+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
SGtoCAD said:
Diploma for 3 yrs
Okay, hmmm... I'm not sure what they will ask of you for your next step then. It's a confusing one because they found you to be "somewhat comparable" which, these days, they are treating the same as "comparable", in Ontario anyways. Not 100% sure about how they are treating "non comparable" in Alberta. But at the same time, a 4 year degree is required as a minimum for RN so because of that they might ask you to do some courses. I suppose you will find out in a few weeks once you have applied to CARNA and they give you some direction. I think you should know within a month.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Okay, hmmm... I'm not sure what they will ask of you for your next step then. It's a confusing one because they found you to be "somewhat comparable" which, these days, they are treating the same as "comparable", in Ontario anyways. Not 100% sure about how they are treating "non comparable" in Alberta. But at the same time, a 4 year degree is required as a minimum for RN so because of that they might ask you to do some courses. I suppose you will find out in a few weeks once you have applied to CARNA and they give you some direction. I think you should know within a month.
Im actually thinking of applying to CNO or CLPNBC. But more towards ontario as the york uni is there

eighteen66

Mar 7, 2017
RN_0001 said:
1) im not sure if it will affect your immigration. Might want to check with an immigration lawyer first.
2) I think Canada only accepts NCLEX results if the exam was completed in Canada or the US.

Please please do not move your life here until you know for certain how this is going to turn out. Many people have moved here too and tried to set up a life but found out when they were already here how next to impossible it was for them to be considered comparable and able to practice. They ran out of money waiting in some cases. Just be careful to know the ins and outs of this. Before you make a huge move :)

HI,
CAN YOU HELP ME. DOES ALL REGULATORY BODIES IN NURSING I NEED A COPY OF MY GOODSTANDING?
THANK YOU

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
hi! anyone applying in CARNA?
what did you put in the description unit?
I only worked in one employer for 1 year and 9 months. because they ask the date started and end then the total hours. but in that year I was assigned in medical-surgical/ pediatric ward and ER. do I just combine it? or separate it?

thnx

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
hi! anyone applying in CARNA?
what did you put in the description unit?
I only worked in one employer for 1 year and 9 months. because they ask the date started and end then the total hours. but in that year I was assigned in medical-surgical/ pediatric ward and ER. do I just combine it? or separate it?

thnx
You should call CARNA to ask, but, I think that whatever you do you should write all 3 of those areas of work so that they know you have experience with all 3. Child/pediatric is a requirement of Canadian nursing education and having experience with it can make a difference in their decision when you get closer to licensing. Do not leave it out.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
SGtoCAD said:
Hi! I applied for evaluation for BC and ontario only. :/
Okay, sorry, I think I mixed you up with someone else and thought you were applying in Alberta.
Were you somewhat comparable to RN or RPN/LPN?

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hey group. So my status changed from ready for review to ready for final review i keep calling every week but the answers still the same, they cant say when it will be issued as it can be any time....anytime can mean a year in my head. Does anyone know the time line roughly how long after that the report is issued...i know every ones different...but i just want a ball park time

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Okay, sorry, I think I mixed you up with someone else and thought you were applying in Alberta.
Were you somewhat comparable to RN or RPN/LPN?
Initially i applied for RN but upon reading your advice, i changed it to LPN/RPN.

robints

Jan 12, 2017
i have academic IELTS 7 score in each module on december 2015.will i be able to apply for National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) in canada with this ielts result.kindly reply me.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
robints said:
i have academic IELTS 7 score in each module on december 2015.will i be able to apply for National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) in canada with this ielts result.kindly reply me.
what I know is your IELTS or CELBAN should be 6months if your going to apply for NNAS or else they will require you to get new one. but you can still phone the NNAS and ask just to make sure.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Legentellison said:
Hey group. So my status changed from ready for review to ready for final review i keep calling every week but the answers still the same, they cant say when it will be issued as it can be any time....anytime can mean a year in my head. Does anyone know the time line roughly how long after that the report is issued...i know every ones different...but i just want a ball park time
when mine was changed to review for final review, the next day they issued the report

eighteen66

Mar 7, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Hey,

Guys is it true that for example. I am not in the Philippines I could just sign the form given by NNAS and send it to my family or friends and then they can give to school, prc and my employer to be filled up??

Thank you soo much