+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I can't remember where you're at, please refresh me. You have completed NNAS with somewhat comparable and are now waiting for CNO to direct you as to what to do next? Or?
Yeah finished NNAS with Non Comparable i think it was...they requested my job description again in March i think, i did jurisdiction maybe march too, so yeah...i also did NCLEX before coming here
I can't remember where you're at, please refresh me. You have completed NNAS with somewhat comparable and are now waiting for CNO to direct you as to what to do next? Or?

Reactions: RN_0001

MitchMoyo

Aug 7, 2017
Hello friends,
I am a registered nurse and midwife from Nigeria (3 years diploma in nursing and 18 months midwifery program).
Received visas and COPR two months ago and am planning to start my NNAS application soon.
My family and i are planning to migrate to Canada early next year and live in Alberta.my questions-

I plan to apply for LPN and RN in Alberta,is this ok and what are my chances as a nurse/midwife with 5 years of experience that lasted up to July last year?
Will NNAS process my application without IELTS?if yes at what stage will CARNA request for IELTS?
To be honest with you all i can say is that we are landing in Alberta, i am really confused as to what province to choose for my application,please can you advice as to any province that processes application fast and does not give much trouble?

Your advise and experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks.
@RN_001,@needscoffee,@orichy ,@trxter 41 and others please help
I'm an International trained nurse from Zimbabwe trained in UK qualified with a Bsci in 2012. Been working since applied NNAS September 2016 got a favourable reply June 2017 applied CARNA said I lacked in peadiatrics so I have to do 2 4wk courses unfortunately of the uni's they advised one wasn't running the course for Sept and the other was full. I've applied last week both uni's for winter 2018 so I am waiting for reply. To be honest I chose a province don't know much just applied. CARNA were quite quick they replied in days asking for work history by email when I emailed BK they told me what I lacked almost instantly and if I finish I should be eligible for a temp license

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
I'm an International trained nurse from Zimbabwe trained in UK qualified with a Bsci in 2012. Been working since applied NNAS September 2016 got a favourable reply June 2017 applied CARNA said I lacked in peadiatrics so I have to do 2 4wk courses unfortunately of the uni's they advised one wasn't running the course for Sept and the other was full. I've applied last week both uni's for winter 2018 so I am waiting for reply. To be honest I chose a province don't know much just applied. CARNA were quite quick they replied in days asking for work history by email when I emailed BK they told me what I lacked almost instantly and if I finish I should be eligible for a temp license
If only CNO used emails...they go by the old fashion way...mail. The process sounds quite smooth well atleast for you. Hope you get a favorable response

MitchMoyo

Aug 7, 2017
Hi guys some advice has anyone applied for a visa to some courses on the bridging programme as mine are only 4 weeks only. Do you apply for visitors or student permit? I applied to CARNA and will be in Alberta. Also when you finish the course can you apply for a work permit whilst you still in Canada or you have to return.?

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hello,
Thanks so much for your reply.So do you advice that i apply for LPN only or both RN and LPN?
If i apply for LPN now,how easy is it to upgrade to RN from LPN?
Read online about some university programs in Alberta to upgrade from LPN to degree,do you think this is better and easier than applying for RN thru NNAS and having to wait for bridging programs?
Do you know if needscoffee is a degree or diploma nurse,he/she was told to prepare for CRPNE for Alberta LPN?
Thanks

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
THANKS FOR SHARING,please keep us posted on how far it goes.good luck.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Im thinking of drafting a letter and sending to CNO asking to speak with someone...its been a few months now havent heard anything, ive called no answer, email no response, what do you guys think?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Im thinking of drafting a letter and sending to CNO asking to speak with someone...its been a few months now havent heard anything, ive called no answer, email no response, what do you guys think?
Yes please do it! Michael Van Viegan is the Manager of Customer Service so would be the one to contact about the fact that nobody replies. I would also send it to Suzanne Volger who is the Manager of Entry-to-Practice. She needs to know that IENs who are trying to get registered are facing a huge barrier just in the customer service end of things (for starters anyway, there are so many more barriers!)

I think that it might also be a good idea to send to James Mendel who is the person responsible for the nursing portfolio at the Office of the Fairness Commissioner in Ontario. james.mendel@ontario.ca He needs to know these barriers as well. the purpose of the Fairness Commissioner is to "make sure they (licensing bodies) are transparent, objective, impartial and fair for anyone applying to practise". Discuss in your letter how you feel that lack of communication or lack of communication within reasonable time-frames is unfair and also makes it difficult to ensure transparency because the applicant really has no idea what is going on.

Winter Rose

Mar 14, 2017
I am a graduate nurse from India and planning to apply for nnas now. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 4 years.

So kindly help me to fill up the application form...could anyone tell me what should I fill in part c examination..is it regarding bsc nursing exams or should i need to fill Saudi Prometric Exam details also...if yes how to add it ..

Again regarding registration should I mention both Indian registration and Saudi registration...
Please help me

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
I am a graduate nurse from India and planning to apply for nnas now. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 4 years.

So kindly help me to fill up the application form...could anyone tell me what should I fill in part c examination..is it regarding bsc nursing exams or should i need to fill Saudi Prometric Exam details also...if yes how to add it ..

Again regarding registration should I mention both Indian registration and Saudi registration...
Please help me
Hi,
I think you should mention both registration since you have 4 years of experience in Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: Winter Rose

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017

Hello,RN-0001
Thanks so much for your reply.So do you advice that i apply for LPN only or both RN and LPN?
If i apply for LPN now,how easy is it to upgrade to RN from LPN?
Read online about some university programs in Alberta e.g Athabasca university online program to upgrade from LPN to degree,do you think this is better and easier than applying for RN thru NNAS and having to wait for bridging programs?

Do you know if needscoffee is a degree or diploma nurse,he/she was told to prepare for CRPNE for Alberta LPN?
Thanks

Winter Rose

Mar 14, 2017
But how to add both registrations?

And what should I fill in examination part C...is it regarding Nursing board exam or should I add saudi Prometric Exam details also?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
http://www.cno.org/globalassets/2-howweprotectthepublic/statistical-reports/applicant-statistics-report-2016.pdf

Page 26-27

Only 1.4% of internationally educated nurses who applied to CNO in 2016 got their registration within 12 months. In other words, 97.3% of IENs who applied in 2016 were not licensed by the end of 2016. 79% of those who applied in 2015 were still not registered by the end of 2016.

Please note that these times are AFTER the NNAS process has been completed (applicants don't apply until after they receive their NNAS Advisory Report). So add the yearlong (give or take) NNAS process to This should give applicants a good idea of timelines...

delwin86

May 29, 2017
Hello
http://www.cno.org/globalassets/2-howweprotectthepublic/statistical-reports/applicant-statistics-report-2016.pdf

Page 26-27

Only 1.4% of internationally educated nurses who applied to CNO in 2016 got their registration within 12 months. In other words, 97.3% of IENs who applied in 2016 were not licensed by the end of 2016. 79% of those who applied in 2015 were still not registered by the end of 2016.

Please note that these times are AFTER the NNAS process has been completed (applicants don't apply until after they receive their NNAS Advisory Report). So add the yearlong (give or take) NNAS process to This should give applicants a good idea of timelines...
.Hello, Iam IEN RN , completed additional studies in Athabasca university and Fanshawae college after IENCAP in Ontario, is anybody in this group waiting after completing additional education required by CNO? Thanks