+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thanks RN_0001. Is there a minimun number of months or years to work for them to assess my application?
I'm not sure, each province might have a different amount of time. Best to check with the licensing body in the province where you want to apply. But, if I were to guess, I'd say at least one year. But also weight your options. For example, if you work for one year as a nurse, apply to NNAS, then do all of the testing and further courses required by the licensing body, you might end up spending the same amount of time that it would take to get a whole BScN in Canada. Of course getting a BScN in Canada would cost a lot though. But at the end of a BScN in Canada at least you are guaranteed that your education is acceptable.

HTC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
I'm not sure, each province might have a different amount of time. Best to check with the licensing body in the province where you want to apply. But, if I were to guess, I'd say at least one year. But also weight your options. For example, if you work for one year as a nurse, apply to NNAS, then do all of the testing and further courses required by the licensing body, you might end up spending the same amount of time that it would take to get a whole BScN in Canada. Of course getting a BScN in Canada would cost a lot though. But at the end of a BScN in Canada at least you are guaranteed that your education is acceptable.
Hi,
I am pretty much the same situation as bubie14.
Do you think I can do a refreshment course for 1.5 yrs?
Anybody else did a refreshment course for RN?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi,
I am pretty much the same situation as bubie14.
Do you think I can do a refreshment course for 1.5 yrs?
Anybody else did a refreshment course for RN?
Wait time to get into the course is unreasonably long. There are very few spaces and they are always full immediately. Takes years to get in, if you do get in. It's not the best option.

Ihssaneco

Sep 21, 2017
Casablanca, Morocco
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Casablanca
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11/2016
Hi guys, how is everyone? Thank you for all the help. I've just paid the NNAS and i didnt know where to find the forms. Any idea ?

HTC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Wait time to get into the course is unreasonably long. There are very few spaces and they are always full immediately. Takes years to get in, if you do get in. It's not the best option.
Thanks for the reply. What would you suggest for my case? I am just trying to gather information from experienced people.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply. What would you suggest for my case? I am just trying to gather information from experienced people.
It depends on your exact situation but if your scenario is the same as bubie14, as I said to bubie 14, you will need to get a job as a nurse in the country where you are licensed and work as a nurse. If you do not have nursing work experience in the past 3 years (if applying to Ontario) or the last 5 years (if applying elsewhere in Canada) then you will have to get a nursing degree in Canada in order to be eligible for a license.

HTC

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
It depends on your exact situation but if your scenario is the same as bubie14, as I said to bubie 14, you will need to get a job as a nurse in the country where you are licensed and work as a nurse. If you do not have nursing work experience in the past 3 years (if applying to Ontario) or the last 5 years (if applying elsewhere in Canada) then you will have to get a nursing degree in Canada in order to be eligible for a license.
Thank you for the reply. I guess that's the only option I have now.

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hello,
How long did CLPNA take after your appilcation post NNAS report to tell you the next step?
Did NNAS waive your IELTS? if yes when did CLPNA request for IELTS during your application process?
How far have you gone with your bridging program for RN?heard that there is a long waiting list?

Sorry for asking many questions,i am about to start my NNAS application and planning to apply to Alberta.
need some clarifications.Anyone could help please
Thanks

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hello friends,
I am a registered nurse and midwife from Nigeria (3 years diploma in nursing and 18 months midwifery program).
Received visas and COPR two months ago and am planning to start my NNAS application soon.
My family and i are planning to migrate to Canada early next year and live in Alberta.my questions-

I plan to apply for LPN and RN in Alberta,is this ok and what are my chances as a nurse/midwife with 5 years of experience that lasted up to July last year?
Will NNAS process my application without IELTS?if yes at what stage will CARNA request for IELTS?
To be honest with you all i can say is that we are landing in Alberta, i am really confused as to what province to choose for my application,please can you advice as to any province that processes application fast and does not give much trouble?

Your advise and experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks.
@RN_001,@needscoffee,@orichy ,@trxter 41 and others please help

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello friends,
I am a registered nurse and midwife from Nigeria (3 years diploma in nursing and 18 months midwifery program).
Received visas and COPR two months ago and am planning to start my NNAS application soon.
My family and i are planning to migrate to Canada early next year and live in Alberta.my questions-

I plan to apply for LPN and RN in Alberta,is this ok and what are my chances as a nurse/midwife with 5 years of experience that lasted up to July last year?
Your chances for LPN are much better than RN, however, even as LPN there is no guarantee that you won't face difficulties or extra steps.

Will NNAS process my application without IELTS?if yes at what stage will CARNA request for IELTS?
I'm not sure on this one as I'm more familiar with the Ontario process. Others can likely answer this though.

To be honest with you all i can say is that we are landing in Alberta, i am really confused as to what province to choose for my application,please can you advice as to any province that processes application fast and does not give much trouble?
There really isn't any province that gives less trouble. Some might say BC but those are mostly UK or America educated who had an easier time there. From Nigeria, unfortunately I don't think it will matter much which province you apply to. I would look at the job market to help decide where to work. Toronto, Ontario or Edmonton, Alberta are major cities who are saturated with nurses and there is no need there. Remote rural communities have a need, but living in a remote community you would definitely be separated from a strong Nigerian community which exists in most major Canadian cities.

Your advise and experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks.
@RN_001,@needscoffee,@orichy ,@trxter 41 and others please help

gops

Oct 4, 2015
it's been a month to my status is in ready for review for CNO,
how long does it take to change the status?
is there anyone else who is on the same stage & want share update?

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
it's been a month to my status is in ready for review for CNO,
how long does it take to change the status?
is there anyone else who is on the same stage & want share update?
i have submitted all the documents two months ago and still under processing when i called last week

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Well its past the year mark for me still nowhere with CNO...seems im gonna be in for the long run
I can't remember where you're at, please refresh me. You have completed NNAS with somewhat comparable and are now waiting for CNO to direct you as to what to do next? Or?