+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
you applied for RN right?

I only got 32.87% :'(
in
what did CNO told you when you applied to them? do they still consider the application even it's not comparable?
Oh yes, CNO accepts all applications. Application is just a request for a license. NNAS is just the first step before you are allowed to submit an application. NNAS Advisory Report is used by CNO to decide what to do with your application next. If it is non-comparable, guaranteed they will ask you to do some other steps before you are considered to have met the education requirement. The steps will probably include registering for and being successful in the IENCAP, as well as submitting information from your employer. If/when you meet the education requirement, they allow you to move on to the next thing, which is usually NCLEX-RN.

Yes I applied to RN since that's the job I was trained for and the only job I want to do.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
I applied in CARNA for their assessment. just wondering how many weeks they will tell you the result? when you get the result, is it the two option: SEC or bridging? or what will happen next?
i'm getting scared of what will happen because of my advisory result :(

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Oh yes, CNO accepts all applications. Application is just a request for a license. NNAS is just the first step before you are allowed to submit an application. NNAS Advisory Report is used by CNO to decide what to do with your application next. If it is non-comparable, guaranteed they will ask you to do some other steps before you are considered to have met the education requirement. The steps will probably include registering for and being successful in the IENCAP, as well as submitting information from your employer. If/when you meet the education requirement, they allow you to move on to the next thing, which is usually NCLEX-RN.

Yes I applied to RN since that's the job I was trained for and the only job I want to do.
ahh got yah..

I applied in NNAS for their assessment. I paid $163 for it and the CS says it's just initial assessment.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
I applied in CARNA for their assessment. just wondering how many weeks they will tell you the result? when you get the result, is it the two option: SEC or bridging? or what will happen next?
i'm getting scared of what will happen because of my advisory result :(
Most likely they will ask you to do SEC. If you pass SEC then you won't have to do more. If you do not pass it, they will tell you to do the bridging program.

Almost everybody gets "non comparable" so you are in the majority here.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Most likely they will ask you to do SEC. If you pass SEC then you won't have to do more. If you do not pass it, they will tell you to do the bridging program.

Almost everybody gets "non comparable" so you are in the majority here.
so it means even you wont pass the SEC they will still give you chance to do the bridging program? do you have any idea how many years is the bridging? thank you

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Hi.. I have a question in regards on applying to CLPNA. how to send the application through email if I can't answer it online? or do I have to answer it in paper then scan it and send to their email?

thnx

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
so it means even you wont pass the SEC they will still give you chance to do the bridging program? do you have any idea how many years is the bridging? thank you
Yes. They might. Looks like it's 3-4 semesters which could be 1.5 to 2 years (because main courses are not always offered in summer).
http://www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/FacultiesSchoolsCentres/HealthCommunityEducation/Programs/BridgetoCanadianNursing/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/index.htm

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Looks like it's 3-4 semesters which could be 1.5 to 2 years (because main courses are not always offered in summer).
ohh I thought only 10months. do you have any idea what will happen next after you finish the bridging program? thx

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
ohh I thought only 10months. do you have any idea what will happen next after you finish the bridging program? thx
Could be 10 months. Just depends on when courses are offered and if you can take them all in 10 months.
I'm not doing the bridging program. I did the IENCAP (Ontario) and feel good about it. I'm pretty certain I passed. I have already written NCLEX-RN so if I passed IENCAP I will have met all requirements.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Just an update to my situation.
So before I got the idea of calling NNAS from this forum, I had already sent an "angry email" to NNAS on Sunday. Got a reply from the evaluator himself that my identity document was lacking and that I needed to produce a PDF doc of a notarized copy after which he will be able to complete the application and issue an advisory report. Long story short, I furnished the document on Thursday and I just checked my NNAS account dashboard today(Friday) and it says "Report Issued". Finally!!!!! I got somewhat comparable. ;)

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Yes. They might. Looks like it's 3-4 semesters which could be 1.5 to 2 years (because main courses are not always offered in summer).
http://www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/FacultiesSchoolsCentres/HealthCommunityEducation/Programs/BridgetoCanadianNursing/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/index.htm
Will you be awarded a degree with the bridging course or not? I am confused.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
RN_0001 said:
It pays off to advocate for yourself! Congratulations!!!
You received your nursing education in Singapore? Or Philippines?
Thanks friend :)
Nursing education done in Singapore. Diploma in Nursing and practising as RN. Will be a different case in Canada tho.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
SGtoCAD said:
Thanks friend :)
Nursing education done in Singapore. Diploma in Nursing and practising as RN. Will be a different case in Canada tho.
How many years was your nursing program? Diploma or degree? Just wondering because it might determine your next steps.