+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
TLDR: Formal complaint on timelines...I sent an email to NNAS because the process is taking exceptionally long. Uni package was sent 20March, package received 11April, package updated into NNAS account by 10May (30 days), then i wait several weeks for authentication and review with no due date, and wait for advisory report with no due date...This process was supposed to be streamlined which is why is costs so very much. Every single step seems to take a month, which is an unacceptable level of service delivery, especially as there is quite a shortage of nurses in my region...does anyone know who funds NNAS that i can make a formal complaint to?

"Hello and thank you for your inquiry.
We can confirm the package from your university has reached our office on (April 11th 2019).
Estimated time to be reflected in your account is: May 10th 2019
Every time we receive a required document, it will go to the "authentication stage" which means we must scan, type it into your account, verify that all the information is complete, and confirms that it is coming from a genuine source. This process can take up to 25 business days (about a month). The next step will be a waiting line for the review. This review process may take several weeks. The following step will be a final review where we will finalize your advisory report before it is issued.
Thank you. Best Regards.
NNAS Application Team"

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
https://vancouversun.com/health/local-health/nurses-say-process-to-transfer-international-qualifications-long-complicated

The body was formed in 2012 by 21 Canadian nursing regulatory bodies. It is a lost cause putting in a complaint.
Yes it was created by them. The whole point was to keep 'others' out. They want to make it so difficult for IENs, even those educated in the UK and US, to become licensed in Canada. The complaint should be made to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner. ofc@ontario.ca. Include James Mandel on it as well, james.mendel@ontario.ca

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
HI i am also a regestered nurse in Australia and i had send all documents and has been received now its showing ready for evaluation so waiting for the report.
Do you have any idea how long will it take for advisory report .
Hey,
From what I have been reading roughly 8 or more weeks.
The NNAS have just received all my uni stuff now and is being authenticated. Then I’ll be in the waiting game also.

Where did you study??

Ausnurse

Mar 4, 2019
NNAS timeline update:
University sent 188 pages of syllabus off 26th March 2019, received and being authenticated as of April 26th 2019.
TAFE- sent 361 pages of syllabus on the 26th April 2019. This was the last thing needed to be received. I anticipate that in 4 weeks it will be received.
549 pages of syllabus.

1788 direct theory hours
205 clinical lab hours
1200 clinical placement hours with patients:
Adult medical: 260 hours
Adult surgical: 260 hours
Paediatric: 40 hours
Geriatric: 200 hours
Mental health: 80 hours
Community health: 120 hours
Primary health care: 240 hours

I know I don’t have enough theory in maternity: 8 hours. Or paediatrics: 51 hours. No gynaecology. Hoping the mental health will be enough at 65 theory hours.

Hoping in 9 weeks I’ll have an outcome. Fingers crossed!

RPN_0012

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,
Anybody here who enrolled or finished the program bridging to university nursing-IEN (after OSCE) at Centennial college? Did CNO accept it?
I m not sure, i have heard that cno is no longer accepting George brown's academic pathway for IENs.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

RPN_0012

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,
Anybody here who enrolled or finished the program bridging to university nursing-IEN (after OSCE) at Centennial college? Did CNO accept it?
I m not sure, i have heard that cno is no longer accepting George brown's academic pathway for IENs.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi i havent taken osce yet but looking for courses that would fill the competency gaps..which unoversities or colleges did u apply.

Abdul83

Apr 23, 2019
Hi,
After getting the NNAS Advisory report, how to apply CNO?
i mean how to apply for CNO?

Thanks in advance.