+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thank you very much for the feedback, I truly appreciate it. Ok that is clear.

However, an IEN does not need to have any immigration status when s/he applies to NNAS and be assess by CNO, correct? What if after assessment from NNAS and CNO result to a need for bridging program and/or exam, can an applicant apply for a student permit to take the bridging courses and/or any exams needed in order to be registered as an RPN/RN in Ontario?

Please advise. Thank you again.
This is correct. An IEN does not need to have any immigration status when s/he applies to NNAS and be assess by CNO. But, one does need to be a citizen, PR or refugee to get the actual license and work as a nurse. If an applicant is lucky enough to get a spot in a bridge program then they can apply for a student visa but there is no guarantee it will be granted. In some cases, schools may require the applicant to have a student visa before being eligible for the program. Best to check with each individual school to understand their requirements.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Another week and nothing this is utter rubbish
Timelyness is one of the requirements of regulatory bodies. From the OFC website:

"The government introduced the Fair Access to Regulated Professions Act (FARPA) later in 2006. For the first time in the history of the regulated professions in Ontario, there would be oversight to ensure that registration practices were transparent, objective, impartial and fair, and that responses to individuals were timely. The bill received all-party support in the legislature and came into effect on March 1, 2007."

Your case, and the case of many others, is definitely an example of this requirement not being met.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hey Guys,

Is it required to have experience for applying to NNAS to be qualified. If yes, how much experience is required to qualify? I am currently working with experience of 10 months as RN in USA and wants to start first step towards getting licensure for RN in Canada. I have applied for express entry PR and if granted PR will tentatively come to canada by october next year.

Based on the timely process i was thinking of starting the process sooner but since i need 2 months to have atleast one year experience i raised this question to check whether to wait or apply without wasting time.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hey Guys,

Is it required to have experience for applying to NNAS to be qualified. If yes, how much experience is required to qualify? I am currently working with experience of 10 months as RN in USA and wants to start first step towards getting licensure for RN in Canada. I have applied for express entry PR and if granted PR will tentatively come to canada by october next year.

Based on the timely process i was thinking of starting the process sooner but since i need 2 months to have atleast one year experience i raised this question to check whether to wait or apply without wasting time.
You can apply. The sooner the better with this, it's so ridiculously long of a process. I applied when I had only 6 months (approx) experience. NNAS only looks at your nursing education and not your experience working as a nurse.

What country did you receive your nursing education?

Reactions: ksp1989

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
You can apply. The sooner the better with this, it's so ridiculously long of a process. I applied when I had only 6 months (approx) experience. NNAS only looks at your nursing education and not your experience working as a nurse.

What country did you receive your nursing education?
I did my nursing education from India. Did all the evaluation through CGFNS and gave NCLEX-RN while residing in USA. But unfortunately Canada does not except CGFNS evaluation so have to start the whole process again through NNAS which uses CGFNS.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I did my nursing education from India. Did all the evaluation through CGFNS and gave NCLEX-RN while residing in USA. But unfortunately Canada does not except CGFNS evaluation so have to start the whole process again through NNAS which uses CGFNS.
Which is just another way to make money off us...
1. Its not as nearly as fast
2. Double the cost
3. Your still gonna have to do over some stuff like job description which was asked of me again from CNO
4. Did i say its gonna take long...its gonna take a looooong time

Reactions: ksp1989 and RN_0001

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Which is just another way to make money off us...
1. Its not as nearly as fast
2. Double the cost
3. Your still gonna have to do over some stuff like job description which was asked of me again from CNO
4. Did i say its gonna take long...its gonna take a looooong time

CNO is long shot away for me. Based on your experience i think if i am lucky enough my application will go to CNO by end of next year.. As i have to wait atleast one year for NNAS to get through... I may have to think of some other profession though in the mean time as I cannot work and this freaking process will take 2 years... (NNAS + CNO)

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
CNO is long shot away for me. Based on your experience i think if i am lucky enough my application will go to CNO by end of next year.. As i have to wait atleast one year for NNAS to get through... I may have to think of some other profession though in the mean time as I cannot work and this freaking process will take 2 years... (NNAS + CNO)
Why can't you work in the meantime? I thought you were working as a RN in the USA? You'll want to keep working as a RN during this time because you don't want to risk your safe practice expiring before you can get a license in Ontario.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Why can't you work in the meantime? I thought you were working as a RN in the USA? You'll want to keep working as a RN during this time because you don't want to risk your safe practice expiring before you can get a license in Ontario.
I agree...continue practicing...i learned the hard way as i thought it would be a quick process...if you can apply to another province along with CNO just one may be a lil quicker than others...and NNAS wont take a year just a few months...a week can feel like years whrn your waiting

Reactions: ksp1989

miz_Nep

Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys

I am a registered nurse in Nepal. I have been working as a nursing instructor and as an RN for approximately 6 years now.
I am in the process of my permanent resident application to Canada. So, I am thinking to initiate the nursing assessment as I still have plenty of time. Since I am flexible to choose the province, I would want to know which province is comparatively easier to get registered as a foreign nurse. Also, how difficult it is to transfer your registration from one province to another?

I hope to get some suggestions.

Cheers

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014

Thanks I was thinking of worst case scenario where it takes 2 years (I saw few folks in forum complaining about 1 year of NNAS) as i am going to work till next year end but I can't work after that because of visa expiration. That's why i applied via express entry to move to Canada. Its a long wait for Green Card in USA for Indians and visa sponsorship is another headache for me. Hopefully 1 year is a good time to know where I am in terms of processing.