+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Is there anyone you is applied for british columbia province ?? As Ontario applicats have a good chance to waive off their ielts is there any kind of relaxation for BC applicants?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Can we give NCLEX for CNO without CNO invitation ? I tried to register for exam & its says they will come back once CNO approves. Is that the case ?

This is the email I got from PerasonVUE

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING YOUR EXAM

In addition to submitting your NCLEX Examination registration materials, you must also have applied for licensure to a board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB). Once the BON/RB makes you eligible to take the examination, your Authorization to Test (ATT) will be emailed to you.

Registration Time Limit

Your NCLEX examination registration will remain open for a 365-day time period during which a board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) may determine your eligibility. The time period begins when the BON/RB receives your registration from the test service. Once you are made eligible, you will receive your Authorization to Test (ATT). The 365-day time period will end at this point and you must take your examination within the validity dates designated on your ATT.

Last edited:

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Can we give NCLEX for CNO without CNO invitation ? I tried to register for exam & its says they will come back once CNO approves. Is that the case ?

This is the email I got from PerasonVUE

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING YOUR EXAM

In addition to submitting your NCLEX Examination registration materials, you must also have applied for licensure to a board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB). Once the BON/RB makes you eligible to take the examination, your Authorization to Test (ATT) will be emailed to you.

Registration Time Limit

Your NCLEX examination registration will remain open for a 365-day time period during which a board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) may determine your eligibility. The time period begins when the BON/RB receives your registration from the test service. Once you are made eligible, you will receive your Authorization to Test (ATT). The 365-day time period will end at this point and you must take your examination within the validity dates designated on your ATT.

You cannot take NCLEX-RN without authorization by the licensing body (in this case CNO). This is because you must complete other steps first in order to be eligible. You must have fulfilled the education requirement first.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You cannot take NCLEX-RN without authorization by the licensing body (in this case CNO). This is because you must complete other steps first in order to be eligible. You must have fulfilled the education requirement first.
I really don't understand this logic. NCLEX is a regular exam which any one would be able to give. I was thinking to give NCLEX along with my scheduled 30Jan 2018 OSCE exam just in order to save time. Now i have to wait till April ( 8 weeks result time ) or May when OSCE result is provided & CNO can make up their mind

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I really don't understand this logic. NCLEX is a regular exam which any one would be able to give. I was thinking to give NCLEX along with my scheduled 30Jan 2018 OSCE exam just in order to save time. Now i have to wait till April ( 8 weeks result time ) or May when OSCE result is provided & CNO can make up their mind
No, not a regular exam. People aren't able to just take it. You have to have a nursing education to take the exam. And since you've been asked to do OSCE, they dont' yet see you as having a nursing education that is sufficient.
I agree that this whole process is messed. It's all about money and keeping "outsiders" out. And increasing the number of RPNs who are highly trained because many RN's eventually become RPN's because of this process.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Atleast you heard from them and even have OSCE date set...focus on OSCE because not to be negative but after OSCE the gaps they identify they may ask you to do bridging programs before asking you to do NCLEX

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I agree with @Legentellison
The fact that you have an OSCE date means that you actually have a chance at this. Do whatever you can to prepare and pass OSCE because once you do, you will be considered to have met the education requirement and you will be eligible to write NCLEX. Passing that exam is your key to this hell being over. Make sure you eat a big breakfast of something that sticks with you. You'll only get one bottle of water and one sandwich with slimy lettuce in the middle for the whole day.

Reactions: Legentellison

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
You can get NNAS report irrespective of your immigration status. Although, CNO only give full registration who are eligible to work in Canada. They provide temporary registration for non-immigrants/non canadians.

Thank you for the info. If that's the case, what would be the options of an IEN with no immigration status who would like to work and live in Canada specifically Ontario as a RN?

Is there no other way but to become a Canadian PR first?

I would appreciate any kind of feedback on this.

Thank you very much.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I agree with @Legentellison
The fact that you have an OSCE date means that you actually have a chance at this. Do whatever you can to prepare and pass OSCE because once you do, you will be considered to have met the education requirement and you will be eligible to write NCLEX. Passing that exam is your key to this hell being over. Make sure you eat a big breakfast of something that sticks with you. You'll only get one bottle of water and one sandwich with slimy lettuce in the middle for the whole day.
Thank you for your advice. Yes I am much focused on OSCE .. Do you know what is the start & end time of OSCE exam ? like 10 am to 5 pm pr else ?

