practice can be revived. If you take a course it will be expensive too. Bt if you want to know more about Canadian health care you would like to take some bridging course!!

Abdul83

Apr 23, 2019
hi,
if some one get "non comparable advisory repor"t,what does it mean?he will be completely out or will he be advised for bridging course? waiting for your reply.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
hi,
if some one get "non comparable advisory repor"t,what does it mean?he will be completely out or will he be advised for bridging course? waiting for your reply.
There is not one answer. It depends on what the licensing body tells him. He will have to apply to the licensing body and they will send him a letter to tell him what's next.