I suppose you have already given OSCE. Did you pass ? what reference material you used ?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you for your advice. Yes I am much focused on OSCE .. Do you know what is the start & end time of OSCE exam ? like 10 am to 5 pm pr else ?

I suppose you have already given OSCE. Did you pass ? what reference material you used ?
Arrived 7am or something and left 2:30 or 3? Something like that. Please don't go by what I've said though, they will give you exact times when you get correspondence from them prior to the exam. Or, you can call and ask as well. You are not permitted to wait inside the building before they open it, so if it is raining, bring an umbrella. Dress warm, or at least wear layers--a long sleeve shirt under your uniform top or something. People were absolutely freezing during their exam.

I was educated in the US so absolutely nothing on the OSCE was new news to me. All second nature to me.
I can't tell you any content of the exam but look at the entry to practice competencies, brush up on assessments, and review patient communication.

Reactions: jsv and jane22

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you for the info. If that's the case, what would be the options of an IEN with no immigration status who would like to work and live in Canada specifically Ontario as a RN?

Is there no other way but to become a Canadian PR first?

I would appreciate any kind of feedback on this.

Thank you very much.
You would not have any options to work as a nurse in Ontario unless you are a citizen, permanent resident or some other status such as refugee.

Reactions: T365

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
You would not have any options to work as a nurse in Ontario unless you are a citizen, permanent resident or some other status such as refugee.
Thank you very much for the feedback, I truly appreciate it. Ok that is clear.

However, an IEN does not need to have any immigration status when s/he applies to NNAS and be assess by CNO, correct? What if after assessment from NNAS and CNO result to a need for bridging program and/or exam, can an applicant apply for a student permit to take the bridging courses and/or any exams needed in order to be registered as an RPN/RN in Ontario?

Please advise. Thank you again.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
So while reading online i came across this article

Action
On January 1, 2013, the College of Nurses of Ontario introduced amendments to its registration regulation that disproportionately affect internationally educated nurses. The problems include:

• a very short time frame for transitioning from the old rules to the new ones
  • insufficient grand parenting of applications that were already in progress when the new rules came into effect
  • a lack of transparency about the licensing changes
  • poor communication with applicants
  • delays in processing applications
The OFC has raised these concerns with the CNO on many occasions.

July 2013

This was from the fairness commission from 2013...wow its 2017 almost 2018 and i dont think not even one of those have been addressed.

Reactions: iblessed

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
So while reading online i came across this article

Action
On January 1, 2013, the College of Nurses of Ontario introduced amendments to its registration regulation that disproportionately affect internationally educated nurses. The problems include:

• a very short time frame for transitioning from the old rules to the new ones
  • insufficient grand parenting of applications that were already in progress when the new rules came into effect
  • a lack of transparency about the licensing changes
  • poor communication with applicants
  • delays in processing applications
The OFC has raised these concerns with the CNO on many occasions.

July 2013

This was from the fairness commission from 2013...wow its 2017 almost 2018 and i dont think not even one of those have been addressed.
Yeah exactly. That's why it's soooo important to continue to write to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner because otherwise none of these things will even be suggested for change. CNO says the creation of NNAS was to help with these things, but yet they made the exact same mistake when implemented NNAS. They did not warn anyone that changes were coming and that schools previously accepted as comparable will no longer be accepted, they didn't grandfather in those who were already underway with their education or application, and there was zero transparency about how NNAS conducts their assessment. The thing is, CNO gets around this because they can now say to the Fairness Commissioner that NNAS is a separate entity and they have no control over it nor are they responsible for it. CNO is required to care what Fairness Commissioner says but NNAS isn't because they are a private company. So basically CNO outsourced responsibility and obligation to comply with Fairness Commissioner! It's sickening!

Scroll down here and you will see a list of things recommended by OFC from a 2012 assessment and the dates in which OFC considers them to have fixed the problem. http://www.fairnesscommissioner.ca/index_en.php?page=professions/summary_nurses_2014
When I asked the Fairness Commissioner how I can access the information that CNO provided in order to earn a "checkmark" beside each of the things they needed to improve upon (ie; what they did to make a change), they said they could not provide this. I asked why and they said they dont know and they don't keep record of the actions CNO took to show they fixed a problem. Seriously!